Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 430)
    Same days here, except for Maths Good luck!
    Thanks you too, how do you think the MAT went?
    (Original post by GoldStarStickers)
    I can't help with the computer science side, but I'm at St Annes then as well! Was starting to worry that I hadn't seen anyone else on here who would be there
    Ive seen I think 3 TSR members that have said they will be there at that time, so there may be only a few of us there! Although I imagine there will be more. What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Can you still get in if you performed at the interview really badly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizzydag)
    Its quite nice, open ground. There aren't many people around tbh. JCR is decent, kinda awkward since nobody knows each other. The town centre is 2 minutes walk and it has a few nice shops, places to eat, get stuff for your room to chill. You are gonna have a lot of downtime so you should probably plan what you will do since interviews are like 30 mins max. There's a good bar around the corner next to 'yo sushi' so if you are into the football then you should head there. Breakfast is 8-10am, lunch 12-2pm, dinner 5-7pm. Food is really good. Rooms are good, you get your own room, ensuite. When are you gonna be here?
    Sunday 13th. I thought Worcester was a relatively large college so would have quite a few people there to be interviewed at any time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danniegee)
    Oh, OK - I hope it went well
    Not really sure but i enjoyed it

Have you had yours yet? If so how did they go?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posted on here in a while. Had my interviews for History and Politics at Trinity yesterday and waiting to see if another college is going to interview me.
    Anyone else at Trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Course you can. If you think you did badly it's usually because they pushed you, which is what they're meant to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my second Law interview today, was a lot harder than the first :/ Swings and roundabouts I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    Sunday 13th. I thought Worcester was a relatively large college so would have quite a few people there to be interviewed at any time
    Are you there on Sunday for medicine? Just asking because I'm at Worcester on Sunday too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    I thought that my text-analysing interview went pretty well, but the more general one went awfully. I said loads of stupid comments and the tutor looked at me really confused the whole time

How were yours?

I thought the text-analysis went okay too and the general one less well haha. Where did you interview at? If it's any conciliation I was answering a question and one of the tutors cut me off because (I assume) I was taking too long, and later in the interview I noticed she was staring into space behind me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pythian)
    Just had all my interviews at Harris Manchester Jurisprudence.

Had a wonderful time and really love the college,
    I interviewed at HMC too! It's got such a nice feel about it and I like the fact that the college principle interviews every candidate too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHI)
    Not really sure but i enjoyed it

Have you had yours yet? If so how did they go?
    To be honest, I genuinely think that enjoying it is the most important thing

Yeah, I had my first interview a year ago today, and my second one a year ago tomorrow. I think they must have gone well because I'm a St John's student now, but I didn't think this at the time

ReputationRep:
    How much do the tutors look at overall interview performance compared to individual? I feel like my first interview was very meh while my second interview went really well... (For history btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Yep - current Oxford student but don't think any of my friends, when we've chatted about our interviews, thought their interview went well and some people have some real horror stories! Yet we're all here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Are you there on Sunday for medicine? Just asking because I'm at Worcester on Sunday too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah maths, might see you there then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    Nah maths, might see you there then!
    You guys didnt have interview for Maths yet? Somehow, I did my Skype one on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    I have a horror story to share:

I looked at the board for interviews when I arrived and saw under the heading 'History and Politics' that I had an interview at 3pm.
    Got a call at 12:13 asking me if I was goong to my interview. I said yes and that it was at 3. JCR person said it was at 12:15. Turns out I hadn't noticee that I had another interview under the heading of 'History' at 12:15.
    I got there and the interviewers asked the JCR person if they'd found me. The interview itself was good I thought but am I screwed because of not being there at the right time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackedMath4)
    You guys didnt have interview for Maths yet? Somehow, I did my Skype one on Tuesday.
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    I have a horror story to share:

I looked at the board for interviews when I arrived and saw under the heading 'History and Politics' that I had an interview at 3pm.
    Got a call at 12:13 asking me if I was goong to my interview. I said yes and that it was at 3. JCR person said it was at 12:15. Turns out I hadn't noticee that I had another interview under the heading of 'History' at 12:15.
    I got there and the interviewers asked the JCR person if they'd found me. The interview itself was good I thought but am I screwed because of not being there at the right time?
    Don't worry about it - this kind of thing is fairly common. They won't hold it against you, because it doesn't tell them much relevant to whether you'd get on well as a student at Oxford. (All sorts of things can go wrong in interviews - people just freeze and literally say nothing all interview, or just burst into tears and say nothing. When that sort of thing happens, they just reschedule the interview and give these people another chance.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzfeed23)
    Anyone stayed at Univ? Is there WIFI there? All the best to everyone! I've got my first interview at Jesus, and the second at Univ!
    Hi! I'm currently staying at Univ and the wifi is a bit temperamental! Works fine on my phone but can't get it to work on my laptop so I think it's a bit hit and miss! What subject are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackedMath4)
    All skype interviews are earlier i think, all maths interviews are from 13th to 16th

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.