Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hope we win the league or the champions league this year the FA cup is all well and good but let's be honest it's a bit of a Mickey Mouse cup. European success would be special but I think I'd rather win the league. With our current transfer activity and reported targets it's unlikely though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Lool, Arsenal fans own the internet. Anyone who says anything sideways about us has gooners in their mentions for days! I almost feel sorry for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You know Sam Wallace the Journalist for the Independent. I remember when AVB's Tottenham side beat us back 2012/13 season. He made an article saying we're finished. Still to this day Arsenal fans are still in his mentions about an article he wrote a year ago :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    5-3-2 when you have 3 CBs in the squad? Lol.

Apart from RVP, Mata, Rooney, De Gea and Rafael Uniteds squad is dire. And even then you can't play the first 3 at once without a massive imbalance. :lol:

And to Kruz, no I don't think they will. Herrera is decent, but nothing special, Shaw is one for the future but too raw right now. And apart from that they've not changed anything except their star players are a year older. LVG is a good manager but not the second coming of Jesus like some United fans think he is. He's very controversial and outspoken which could easily backfire just as much as it could work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah LVG's a weird one he tends to do well in his first season then the other season don't turn out so well. 2009-10 he did well finish the season with the double. Next season he was not very good and Bayern ended up finishing 3rd. So it'll be interesting to see how he'll be at Man Utd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yeah LVG's a weird one he tends to do well in his first season then the other season don't turn out so well. 2009-10 he did well finish the season with the double. Next season he was not very good and Bayern ended up finishing 3rd. So it'll be interesting to see how he'll be at Man Utd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    His first season at his second stint at Barca they were a few points above the relegation zone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You got a problem with my post brah?
    Just wanted someone to explain the diagram comparing the 2 strikers. However you want to dress it up Giroud really isn't good enough to lead the line for a title challenging club. You NEED a striker, it's really that simple. It's like when we bought Obertan the season after Ronaldo left. If Giroud is leading the line you finish 4th. Quote me if you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've read in multiple places now that we're closing in on a "triple swoop" of Bender, Sanchez & Debuchy. £60m

Imagine :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I've read in multiple places now that we're closing in on a "triple swoop" of Bender, Sanchez & Debuchy. £60m

How many of them would start for city though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

Meh, 60m is fair enough, decent players.
    I assume it's most of your budget though (don't you have about 100m?).
    So you better hope they hit the ground running if you got them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Meh, 60m is fair enough, decent players.
    I assume it's most of your budget though (don't you have about 100m?).
    So you better hope they hit the ground running if you got them.
    And still no striker. Lul.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alexis Sanchez is pretty much a done deal considering Juventus have withdrew any interest they initially had (they were never going to meet asking price/personal terms so not sure why they even bothered).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Alexis Sanchez is pretty much a done deal considering Juventus have withdrew any interest they initially had (they were never going to meet asking price/personal terms so not sure why they even bothered).
    Sauwce?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All the Italian media outlets reporting it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get your hopes up. The only sauces I've read about it so far is GOAL and Daily Mirror ( about this 32m fee agreed and the agents flying to london)

ReputationRep:
    I think Alexis will be such a good signing for Arsenal. The man is super. Let him be one of the "big dogs" in the te tam and he'll flourish. Genuinely think he can play up front for you lot as well.

ReputationRep:
    Has one seen that picture of Arteta working out in the gym on Twitter? He looks Hench.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Just wanted someone to explain the diagram comparing the 2 strikers. However you want to dress it up Giroud really isn't good enough to lead the line for a title challenging club. You NEED a striker, it's really that simple. It's like when we bought Obertan the season after Ronaldo left. If Giroud is leading the line you finish 4th. Quote me if you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't understand why people think I want Giroud to be Arsenal main striker next season just because I've defended his contribution. I want a new striker just as much as everyone else. I said should be used as rotation/alternative option at best and I've always maintained that.

I defend Giroud people he gets unjust abuse when he's had a good season for Arsenal. We all know Giroud isn't World Class, we all know could never replace RVP but he's dome alright considering the circumstances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I don't understand why people think I want Giroud to be Arsenal main striker next season just because I've defended his contribution. I want a new striker just as much as everyone else. I said should be used as rotation/alternative option at best and I've always maintained that.

I defend Giroud people he gets unjust abuse when he's had a good season for Arsenal. We all know Giroud isn't World Class, we all know could never replace RVP but he's dome alright considering the circumstances
    Wasn't attacking you personally, just seen some Arsenal fans who now Sanchez is all but done seem to think that an ST is not needed anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Wasn't attacking you personally, just seen some Arsenal fans who now Sanchez is all but done seem to think that an ST is not needed anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've yet to see anyone say that. Most see Alexis playing as a LW and taking over Santi's role. That's where the discuss has headed.

ReputationRep:
    Even SkySports have confirmed the Sanchez deal could be wrapped up in 24/48 Hours.

Brendan Rodgers is at home right now editing the 5-1 win so he can quickly send it to Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Even SkySports have confirmed the Sanchez deal could be wrapped up in 24/48 Hours.

Brendan Rodgers is at home right now editing the 5-1 win so he can quickly send it to Sanchez
    Honestly why you trolling Liverpool while remembering that you got spanked by them hard.

Liverpool will come above Arsenal next season anyway, possibly above Manchester City too.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.