Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    They're not worth a lot...a bit of a pointless exercise for me :p:

For anyone who is trying to decide which games to get, I probably wouldn't recommend Ratchet and Clank cos it's really short, like 6 hours short. Although its a lot of fun for those 6 hours! Not a great deal of replay value either tbh.

Dead nation is quite fun but I would probably say it's most fun with a mate doing co-op. They've added voice chat after 3/4 months of it being absent in the game and it's always fun mowing down zombies :p: The stats on that game are really cool, get to compete with countries around the world although the US is miles ahead.

Wipeout HD/Fury is awesome, the expansion pack adds so much content that I found it more fun than the game modes that were already there. It takes a bit of getting used to if you've never played Wipeout before but it's a whole load of fun!

Don't think I have to say much about LBP :p: It's insanely fun!

inFamous is a brilliant game, I don't usually play SP games but in this case I went all the way to the end and nearly finished it again being evil :p: I'd definitely pick it up especially if your thinking of getting the sequel.

Hope that helps
    I've already got LBP (and now LBP 2 as well!) and inFamous - and Dead Nation doesn't interest me - which pretty much makes my choice for me :p: I'm still impressed to see full retail games up there!

I'm quite impressed that I'm still managing to supplement my PSP library without actually paying for any games :awesome: Not that I use it all that much, though :o:

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, for anyone who's curious, SCEA's offering is much the same (swap out R&C for SSHD): http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...north-america/

SSHD was one I had my bets on, actually :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I've already got LBP (and now LBP 2 as well!) and inFamous and Dead Nation doesn't interest me - which pretty much makes my choice for me :p: I'm still impressed to see full retail games up there!

I'm quite impressed that I'm still managing to supplement my PSP library without actually paying for any games :awesome: Not that I use it all that much, though :o:
    inFamous doesn't interest you? *checks trophies* Ahhh you've platinumed it! :p:

I might play Ratchet and Clank again...been so long since I played it last. My sister completed it in one afternoon while I was asleep...

ReputationRep:
    Really wasn't expecting such great games to be given away Seeing as I've never been a multi-player guy, this PSN downtime didn't really mean much too me, so free games: sweet.

Definitely getting inFamous, been meaning to buy that for ages, and probably Ratchet and Clank but we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Full games?! :eek: Anyone know what the rough file size for them is?

I'm thinking Ratchet and Clank and either Wipeout HD or Dead Nation. Could be tempted by inFamous though. Anyone played them before?
    Like the others said, inFamous would definitely be a good choice. And as bigmo said Ratchet and Clank is a very short game. It basically bridges the stories of the other two games if you've played either of those. It's still a good game though.

(Original post by MHorman)
    Could anyone else online use my PSN account on their PS3 to download the games and then when i use my account on my ps3 later download them again

OR

Do i have to take my PS3 somewhere in real life and get it online?
    Assuming it's be the same as any other PS Store purchase then all they'll need to do is log in using your PSN ID and complete the purchase (or redeem the offer or whatever), then when you sign in on your PS3 you'll be able to download them from your downloads section of the store whenever you want.

ReputationRep:
    inFamous doesn't interest you? *checks trophies* Ahhh you've platinumed it! :p:

I might play Ratchet and Clank again...been so long since I played it last. My sister completed it in one afternoon while I was asleep...
    Perhaps I wasn't clear as I could have been :p: *makes minor edit*

inFamous *very much* interests me - inFamous 2 even more so! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    They're not worth a lot...a bit of a pointless exercise for me :p:

For anyone who is trying to decide which games to get, I probably wouldn't recommend Ratchet and Clank cos it's really short, like 6 hours short. Although its a lot of fun for those 6 hours! Not a great deal of replay value either tbh.

Dead nation is quite fun but I would probably say it's most fun with a mate doing co-op. They've added voice chat after 3/4 months of it being absent in the game and it's always fun mowing down zombies :p: The stats on that game are really cool, get to compete with countries around the world although the US is miles ahead.

Wipeout HD/Fury is awesome, the expansion pack adds so much content that I found it more fun than the game modes that were already there. It takes a bit of getting used to if you've never played Wipeout before but it's a whole load of fun!

Don't think I have to say much about LBP :p: It's insanely fun!

inFamous is a brilliant game, I don't usually play SP games but in this case I went all the way to the end and nearly finished it again being evil :p: I'd definitely pick it up especially if your thinking of getting the sequel.

Hope that helps
    Damn, you guys are too quick with posting this news

Thanks for your quick reviews! I don't own any of these games, bar LBP, so I'll be downloading Wipeout and inFamous! schweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Perhaps I wasn't clear as I could have been :p: *makes minor edit*

inFamous *very much* interests me - inFamous 2 even more so! :awesome:
    inFamous 2's release date is like 3 weeks away! :zomg: Need to find a cheap deal for it...Challenge Accepted! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Assuming it's be the same as any other PS Store purchase then all they'll need to do is log in using your PSN ID and complete the purchase (or redeem the offer or whatever), then when you sign in on your PS3 you'll be able to download them from your downloads section of the store whenever you want.
    Ok, thanks for that...

Have to reset my password for PSN as i tried my usual 3 passwords and none of them worked... :confused:

Once it's reset to something stupid i'll need a generous volunteer to spend 5 minutes to pick LBP and wipeout for me. I'll show my thanks using the systems put in place by this forum...

Not sure there's much they could do to my account other than maybe earning me some trophies as i have no debit card details on there...

ReputationRep:
    inFamous 2's release date is like 3 weeks away! :zomg: Need to find a cheap deal for it...Challenge Accepted! :awesome:
    Let me know when you find it!

ReputationRep:
    OMG..the 2 month break from cod has made me soo rusty

ReputationRep:
    Already have inFamous and LBP so i'll probably grab Dead Nation and Wipeout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Well that's what I meant lol how long until you start your internship/go to USA.
    Oh...Exams end 13th and I leave 21st

Wipeout and Ratchet and Clank for me

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so the network is back up and I can finally create my PSN account (I received my PS3 just after the network went down). I've gone through the process up to when it says an email has been sent so that I can verify it.. but there's nothing in my inbox or spam folder. Can anyone help me? Playstation is really not creating a good impression right now... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Already have LBP, so I'll be getting InFamous and probably Dead Nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Hey guys, so the network is back up and I can finally create my PSN account (I received my PS3 just after the network went down). I've gone through the process up to when it says an email has been sent so that I can verify it.. but there's nothing in my inbox or spam folder. Can anyone help me? Playstation is really not creating a good impression right now... :mad:
    Yes, the PSN is back up (though not the Store yet). The email could take a little while to come through, due to the volume of traffic that they're getting right now - be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I just tried signing up for a new account (anything to avoid revision ) and the verification email came through straight away. When did you last try sending it? Might be worth trying again if you can.

ReputationRep:
    I only have LBP from the list, so I'll get 2 of the others and my brother can get the other 2 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yamamotootsu)
    Black ops is super boring! Can't wait for Twisted Metal
    Zombies

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, what are all these e-mails your' talking about? I revieved one from Sony, but that before I changed my password. Yesterday I changed my password, but it didn't say anyhting about verifying via e-mail?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.