Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Liverpool would be in the CL next year as well :facepalm2:
    If the table was a hypothetical final one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    It is indeed ridiculous how many of our shots hit the post. I can't really think of any rational cause either: sure if it was that out shooting was rubbish, the shots would simply go wide? I honestly cannot think of a factor behind this other than bad luck.
    Probably is to do with that partly. If you shoot from close range rather than out the box, you're more likely to hit the post.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the actual figures are available, how many times did we hit the post? Also a huge factor might be that we, on average, might be ending games with only a goal in it or even as a draw..

I don't remember the last time we won with a 2 or 3 goal difference in the premiership

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    If the table was a hypothetical final one.
    Pedantic Kev :hand:

I know this, what I was trying to say was that their chance of getting into the CL next year would have been better if this hypothetical table was in fact real...

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember the last time we won with a 2 or 3 goal difference in the premiership
    3-1 against Blackpool 3 weeks ago

(Original post by n1r4v)
    Probably is to do with that partly. If you shoot from close range rather than out the box, you're more likely to hit the post.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Given the way we play, that makes a lot of sense. :yy: It probably also has to do with the fact that in many cases, Arsenal players seem to try and finish a movement by making any sort of contact with the ball rather that directing it into the net. This is particularly conspicuous with headers: none of the players in our team seem to know how to direct offensive headers.

I wonder if the actual figures are available, how many times did we hit the post?
    I think it was 21 before the Bolton game. Most in the league, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    3-1 against Blackpool 3 weeks ago
    I knew somebody was going to write this

ReputationRep:
    The best post shot was by JW during the pre-season against milan? I think. The sound was :coma:
    Also RVP has a knack for hitting the posts.

Only thing RVP needs to up in his game now are the set pieces. The ones this season are quite frankly ****e. I've seen sami and walcott take better ones. Also the bullet freekick by vermaelen in the first game was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    RvP's delivery from set pieces is pretty good. Just don't let him shoot.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the actual figures are available, how many times did we hit the post? Also a huge factor might be that we, on average, might be ending games with only a goal in it or even as a draw..

The goals scored column has been updated in the Opta table, just work out the difference between that and the actual table. You've hit it 21 times. Chelsea have hit it 20 times and gained only 4 points, lots would have been in the 6-0 drubbings earlier in the season i'd imagine. West Ham have hit it 18 times and had it hit their post 23 times, madness :eek3:

And good old Blackpool would have conceded 21 extra goals, putting their total on 91.

ReputationRep:
    I remember Jack's against Celtic a few years ago (I think). Volley from the corner smacked the crossbar. Amazing technique :coma:

RVP's shooting from FKs has been so poor and it used to be immense. The bend and power he can get on them. I was so surprised Walcott could take a decent FK just didn't expect that.

ReputationRep:
    Found it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3pZa...eature=related
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITVSd...eature=related we need more shooting like this too :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Why is Wilshere so good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Why is Wilshere so good?
    Arsenal DNA.

ReputationRep:
    United through then, 2-0 after 30 mins

ReputationRep:
    The shot vs Celtic wasn't a few years ago lol it was at the start of this season.

I remember particular games where we hit the post more than twice; vs City at home and the CC final are important examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    The shot vs Celtic wasn't a few years ago lol it was at the start of this season.

I remember particular games where we hit the post more than twice; vs City at home and the CC final are important examples.
    Oh my mistake. The CC final when he started celebrating then realised it wasn't in?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal chief executive admits fans are being 'priced out' of game :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has already been posted on here but I just need to rant this.

The reason why our ticket prices are going up is because the club signed up to complete stupid commercial deals. Were we get £5m a year for our shirt sponsor, Man utd get £20m+. That's the reason the prices of tickets are going up, to accommodate the losses made from that, not because of inflation. Inflation would take it up a small bit, not a few hundred pounds.

Peter Hill Wood couldn't really care less about the fans, all he cares about is lining his pockets with money.

What I want to know is, Kroenke has taken a controlling share hold in the club and he has loads and loads of money, and with his family connections (his wife is part of the Wall Mart family and is richer than him), why can't we just buy out our sponsor deal with the Fly Emirates shirt sponsor and have a new commercial sponsor from the US which would get us a lot of money.

And Usmanov has his shares, he is one of the richest people in the world. The third richest in Russia, richer than Ambramovic. Why doesn't he give the club some of his money?

This game isn't for working class anymore, especially at Arsenal, where you have upper class people getting season tickets, who read books, leave 10 minutes before full time and don't ever chant, they see it was entertainment and not something that is a huge huge part of your life that they'd sing till they're blue in the face for. It makes me sick.

(Original post by Zionic)
    Sorry if this has already been posted on here but I just need to rant this.

The reason why our ticket prices are going up is because the club signed up to complete stupid commercial deals. Were we get £5m a year for our shirt sponsor, Man utd get £20m+. That's the reason the prices of tickets are going up, to accommodate the losses made from that, not because of inflation. Inflation would take it up a small bit, not a few hundred pounds.

Peter Hill Wood couldn't really care less about the fans, all he cares about is lining his pockets with money.

What I want to know is, Kroenke has taken a controlling share hold in the club and he has loads and loads of money, and with his family connections (his wife is part of the Wall Mart family and is richer than him), why can't we just buy out our sponsor deal with the Fly Emirates shirt sponsor and have a new commercial sponsor from the US which would get us a lot of money.

And Usmanov has his shares, he is one of the richest people in the world. The third richest in Russia, richer than Ambramovic. Why doesn't he give the club some of his money?

This game isn't for working class anymore, especially at Arsenal, where you have upper class people getting season tickets, who read books, leave 10 minutes before full time and don't ever chant, they see it was entertainment and not something that is a huge huge part of your life that they'd sing till they're blue in the face for. It makes me sick.
    I agree with the sentiments in the last paragraph. :yy:

As to the above, perhaps the reason we don't cut our links with Fly Emirates is because we have deals with them beside shirt sponsorship? I'm just guessing on the basis of our stadium being (temporarily) named after them.

Also, I believe Usmanov has offered to inject cash into the club, but this was rejected by the club to make sure we did not become dependent on one individual (this was a couple of seasons ago, obviously). With Kreonke in charge, I'm unsure Usmanov would be as willing to invest directly as he was in the past.bb

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.