Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :console: You have my sympathy, I remember how horrendous the fluoxetine experience was.

If you post anon once in a thread, it keeps posting as anon unless you untick the box.
    Thanks this is awful, hopefully after the first week it won't be this bad. Ironically he told me this one wasn't so bad for side effects!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. :hugs: That's awful. What are your options do you think? Increase abilify?

I do enjoy it, it's the highlight of my week, just I dunno I can't even rationalize what I'm so scared of. It makes no sense for something which I enjoy so much to cause me such mental anguish.
    I guess. Not seeing a psychiatrist at the moment, and I don't know to what extent the GP will be willing to mess with my meds. Am maxed out on the clomipramine, and I dunno what else can be done really. I've been eating and sleeping properly, exercising and all that, so yeah... not much to be done on that front.

Hope you make it along tonight and enjoy yourself - do you think maybe it's because you enjoy hockey so much that your evil brain decides to sabotage things?

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear things are going ok for you. I know what you mean about spending all night on the internet, done that way too many times myself

I'm in a bit of a rut tbh, I hate that I have really bad social anxiety and that it stops me doing stuff I enjoy. Guess I should probably be used to it by now. :/
    Thanks! Well I'm still waiting for help for my mental health problems, been on it (waiting list) for months when I got told I'd be seen in just a few days.. Really annoying actually, asking for help seems a lot easier than actually getting it, I'm probably just really impatient though, haha! I don't know how that would feel having that :-( at least you can talk to people here, that's better than nothing, hope you feel better soon! Do you see anyone for any sort of help?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=superwolf;45060315]Tonight seems to be the night for telling people I think my depression's coming back. Not really sure what to do about it. Seeing some random GP on Friday though.

Welcome to the society.

Thankyou! Still trying to work this but sure I'll get there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I guess. Not seeing a psychiatrist at the moment, and I don't know to what extent the GP will be willing to mess with my meds. Am maxed out on the clomipramine, and I dunno what else can be done really. I've been eating and sleeping properly, exercising and all that, so yeah... not much to be done on that front.

Hope you make it along tonight and enjoy yourself - do you think maybe it's because you enjoy hockey so much that your evil brain decides to sabotage things?
    I can imagine them referring you then you having to wait months, let's hope that doesn't happen. Have you seen this GP before? I'm so sorry to hear how things are getting worse for you. Have you tried duloxetine? I keep seeing ads for that and it seems to make the people on tv happier Other than that, I'm not really sure what you can do you seem to be doing all the right things. How much exercise are you actually getting? You should see if you can get on a ketamine trial, I think you're exactly the kind of person they'd be looking for.

I don't think I can go tonight my latest excuse is the blister from my dr martens.

(Original post by Gee96)
    Thanks! Well I'm still waiting for help for my mental health problems, been on it (waiting list) for months when I got told I'd be seen in just a few days.. Really annoying actually, asking for help seems a lot easier than actually getting it, I'm probably just really impatient though, haha! I don't know how that would feel having that :-( at least you can talk to people here, that's better than nothing, hope you feel better soon! Do you see anyone for any sort of help?
    The waiting lists in Britain can be absolutely ridiculous. I waited 6 months to see someone when I started crashing again. I don't think you're being impatient, mental health problems can get a lot worse if left to fester so it seems reasonable that you want to see someone sooner rather than later.

Yeah I see a psychiatrist and psychologist. Doing CBT with the psychologist to try and address my social anxiety. You're right, it's great I can talk to people here, I don't know what I'd do otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Today has been so mixed. I dropped out of my course today, I just couldn't afford it, and my health was just stopping me doing any work. I feel like a failure, like I gave up. I wanted to help people so much and I don't know where to go now. I need to get a job.

On the way home I drove past a bridge. I someone and it looked like they were crying, so I stopped to see if he was okay. Literally as soon as I got there the police came behind me and the person started to run towards the highest point. I just sprinted and managed to grab them and hold them until the police caught up and handcuffed them. The police took him away after that. I just got back in my car and cried, it was like all the adrenaline just went away. I'm just at home now. I feel a bit shaken. I just need to calm down. I dunno if I did the right thing. I keep thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Today has been so mixed. I dropped out of my course today, I just couldn't afford it, and my health was just stopping me doing any work. I feel like a failure, like I gave up. I wanted to help people so much and I don't know where to go now. I need to get a job.

On the way home I drove past a bridge. I someone and it looked like they were crying, so I stopped to see if he was okay. Literally as soon as I got there the police came behind me and the person started to run towards the highest point. I just sprinted and managed to grab them and hold them until the police caught up and handcuffed them. The police took him away after that. I just got back in my car and cried, it was like all the adrenaline just went away. I'm just at home now. I feel a bit shaken. I just need to calm down. I dunno if I did the right thing. I keep thinking about it.
    It sounds like you did a really great thing, you may have saved someone's life. Hopefully the police will take him somewhere he can get help. It's understandable that you feel a little shaken when the burst of adrenalin wore off, maybe take it easy for a while, make a cup of tea and maybe try talking things over with someone?

I'm sorry to hear you dropped out of your course but you health should come first so try not to beat yourself up over it. You have to do what's best for you. When you're feeling better you can see whether it's still what you want to do. There's no age limit on completing the course.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

Saber has said it all. Have loads of hugs though: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    So i run out of meds on thursday and my mum posted some more down and sent them to the new address that we cant get keys too until the council has paid the money which could take up to 2 weeks, so i have to phone the letting agent but i cant ask my boyfriends mum to give me a lift to the new flat cos she gas no fuel in the car gahhhh dunno what to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My placement is going fine and it's like something is clicking. I'm fine talk to teachers and students and everyone Is being lovely. I'm struggling a little with nerves occasionally and the loud class I just observed was terrifying but it just made my notes and kept myself calm and survived.

I might actually be able to be a teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit better today, I've not been sick so far so that's a bonus! Going to attempt a shower and see if I feel well enough to walk to Sainsbury's after that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the letting agency has saved my life!
    there picking my "letter" up from my mum tomorrow which has my meds in, and i can pick it up from them on thursday!

still all ill and urgh atm, BUT iv registered at the Drs today, so if by friday im still not right, ill make an appointment to see whats wrong with me.

so wish the council would hurry up with the money for the letting agent so me and my boyfriend can get moved in and settled!

ReputationRep:
    Just tripped over coming up the stairs. Something like my third fall in the last month or two. Not sure if it is my meds, or if I have just become more clumsy ><

ReputationRep:
    Spoilered because it's a massive rant and I dont want people to have to look at it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just had the sudden realisation that I ****ing hate myself. I literally can not stand myself. I'm pathetic and disgusting. I cant cope with life and I have no right to stick around being a drain on resources and such a burden on my family and the few friends I have. I'm a ****ing **** daughter/sister/neice/friend/whatever and I always will be. I'm **** at everything I try. I cant cope with people because I'm to anxious all the time. I cant even make a phone call without breaking down in tears. ****ing ****. I'm unbelievabley **** at everything. I'm a pathetic excuse for a human being and that will never change. I spend most nights crying by myself in my room and then panicking on my friends because the voices are screaming at me and I'm too weak and pathetic to deal with them. I let them rule my life because I'm too afraid to do anything else. I've allowed them to convince me not to eat and I know I'm going to end up in trouble because of it but I'm too ****ing pathetic to do anything else. In every area of my life I've ****ed up big time I do volunteering for selfish reasons and the people I'm supposed to be helping would be ten times better off if I just left them alone. I'm a terrible terrible role model for the girls I volunteer with and everybody knows it. I've nearly fainted on them all so many times because it just all gets overwhelming and some of them accidently saw my scars. What the hell did I think I was doing rolling my sleeve up? I should have known better. I'm a terrible first aider- I cant even look after myself so how am I supposed to be able to look after anyone else? I'm terrible at school- I cant even manage the hour and a half they have me in for- that's been almost a month since I've been in. I'm such a drain on my family. I'm 17 and they still have to treat me like I'm so much younger. I'm just so pathetic. I'm supposed to be a big sister, but my poor brother has had to deal with me going into hysterics on him. And I've ruined Christmas for them all this year because it looks like I'm going to be in hospital over Christmas I dont know what to do anymore. I dont deserve to be here and I'm a pathetic excuse for a human being but I still insist on inflicting myself on everybody. Just kwrlooijwiorioeqkem. Dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine them referring you then you having to wait months, let's hope that doesn't happen. Have you seen this GP before? I'm so sorry to hear how things are getting worse for you. Have you tried duloxetine? I keep seeing ads for that and it seems to make the people on tv happier Other than that, I'm not really sure what you can do you seem to be doing all the right things. How much exercise are you actually getting? You should see if you can get on a ketamine trial, I think you're exactly the kind of person they'd be looking for.

I don't think I can go tonight my latest excuse is the blister from my dr martens.

The waiting lists in Britain can be absolutely ridiculous. I waited 6 months to see someone when I started crashing again. I don't think you're being impatient, mental health problems can get a lot worse if left to fester so it seems reasonable that you want to see someone sooner rather than later.

Yeah I see a psychiatrist and psychologist. Doing CBT with the psychologist to try and address my social anxiety. You're right, it's great I can talk to people here, I don't know what I'd do otherwise.

I know!! Hate waiting as well Phone won't work so replying on an internet cafe, lol!! Thats good then, and I know, I don't know what I'd do without speaking to people on forums like these, it's not a topic you can easily bring up in normal day to day conversations :confused:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    My placement is going fine and it's like something is clicking. I'm fine talk to teachers and students and everyone Is being lovely. I'm struggling a little with nerves occasionally and the loud class I just observed was terrifying but it just made my notes and kept myself calm and survived.

I might actually be able to be a teacher!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :awesome: :king1: :yay:

Well chuffed for you, hun - go you

(Original post by tasha96)
    Spoilered because it's a massive rant and I dont want people to have to look at it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just had the sudden realisation that I ****ing hate myself. I literally can not stand myself. I'm pathetic and disgusting. I cant cope with life and I have no right to stick around being a drain on resources and such a burden on my family and the few friends I have. I'm a ****ing **** daughter/sister/neice/friend/whatever and I always will be. I'm **** at everything I try. I cant cope with people because I'm to anxious all the time. I cant even make a phone call without breaking down in tears. ****ing ****. I'm unbelievabley **** at everything. I'm a pathetic excuse for a human being and that will never change. I spend most nights crying by myself in my room and then panicking on my friends because the voices are screaming at me and I'm too weak and pathetic to deal with them. I let them rule my life because I'm too afraid to do anything else. I've allowed them to convince me not to eat and I know I'm going to end up in trouble because of it but I'm too ****ing pathetic to do anything else. In every area of my life I've ****ed up big time I do volunteering for selfish reasons and the people I'm supposed to be helping would be ten times better off if I just left them alone. I'm a terrible terrible role model for the girls I volunteer with and everybody knows it. I've nearly fainted on them all so many times because it just all gets overwhelming and some of them accidently saw my scars. What the hell did I think I was doing rolling my sleeve up? I should have known better. I'm a terrible first aider- I cant even look after myself so how am I supposed to be able to look after anyone else? I'm terrible at school- I cant even manage the hour and a half they have me in for- that's been almost a month since I've been in. I'm such a drain on my family. I'm 17 and they still have to treat me like I'm so much younger. I'm just so pathetic. I'm supposed to be a big sister, but my poor brother has had to deal with me going into hysterics on him. And I've ruined Christmas for them all this year because it looks like I'm going to be in hospital over Christmas I dont know what to do anymore. I dont deserve to be here and I'm a pathetic excuse for a human being but I still insist on inflicting myself on everybody. Just kwrlooijwiorioeqkem. Dont know what to do.
    :nah:

All lies from Evil Brain. Coming onto Facebook now to find you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you did a really great thing, you may have saved someone's life. Hopefully the police will take him somewhere he can get help. It's understandable that you feel a little shaken when the burst of adrenalin wore off, maybe take it easy for a while, make a cup of tea and maybe try talking things over with someone?

I'm sorry to hear you dropped out of your course but you health should come first so try not to beat yourself up over it. You have to do what's best for you. When you're feeling better you can see whether it's still what you want to do. There's no age limit on completing the course.
    Yeah I slept on it and woke up this morning feeling a lot better over the incident. I think it was just the adrenaline burst but feeling much calmer over that now.

Thanks. Hopefully I can go back to it one day, I really did like it so hopefully I will get there one day. Thank you

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Saber has said it all. Have loads of hugs though: :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
    :hugs:

_______

Saw the Dr today, they are swapping my Quetiapine for Risperidone - any experiences with Risperidone?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I slept on it and woke up this morning feeling a lot better over the incident. I think it was just the adrenaline burst but feeling much calmer over that now.

Thanks. Hopefully I can go back to it one day, I really did like it so hopefully I will get there one day. Thank you

:hugs:

_______

Saw the Dr today, they are swapping my Quetiapine for Risperidone - any experiences with Risperidone?
    Glad to hear you're feeling better about it.

I switched from quetiapine to risperidone a 5 weeks or so ago. I've noticed the risperidone isn't anywhere near as sedating as quetiapine. To start with I was a bit knocked out but it's worn off pretty fast as in like 4 days. Now I'm back to a normal sleeping pattern. I've also lost 12lbs (though some of that is probably the metformin) which is pretty great. Haven't really had any side effects except pretty high prolactin, which I'm seeing an endocrinologist about. It's working really well for me. Hope it works for you too.

ReputationRep:

_______

:wavey:

It made me eat and sleep. (both of which were good side effects because I wasn't doing any of either of the two. ) Didn't help with the hallucinations any though. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I could see and can still hear The Blitz happening on the street outside my window.

Recently I've been coping okay with my hallucinations (and able to tell the difference,)

but am currently curled up under my bed hiding with my pet dog... I don't know who is hugging harder.

Just needed somewhere to tell this and my family are out, took me disappointingly long to me to write this

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.