Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Describe The Person Above You Generation X watch

• View Poll Results: [MULTIPLE VOTES ALLOWED!!] Who would you like to meet face to face?
    This Honest
    41.67%
    The Epicurean
    20.83%
    Ranbow99
    25.00%
    L'Evil Fish
    37.50%
    Olympiad
    29.17%
    Malevolent
    37.50%
    Boumavilla
    12.50%
    ZRO
    29.17%
    Stevo F
    20.83%
    The Mad Dog
    12.50%
    Simran Mars Foster
    12.50%
    Beeninetytwo
    25.00%
    ipoop
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Doesn't take an hour to say hi. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay then an hour to hang about haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    There really isn't any contradiction if we accept the premise of an afterlife where the actions of individuals in this life are judged, so less of the sarcasm.
    Because spending eternity heaven or hell regardless of the severity of the punishment is "just" :rolleyes: Nowhere in the bible does it explicitly say that people get punished based on the severity of their sin. Therefore the sin of Hitler and the sin of a petty thief results in them both receiving the same equal punishment of eternal punishment in hell.

Next, we are judged based upon our doing good or bad. But what is good and what is bad? If we are to believe the bible is the word of God, why do we see so many immoral laws and commandments? Good moral Christians are often guilty of cherry picking the good passages from the bible. Therefore we can assume they get their morals external to the bible.

Maybe God is the basis of morals? But then we encounter another problem. To quote Socrates from Plato's book Euthyphro:

Is the pious loved by the God because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by God?

At first glance they might appear to be the same. But if good is loved by God because it is good, we find that goodness/morality is external from God and thus we don't need God for morality. If we choose the latter, that what is good is good because it is loved by God, then we have to accept that what is considered moral is based on God's whim and therefore if God stated tomorrow that incest or murder was moral and good, then you would be happy to commit those actions?

I personally find the idea of hell morally repulsive. I don't see how you could base your belief around something so horrendous. I don't think any finite misdoings/evil deserve eternal punishment. And how could you live eternally in heaven and be happy knowing loved ones are in hell? How could you comfortably live in the luxury of heaven while fellow humans who had a bad start in life and were a product of their system (one could say created by God to sin), are being tortured for eternity? I personally can't comprehend how the belief in hell can be paraded as just? :dontknow:

Ps. Never get me started on the topic of God/religion because I never stop >_<

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:

Didn't like that, did you? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ^is a demigod and so should enjoy religious debates :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo F)
    ^is a demigod and so should enjoy religious debates :mmm:
    But like every other god, he wants no one to question him :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm awful on the topic of religion >_< I need to have a restraining order :mmm:

I wonder if you could roll your eyes high enough that they would roll all the way around? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Changing avatar for something else :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    "OK, here's the thing. We've phased out the use of TSR credits on The Student Room as part of our move towards an all-new, much-improved subscription system. But you've still got credits in your account. Is that a problem? Course not! You won't lose out, because we've got a really good deal for you.

For every 15 credits you have in your account, you'll get one whole day of access to our new TSR subscription. You have 200 TSR credits, which means you get a subscription for 13 days. Told you it was a good deal. Just click the button below to start up your subscription."

Can't believe I've just seen this

ReputationRep:
    ^Posted not only once, but twice, before I manage to post my sentence :/
    ^^ Is amazingly wise and knowledgeable. :hello: zed.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Now who created that poll list up there huh? ^

ReputationRep:
    ^only the thread starter can create a poll duh :bootyshake:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soligem)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Never seen you but has a cute sheep pic :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hey Soligem :bigsmile: How have you been?
    I most certainly am not knowledgeable :no:

(Original post by This Honest)
    "OK, here's the thing. We've phased out the use of TSR credits on The Student Room as part of our move towards an all-new, much-improved subscription system. But you've still got credits in your account. Is that a problem? Course not! You won't lose out, because we've got a really good deal for you.

For every 15 credits you have in your account, you'll get one whole day of access to our new TSR subscription. You have 200 TSR credits, which means you get a subscription for 13 days. Told you it was a good deal. Just click the button below to start up your subscription."

Can't believe I've just seen this
    15 credits per day? Isn't it currently 299credits for 30days? :holmes: Therefore aren't you getting a worse deal for your credits? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Is being mean to me for no good reason :cry2:
    ^ ^Thanks But why's that funny?
    ^ Is in doubt of their true capabilities, tisk tisk tisk, yes you are dear.
    I've been good How are you?

ReputationRep:
    ^^indeed i am :lol: but tsr is a profit making company ever since they dashed adverts on our homepage :grumble:
    ^:kiss:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Is being mean to me for no good reason :cry2:
    ^ Thanks But why's that funny?
    It just made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    ^^indeed i am :lol: but tsr is a profit making company ever since they dashed adverts on our homepage :grumble:
    ^:kiss:
    Yooo new avvy I see :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Yooo new avvy I see :mmm:
    Oh yah

ReputationRep:
    ^ Is probably the one who drove ipoop into all the sexual rubbish

(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    It just made me laugh
    I hope it's not what I think it is

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.