Is Scottish independence a 'good or bad' thing? Watch

Poll: Should Scotland be an independent country?
YES (299)
32.12%
NO (632)
67.88%
This discussion is closed.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
All that when you didn't even watch it!
So you prefer a snide comment about whether I watched the video to an intelligent and reasoned reply that comments on the sensible points I have made? :rolleyes:

I thought you were keen on a positive debate.
Boab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nah I gave up on that a while back. Little point bothering on this thread!
Midlander
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Nah I gave up on that a while back. Little point bothering on this thread!
OK then sod off somewhere else if you can't be bothered engaging in debate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Midlander)
OK then sod off somewhere else if you can't be bothered engaging in debate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Debate? You are having a laugh. Your bigoted viewpoints are not debate.

I will stick around and laugh at Better Together and its supporters though.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
. Your bigoted viewpoints are not debate.
Given that it was specifically me you are declining to engage with and respond to, perhaps you could tell me which of my viewpoints you consider to be bigoted and why?
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Given that it was specifically me you are declining to engage with and respond to, perhaps you could tell me which of my viewpoints you consider to be bigoted and why?
Given I was quoting and responding to Midlander, I struggle to understand how you have reached that conclusion.
Midlander
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Debate? You are having a laugh. Your bigoted viewpoints are not debate.

I will stick around and laugh at Better Together and its supporters though.
OK so admitting to being a troll then. You ignore all the inconvenient points made then make sarcastic one-liners.
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OK so admitting to being a troll then. You ignore all the inconvenient points made then make sarcastic one-liners.
I am just following the Unionist's example.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Given I was quoting and responding to Midlander, I struggle to understand how you have reached that conclusion.
You were, but Midlander was prompted to intervene by your refusal to respond in debate to the points I had made, and it was this he was referring to in the post you quoted. Your statement that you are not going to engage in debate with bigots, having only just refused to engage in debate with me (and when replying to a post that referenced that refusal), rather invites one to draw one's own conclusions, doesn't it?

Are you now saying that you don't consider me bigoted? In which case, why not engage intelligently?
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are you now saying that you don't consider me bigoted? In which case, why not engage intelligently?
I have had no reason to suspect you are.

Let us not forget you responded to me, by ignoring the video I posted and what I was discussing, by going off on another tangent, but I MUST debate your point?

This is a common theme on here.
How convenient!
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  jean1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  241.2 KB

This new 'grassroots' NO campaign has clearly identified how to get undecideds to vote NO :rolleyes:
Midlander
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
I am just following the Unionist's example.
On the contrary you have had answers to many of your posts. Comments about SNP lies, the SNP hoping that Scottish life expectancy stays low to save them money and so on and so on go unanswered and just now you dimiss Good bloke's questions.

Just yesterday when you misquoted another poster and were called out for it there was nothing.

Troll.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Let us not forget you responded to me, by ignoring the video I posted and what I was discussing,
I did neither. I made a specific comment about the start of the video, relating it to the Scotland independence debate, and went on to point out how Scotland is by no means free of people who agree with the video's overwhelmingly anti-immigration message.

Yet you refuse to engage with those entirely apposite and reasonable arguments.

And, of course, by your own admission, you are not discussing anything, just spamming the thread with largely irrelevant videos and refusing to discuss.
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
#PublishThePoll

Trending on Twitter. Why would a hugely expensive poll on Independence not be published?

Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:
MASTER265
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We need Scotland to gain independence as labour would lose around 60 seats pretty much producing a Tory government forever
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did neither. I made a specific comment about the start of the video, relating it to the Scotland independence debate, and went on to point out how Scotland is by no means free of people who agree with the video's overwhelmingly anti-immigration message.

Yet you refuse to engage with those entirely apposite and reasonable arguments.

And, of course, by your own admission, you are not discussing anything, just spamming the thread with largely irrelevant videos and refusing to discuss.
Oh yes, I should engage with yours, but you feel free to ignore mine!

Carry on!!
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
#PublishThePoll

Trending on Twitter. Why would a hugely expensive poll on Independence not be published?

Hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:
Probably for similar reasons to those applicable to the SNP's reluctance to publish its legal advice on various embarrassing issues.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Boab)
Oh yes, I should engage with yours, but you feel free to ignore mine!

Carry on!!
I didn't ignore you. You posted a video, I engaged with it, you refused to engage with my comments. It is you that is ignoring me.
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
On the contrary you have had answers to many of your posts. Comments about SNP lies, the SNP hoping that Scottish life expectancy stays low to save them money and so on and so on go unanswered and just now you dimiss Good bloke's questions.

Just yesterday when you misquoted another poster and were called out for it there was nothing.

Troll.
Oh, Midlander is getting upset and calling names. Poor boy!

SNP lies? Posted about a Labour whopper very recently - lots of comment on that one ain't there?

Nope, this thread is simply an attack on anything YES related on here by foaming Unionists. Debating with you lot, as I have found is a waste of time.
Boab
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably for similar reasons to those applicable to the SNP's reluctance to publish its legal advice on various embarrassing issues.
Similar reasons? For example it shows YES in the lead?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads