Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    I've got an appointment on Wednesday so I'll keep taking them till then and see what he says. The whole reason I wanted to go on meds was to stop myself missing so many classes at uni but it seems to have backfired! My friend has agreed to go buy me lucozade so that's a positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yy: Sounds like a plan, and make sure and keep us posted.

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    So, for the second time my exciting ATOS ESA appointment has been moved, last time I had 2 days notice, this time they ring me up on the morning. ><
    What a surprising turn of events! :lol: Still, why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    :crossedf:
    Just wanted to say good luck, and that you'll make a fantastic teacher.

Also you and girlfriend should come visit us sometime.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Catholic schools DO employ non-Catholic teachers, so hopefully it won't be as awkward as you think. I hate to have to say this to you but I would try and avoid references to your girlfriend, though. Lots of Catholics can be close-minded about these things, unfortunately

I don't think anyone, Quakers aside, are quite there on same sex marriage, are they? :no:

I have lots of confidence that you will be great with the students. You're such a great PS Helper and it's the same sorts of skills, so I have faith that you won't be awful - far from it! :hugs:

No worries

Spoiler:
    Show
    Praying to St Jean-Baptiste de la Salle and St Gregory the Great, patron saints of teachers :jebus:
    Oh, I'm definitely staying silent about the girlfriend having situation. I've de-gay-blinged this morning. Off came my uber gay ampersand ring and gayer than gay thumb ring and tonight my ladylove is trying to get my lip ring out of my face.

They have several placement students and they can't all be Catholic so I'll be okay. I think it's literally just my teenage angst triggering all over again.

I do love the Quakers. They're such a brilliant bunch and their food is excellent :sogood:

I'm hoping I can't be too bad. My main worry is how shy I am and I've been super OCD-twitchy recently. I have symmetrical contact OCD so if I get too anxious I'll just look super odd and twitchy. I'm just going to stay positive. I've printed myself out some help sheets, observations sheets and the general information from the school's website so I can refer to it if needed and I just need to smile my way through it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like im living of rennie for the forseable future :woo:
    Just want the pain to stop so i can atleast sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh, I'm definitely staying silent about the girlfriend having situation. I've de-gay-blinged this morning. Off came my uber gay ampersand ring and gayer than gay thumb ring and tonight my ladylove is trying to get my lip ring out of my face.
    Tiz a shame to lose the bling I suppose you can't wear too much jewellery in schools anyway? :dontknow:

They have several placement students and they can't all be Catholic so I'll be okay. I think it's literally just my teenage angst triggering all over again.
    Yeah, I can totally see how it would bring back old memories for you. You are stronger than you think though and I do believe you can get through this

I do love the Quakers. They're such a brilliant bunch and their food is excellent :sogood:
    I know jack all about Quakers but they do seem a pretty cool denomination, from the little I do know! :yep:

I'm hoping I can't be too bad. My main worry is how shy I am and I've been super OCD-twitchy recently. I have symmetrical contact OCD so if I get too anxious I'll just look super odd and twitchy. I'm just going to stay positive. I've printed myself out some help sheets, observations sheets and the general information from the school's website so I can refer to it if needed and I just need to smile my way through it.
    That's the spirit! You can totally do this! :yep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :yy: Sounds like a plan, and make sure and keep us posted.

What a surprising turn of events! :lol: Still, why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

Just wanted to say good luck, and that you'll make a fantastic teacher.

Also you and girlfriend should come visit us sometime.
    Thank yooooou! I will definitely come to you soonish. Hopefully before Christmas! I think I've managed to get myself involved in so many things that my brain is about to explode at the moment but it'll settle again soon and I really miss you guys!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anything makes me happy anymore.

Mental health: 1 - Gemma: 0

(Again)
    :cry:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gemmer_)
    I don't think anything makes me happy anymore.

Mental health: 1 - Gemma: 0

(Again)
    :cry:
    :jumphug: :Console: :jumphug: Am currently logged onto Facebook chat, if talking would help :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on mirazapine? Don't know if I've spelt that right? Currently on paroxetine and I'm worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    Anyone on mirazapine? Don't know if I've spelt that right? Currently on paroxetine and I'm worried.
    I was on it for a few months - are you worried about switching onto it or something? It was decent enough for side-effects with me, I just got the sedation (which wore off) and vivid dreams. A lot of other people get an increased appetite with it though.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    It was fantastic for me. I pulled me out of the deepest depression I've ever had and I'd take it again in the heartbeat. It was a little sedating to start but once you find your dosage that definitely wore off for me.

My only issue was the crazy appetite. I went from being a healthy, 5-a-day veggie monster to an eating peanut butter out of the jar, takeaway every night human lump.

The weight gain was worth it but I'm having to fight to shift it all now I'm better mentally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I was on it for a few months - are you worried about switching onto it or something? It was decent enough for side-effects with me, I just got the sedation (which wore off) and vivid dreams. A lot of other people get an increased appetite with it though.
    It was fantastic for me. I pulled me out of the deepest depression I've ever had and I'd take it again in the heartbeat. It was a little sedating to start but once you find your dosage that definitely wore off for me.

My only issue was the crazy appetite. I went from being a healthy, 5-a-day veggie monster to an eating peanut butter out of the jar, takeaway every night human lump.

The weight gain was worth it but I'm having to fight to shift it all now I'm better mentally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your replies. My main concern is the sedating effect. I need to be able to work in the morning and evening.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies. My main concern is the sedating effect. I need to be able to work in the morning and evening.
    Hmm, going by my experience and that of others on here, that could be tricky for the first few days/week or so. It commonly causes people to sleep up to around 17 hours a day, although you can get used to the drug quite quickly (I think within a fortnight I was able to cope on just a little more sleep than usual).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Its such a good job the council talk to other departments and know whats what :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug: Hope everything else is going well for you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    :jumphug: Hope everything else is going well for you too
    Dont have a moving date and things are slowly moving after being passed around the council office thismorning... So not fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have been reading a thread on here that is so similar to my lifestory that it's surreal/unreal. On the one hand, it's pretty triggering to read but on the other, it kinda makes me feel I've come a long way. Still a long way to go to being over everything that's happened and to forgive, forget and move on, but maybe I'm doing better than I realised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm not in the UK but am taking part, how could I resist?
    Exactly.

I've lost all academic ability and I've stopped caring. I don't even know what to do for one of my essays and I'm starting to feel sick with worry that I won't work it out before the deadline.
    It is not lost, just hidden. If you want, I can tell you, how I would/should do it, ... or just chat about it ... just PM

(Original post by sadpanda123)
    I decided to take a year out so I've been working away. What I wanted to ask was do you have any ideas what else I could do this year so I haven't *just* worked - I feel like I should do some more interesting things as well, and still find I can feel quite down/bored/anxious on my days off?
    -> Thinking and reading
    -> not feeling anxious on days off
    -> seeing something like an island
    -> sail a large sailing boat
    -> learn an instrument

I don't think anyone, Quakers aside, are quite there on same sex marriage, are they? :no:
    Lutheranians? Depending on the region, priest can live together with their partner (even being equally treated!) or even become bishops! (e.g. Stockholm)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nathanielle)

Lutheranians? Depending on the region, priest can live together with their partner (even being equally treated!) or even become bishops! (e.g. Stockholm)
    Oooh, as in gay priests and bishops? That's pretty good going Though do they support same sex marriages, as opposed to just civil partnerships? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, as in gay priests and bishops? That's pretty good going Though do they support same sex marriages, as opposed to just civil partnerships? :ninja:
    My vicar from back home (church of england) is openly gay and lives with his partner :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    My vicar from back home (church of england) is openly gay and lives with his partner :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The CoE is very good like that, for sure! Though afaik, it doesn't support same sex marriage anymore than my denomination (Catholicism) does. Not that I'm looking to change denominations - happy where I am - but is always good to know more about others! My RE lessons didn't cover other denominations very well

ReputationRep:
    Though do they support same sex marriages, as opposed to just civil partnerships? :ninja:
    At least they discuss it seriously and not as theoretical theological question in the future, but some regions allow to bless them during service, so I would say, they are on a good way. In addition, they support equality before the law, which at least, means that the civil partnership is supported in regard to the rights of the children, etc. But it is very difficult to say, because there exists a lot of regional differences on that matter.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.