Scroll to see replies

Reply 9740
Having no lesson in the morning is so beautiful!:ahee::awesome::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zahra_d
Free periods in the morning are so beautiful!:ahee::awesome::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't aware that you had to pay to menstruate?

Original post by Qari
Castle is that the story crime solving dude one?
I finished my homework in 1st week. Parents kept asking if I'd done it so......
And I'll let you get back to your work I'm going to sleep now.

So GOODNIGHT everyone :biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

YEP.
Good of you.
Are other people being made to pay for retakes this year? At the school where I did my GCSEs, the school paid for them, as did my college last year. This year however they want around £30 each :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danlocke
Are other people being made to pay for retakes this year? At the school where I did my GCSEs, the school paid for them, as did my college last year. This year however they want around £30 each :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The school pays for exams anyway, maybe they just can't afford to pay for retakes? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BarneyMersich
Haha nice one! When's the deadline? Is it about 6 days? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the deadline's the 15th... :s-smilie:
Original post by cah846
Yeah, the deadline's the 15th... :s-smilie:

If you have time, it might be worth showing your personal statement to some academic staff who deal with applications. I know you mentioned you're home schooled, but if you know anyone who's a physics teacher or even someone who applied for the same course as you, it would be really beneficial. I had about 4-5 versions of my statement if not more before I sent it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The school pays for exams anyway, maybe they just can't afford to pay for retakes? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose, I know last year loads of people did retakes but it still seems strange to me- my parents will give me some money towards them, but I'm looking at 3-4 retakes so it's not going to be cheap :/
I suppose, I know last year loads of people did retakes but it still seems strange to me- my parents will give me some money towards them, but I'm looking at 3-4 retakes so it's not going to be cheap :/

Hmm yeah I see what you mean. It could also be a deterrence, trying to get you motivated to do better first time round, but I doubt that.
Our school pays for your first retake, any more you have to pay for yourself, but now that all exams are in the summer it doesn't really affect us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm yeah I see what you mean. It could also be a deterrence, trying to get you motivated to do better first time round, but I doubt that.
Our school pays for your first retake, any more you have to pay for yourself, but now that all exams are in the summer it doesn't really affect us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my college did operate a similar policy if you wanted to retake an exam you had already retaken but it's still frustrating- no where near as frustrating as not being able to get these retakes out of the way now though :bricks:
Original post by zahra_d
periods in the morning are so beautiful!:ahee::awesome::smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always thought that it would be quite uncomfortable :K: But what do I know - I'm not a girl! :redface:

Or do you mean from a purely aesthetic point of view? Is it the colour, maybe?
Reply 9750
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
I always thought that it would be quite uncomfortable :K: But what do I know - I'm not a girl! :redface:

Or do you mean from a purely aesthetic point of view? Is it the colour, maybe?

Haha, can't believe she didn't expect someone to take it out of.context.
:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9751

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ;(
But in my old school they paid for the retakes in hope that they might actually meet the national average 5 A-C GCSE's, which they never have
We have to pay £25 per resit in my sixth form college
More motivation to get it right first time :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlossomS
I haven't posted on here at all but it seems the time has come for me to do just that! Hi all :hi: Year 13; maths, chemistry and physics student here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there! :biggrin:

We do the exact same subjects! What exam boards are you on?
Original post by furryface12
I know the feeling :frown: And the idea of going back to school is killing me... Hope you feel better soon though!

I finally got to sleep around four :frown: im hoping the exhaustion overrides the illness tonight to go to sleep cos I can sleep in till like 9 tomorrow! I got the afternoon off though cos my teachers ill and I've come home and gotten straight on with revision with two topics completely done! Feeling so motivated right now, which is good, and so my mocks may not be a complete shambles after all! Hooray! My mood will have completely changed soon though haha. Hope you're feeling better :smile:
1 mock down, 2 to go :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it?

I've two tomorrow :hide:
Reply 9756
Huhurhur
I only have 2 mock exams in one day in Feb, my best subjects, and I get a whoooole week off to 'study.'
Mwahhahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How was it?

I've two tomorrow :hide:

It was a bit awful :lol: won't have done well, it was poorly written. I just remember writing something along the lines of: "Men in The Bloody Chamber desire women solely for sexual pleasure, the blood from taking their virginity representing the blood that seeps from the victims veins once he has brutally murdered her." Seriously, what is wrong with me? :teehee:

Best of luck, you'll do amazing :biggrin: what ones do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ethery
Hi there! :biggrin:

We do the exact same subjects! What exam boards are you on?

Hey! :biggrin: OCR A for the sciences but Edexcel for Maths - what about you? And what have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 9759
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had mocks too? How were they? :smile:

Latest