?
Report 3 years ago
we need a right back and a left back
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
giggs has left rightly so. I do not think he is fit to manage our team and is not good for the no2
I think the experience from madrid meant that he didnt want someone close to the board who the board can use to undermine him
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by banterboy)
WHy can't Untied just confirm it already? Everyone knows and if it wasn't true then they'd have denied it by now.
they want the rumours to build up to make everyone horny before making it official
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
Think with regard to Jose's antics at Real, it was a toxic mix. However you do have to consider he was still the 3rd longest reigning coach in Madrid's history. Similar could be said of Chelsea in the Roman era. Not clubs which you last long despite, displaying normal behaviour. You look at Ancelotti at Real and you then look at Jose' twisting of the Barca result in Jam's post, its entirely justified. Not a club which is willing to accept you can't always have your way, better to frame any failings as being cheated.

Maybe so but it's in his character. I guess he's been at clubs where the president is not very patient. At Real it's win a trophy or you're gone. That's essentially the issue.

Don't really see how that dispels the parallels. Our star player the previous season wasn't injured for half of Moyes season, and the other half of the duo largely ineffective? The issues of the ageing defence exposing a lack of tactical versatility and fragility of the set up. Both teams in their poor season had clear issues which apart from performances could have been identified the previous season as being highly problematic, but I don't think many commentators were looking to write that narrative at the time.
I guess so. I was more looking at the players, I would say that Chelsea had a better selection of players this season compared to United at the time, and regardless of Terry's age, the teams total dependence on Hazard(or the Fabregas+Costa duo) or Ivanovic's flailing performances, it is still better than midtable, I don't even think in the first 11 we have any midtable players, it's poor individual performances from players that leads to such a position.

It was nowhere near as foreseeable as maybe United's position.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bigmansouf)
Strong case for the need for a right-back. Valencia will go next season, I think, but I think Darmian will get back to his old ways under Mourinho. I think we'll only need a back-up left-back should Shaw stay fit next season, and I think he'll grow to be world-class under Mourinho.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I genuinely think we'll see 2 big signings in before the Euros start. Mourinho's had 6 months behind the scenes to line up transfer targets. Zlatan looks like he'll be one of them **** knows who the other one is.

A CB (one first team one back up), midfielder, striker and a right winger are absolute musts.
It rhymes with Stohn Jones.

On another note, I'd be more surprised if Mata lasted past January than anything that happened this season.
Jakir
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stones is an absolute liability would prefer a cb with proven experience - either Varane or Marquinhos. As well as this English players are overhyped and overpriced - wouldn't touch them with a bargepole
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only surefires to stay are DDG, Darmian, Smalling, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Rashford and Martial. We'll go for a CB (Stones) I'm happy with Shaw/CBJ but think Rojo will go. I hope Blind will stay on to replace Carrick who won't be renewed. Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Valencia, Lingard, Young and Januzaj I could all see as possibly going. Phil Jones too. I think he'll keep Memphis mind.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I doubt there's going to be some fire sale, or some huge influx of players. It's one Summer.

Some players will leave. A few will come in. One big name. Two if we're lucky.
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ibrahimovic scare me cuz when Ibrahimovic score he don't say nothing.
_Ddraig_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's official. He's Gone.

Statement from the club

Statement from LVG
Diego Costa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
I doubt there's going to be some fire sale, or some huge influx of players. It's one Summer.

Some players will leave. A few will come in. One big name. Two if we're lucky.
Mourinho changed literally half the team from 13/14 to 14/15. He's going to be given £100m at least to spend to make United Champions.

Ibra is a definite, so that's at least one big name. James Rodriguez will be likely heading to OT too. We all know which centre back Jose will want.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Diego Costa)
It rhymes with Stohn Jones.

On another note, I'd be more surprised if Mata lasted past January than anything that happened this season.
Yeah Mata is gone personally.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bigmansouf)
You need owners that treat others like human beings. The Glazers should have spoken to LVG ages ago.
Jakir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It has been an honour to manage such a magnificent club as Manchester United FC, and in doing so, I have fulfilled a long-held ambition.I am immensely proud to have helped United win the FA Cup for the 12th time in the club's history. I have been privileged during my management career to have won 20 trophies but winning the FA Cup, which is steeped in so much history, will always be one of the most special achievements of my career.I am very disappointed to be unable to complete our intended three-year plan. I believe that the foundations are firmly in place to enable the club to move forward and achieve even greater success.I hope that winning the FA Cup will give the club a platform to build upon next season to restore the success that this passionate set of fans desire.Having managed in Holland, Spain and Germany, I had always hoped for the opportunity to manage in English football and be part of English culture. Both of these experiences have lived up to expectations and been fantastic.I thank my players and wish them well for next season. It has been a pleasure to work with them and it has been particularly rewarding to see so many young players take their chance to break into the first team and excel. I look forward to watching the continued development of these young players next season.Thank you to the owners and board of Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to manage this great club.I would also like to express my gratitude to the amazing United supporters. They are truly the best fans in the world.I am indebted to my support and coaching staff, who have given me their all during their time at the club.I am deeply grateful to each and every member of the club’s staff - the sports science team, the medical team, the kit and laundry department, club administration, the press office, the manager's team, the Academy team, ground staff and the catering team, both at Old Trafford stadium and Carrington training ground, all of whom have given me their unwavering support in my time at United. Never in my 25 years as a manager have I been so well supported in my role.Finally, my special thanks go to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton for always making me and my family feel so welcome throughout my time as Manchester United manager.
Jakir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It is sad to see Louis go - he was such a personality
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 9910224)
Strong case for the need for a right-back. Valencia will go next season, I think, but I think Darmian will get back to his old ways under Mourinho. I think we'll only need a back-up left-back should Shaw stay fit next season, and I think he'll grow to be world-class under Mourinho.
AXEL TUANZEBE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akPgHzDXcCo

will NICK POWELL be given a chance to replace Carrick cuz he bought him for that reason.

I think we have players in the youth team that are great defenders that i want to fill that position

RB -Darmian or GUILLERMO VARELA (frst choice) but i put GUILLERMO VARELA ahead i think he needs a chance but then again FOSU MENSAH is avaliable
LB - Shaw( 1st choice), TYLER BLACKETT (2nd choice)

I hope James Wilson get a look in

but i think blind should go. Mensah can get up the holding position and buy someone new to represent carrick
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
You need owners that treat others like human beings. The Glazers should have spoken to LVG ages ago.
ermmmm you need to redirect that comment to the correct person u intended to talk to
im talking about rb and lb
Jakir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Powell's contract is up and CBJ is yet to get a new contract - it expires this summer
Diego Costa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jakir)
Powell's contract is up and CBJ is yet to get a new contract - it expires this summer
Powell wasn't even getting game time at Hull ahead of fatty Huddlestone, I see him staying in the Championship regardless of whether they go up.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads