Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Rumours going on that Moreno may start at LB with Milner moving into midfield to cover for injuries, please let this be untrue....
    Damn.. surely Sturridge and Can come in with Coutinho dropping into the midfield?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Rumours going on that Moreno may start at LB with Milner moving into midfield to cover for injuries, please let this be untrue....
    Penalty for United incoming...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Damn.. surely Sturridge and Can come in with Coutinho dropping into the midfield?
    I would honestly rather us bring in somebody untested like Stewart or Grujic than have Moreno at LB...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I would honestly rather us bring in somebody untested like Stewart or Grujic than have Moreno at LB...
    Always Lucas to step into the midfield too if needed.

I like some attributes of Moreno but bringing him into a high profile game isn't the one to do it in..

ReputationRep:
    Always Lucas to step into the midfield too if needed.

I like some attributes of Moreno but bringing him into a high profile game isn't the one to do it in..
    He's just a liability and United would exploit it. He's good getting forward but he's way too eager - against a mid-tabled team who will park the bus, it's not too bad but against a high-quality side like United, he'd be caught out too many times.

Lucas, Grujic and Stewart are all solid options to bring in to the midfield. It would allow Henderson to compensate for Lallana's absence by surging forward, leaving Can and (presumably) Lucas as more defensive protectors.

It wouldn't be worth having Coutinho drop down - I don't think we should touch our front 4 at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    He's just a liability and United would exploit it. He's good getting forward but he's way too eager - against a mid-tabled team who will park the bus, it's not too bad but against a high-quality side like United, he'd be caught out too many times.

Lucas, Grujic and Stewart are all solid options to bring in to the midfield. It would allow Henderson to compensate for Lallana's absence by surging forward, leaving Can and (presumably) Lucas as more defensive protectors.

It wouldn't be worth having Coutinho drop down - I don't think we should touch our front 4 at all.
    You don't rate Sturridge?

ReputationRep:
    You don't rate Sturridge?
    I meant Sturridge being part of a front 4 in a 4-2-3-1, although I'm not sure Klopp would want to change formation considering our success with 4-3-3...

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Sturridge has played in a 4-2-3-1 before under Rodgers during the start of the Suarez ban.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    I'm pretty sure Sturridge has played in a 4-2-3-1 before under Rodgers during the start of the Suarez ban.
    In terms of pressing we're always gonna be slightly less effective with Sturridge, but I don't think we can afford to drop Coutinho down to midfield if we play 4-3-3. Therefore I can only see a 4-2-3-1 being the best option.

ReputationRep:
    No Martial.

Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    No Martial.

Congratulations.
    I'd feel more comfortable if it were no Mata...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    No Martial.

Congratulations.
    More worried about Mata and any player who is tall..

ReputationRep:
    I feel like we'll either thrash them or lose 1-0. No inbetween...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Henderson, Mané, Sturridge

Subs:
    Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Grujic, Lallana, Origi

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for a 2-0 win. Let's beat the mancs!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karius starts as expected, Sturridge too no Wijnaldum, Lallana on the bench.

Mata on the bench for Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Milner, Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Henderson, Mané, Sturridge

Subs:
    Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Lucas, Grujic, Lallana, Origi
    As expected.

Nice to be able to bring the likes of Lallana on!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I could take it if United got another undeserved win at Anfield...

ReputationRep:
    United playing this game flawlessly.

We haven't gotten anywhere near their box...

ReputationRep:
    Can looks like his really struggling with his positioning. He wants to play where Henderson is playing and is just standing on his toes, rather than opening the pitch up.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.