Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Even SkySports have confirmed the Sanchez deal could be wrapped up in 24/48 Hours.

Brendan Rodgers is at home right now editing the 5-1 win so he can quickly send it to Sanchez
    we've got a lot of catching up to do to liverpool tbh the 5-1 says it all. theyve strengthened more than we could of ever imagined they would this window and i dont see sanchez and debuchy bridging the gap. mainly because i'm predicting sanchez to completely flop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Honestly why you trolling Liverpool while remembering that you got spanked by them hard.

Liverpool will come above Arsenal next season anyway, possibly above Manchester City too.
    It's because loads of Liverpool fans on Twitter were saying they should send a video of 5-1 to Sanchez to convince him to join them :lol:. I've bookmarked your comment gg, so next year May we'll be reviewing this .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I've yet to see anyone say that. Most see Alexis playing as a LW and taking over Santi's role. That's where the discuss has headed.
    It's been said a few times? People seem to think that Signing Alexis is enough, it isn't. Why is there no developments wrt a CF? It's even pissing me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    It's because loads of Liverpool fans on Twitter were saying they should send a video of 5-1 to Sanchez to convince him to join them :lol:. I've bookmarked your comment gg, so next year May we'll be reviewing this .

There'll be some sort of a comment about a subtle bait I wouldn't bother lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    How many of them would start for city though
    Please don't quote me with negativity. If you want to quote me, do so with logical comments & not pessemistic and worthless replies.

I know you'll probably say that it's logical and if you think it is then fair enough. It's just that, I've seen much more logical replies from you and ^^^ isn't one unfortuantely.

I'm saying so in a friendly manner- not trouble making

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Don't get your hopes up. The only sauces I've read about it so far is GOAL and Daily Mirror ( about this 32m fee agreed and the agents flying to london)
    How's this for a "sauce"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...athieu-debuchy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    It's been said a few times? People seem to think that Signing Alexis is enough, it isn't. Why is there no developments wrt a CF? It's even pissing me off.
    Quote where people have said Alexis makes for a good summer.

At the beginning of summer, we were asking for at least 4 new names. Nothing's changed. If people are excited about Alexis signing, they are but it doesn't mean they think that's it.

This should be obvious.

And with developments, it's Wenger he works slower than a snail. People are probably not banging on about strikers because there isn't a stand out name out there except for Mandz. Remy keeps been brought up but he's not an upgrade on Giroud so no reason to get excited there.

ReputationRep:
    Are people hugely against Verm leaving? Might have been interesting to see him tried as a CDM like people suggested a while back tbh.

ReputationRep:
    So happy Wenger is making moves early. Took his damn time, but fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alittlehelp)
    Are people hugely against Verm leaving? Might have been interesting to see him tried as a CDM like people suggested a while back tbh.
    I for one don't want him to leave. I love they guy, and if it wernt for his lack of confidence, he would be a defo starter.

An absolute gem of a rotation CB of we can keep him, & apparently we're in talks to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    So happy Wenger is making moves early. Took his damn time, but fair enough.
    I'm bursting to express the same happiness. TTTRRRUUSST ME!

But let's just wait until we see the two signings in that puma shirt

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez looks wrapped up. Gotta love how the last two windows have panned out with Spurs and Pool losing their best players and us reaping the benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Quote where people have said Alexis makes for a good summer.

At the beginning of summer, we were asking for at least 4 new names. Nothing's changed. If people are excited about Alexis signing, they are but it doesn't mean they think that's it.

This should be obvious.

And with developments, it's Wenger he works slower than a snail. People are probably not banging on about strikers because there isn't a stand out name out there except for Mandz. Remy keeps been brought up but he's not an upgrade on Giroud so no reason to get excited there.
    (Original post by Zürich)

Would like a striker but which striker? You cant buy what isnt for sale. Either J.Campbell becomes our back up or we'll sign someone fairly average as backup. If Giroud/Walcott/Sanchez/Ramsey score 15 each with Podolski/Cazorla also chipping in then we'll get away without having a top striker perhaps.
    (Original post by SHOO)

I think if we do get Sanchez and either Schniederlin or Khadira actually, we'll have such a good midfield - and will be able to cope

Szcz
    Debuchy Mert Kosc Gibbs
    Schiederlin/Khadira Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

Cazorla can easily play where Ozil would, and could fit in on the left which would allow Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla to be rotated (to avoid or cover for injuries) Then we got Wilshere who could come in, we got Tommy, we got Ox, Gnabry, Arteta, Flamini,

In defence we would have Verm (should he stay), Jenko & Monreal

In terms of attack, we'd have poldi (though he would probably be used on the wing) Campbell, and hopefully a new ST. Or if needed, we could play Sanchez up top and have:

Walcott Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

Or:

Ozil Cazorla Poldi
    Giroud/Walcott

We would have so much versatility it would be unreal

That's a winning team, given that we have a strong core already
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I doubt we'll be seeing Campbell in an Arsenal shirt this season - he'll more than likely be sent out on loan again.

Quite happy about the Debuchy talk - solid RB, and £10m~ is a fair price.

If we can wrap up Sanchez, bring in a DM (Khedira's been mentioned a fair bit), a GK and CB if TV5 leaves, we'll have done some excellent work.

Szcz
    Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
    Ramsey DM
    Walcott Ozil OX
    Sanchez
    Pls respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Sanchez looks wrapped up. Gotta love how the last two windows have panned out with Spurs and Pool losing their best players and us reaping the benefits.
    The Liverpool fans must be devastated. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Pls respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty obvious that people are just speculating here. If you asked those posters would you like us to sign a better striker than Giroud they would all say yes. Their posts just reflect the reality that there aren't many top drawer strikers available and that we still have a limited budget despite all the financial progress of the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I for one don't want him to leave. I love they guy, and if it wernt for his lack of confidence, he would be a defo starter.

An absolute gem of a rotation CB of we can keep him, & apparently we're in talks to do so
    I agree, I don't really want him to leave either. Just unsure he'd be happy being 3rd choice, especially cos he needs to be starting to be guaranteed a spot in the Belgium team

ReputationRep:
    So it looks like we won't be paying much more for Sanchez than Liverpool paid for that overrated little hipster Lallana. This signing is awesome in so many ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Pls respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did first sentence of Zurich reply say?

Shoo says in his post and I quote "In terms of attack.......hopefully a new ST". This is the guy that won't stop banging on about Jackson Martinez btw.

Only Stalin seems to suggest that Sanchez might be enough but it's clear that it's speculating ways of fitting Sanchez into the team as it is at the moment. Pretty sure he'd take mandzukic if he became available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez through on goal after some quick one touch passing between Ozil and Ramsey. I can see it now.

Name:  randy_4b32ea_1152423.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  48.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    So it looks like we won't be paying much more for Sanchez than Liverpool paid for that overrated little hipster Lallana. This signing is awesome in so many ways.
    This picture is so fitting.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.