The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Baffled CBJ's contract is out of contract, that was a certainty with his performances on the pitch and on the team coach at West Ham..

End of Van Gaal. His statement was gracious and it's a shame his brashness and confidence in 2014 faltered quite quickly day-to-day managing Manchester United. Reading the reports from behind the scenes last night, it seems his strict approach was never going to mellow or adapt and had he stayed, likelihood few players including the best one we have (De Gea) would have walked. It's sad the way his comments sounded more like Moyes towards the end. Hope he has a good retirement and for all the stick United got for not confirming, it was so LVG was allowed time to leave the country for Portugal.

Mourinho should be announced Tuesday/Wednesday - Giggs probably likely to leave (unless the club guaranteed him the job after Jose?) but rumours Gary Neville might make up his backroom team. It's going to be one hell of a ride with Mourinho but you read all the negative stories on him, rightly so for some of his behaviour, yet I really don't think he'll walk into Old Trafford without any self-recognition that he may need to do things differently. He's wanted this job for a long time and just feel it might be different. He'll have full controls of transfers, something which he probably hasn't since he was at Porto/Inter, no real intervention from the owners, a pliable vice-chairman and a chance - sadly - for his agent to get his feet under the table at Old Trafford. If he messes this up and leaves before the end of his contract, he can forget any top level job and probably will have to do with going to a league which in the past, he's described as uncompetitive or more accurately, where the kitman can win.

Ibrahimovic deal edging closer - a character with a winning mentality much needed in the dressing room.
JayReg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't think Ibra and Rooney can both play, no pace
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JayReg)
Don't think Ibra and Rooney can both play, no pace
Rooney is probably not going to play upfront any more.
JayReg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
Rooney is probably not going to play upfront any more.
I don't see Mou putting him midfield either, only behind Ibra. Which speaks to my point of no pace.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't see Mou putting him midfield either, only behind Ibra. Which speaks to my point of no pace.
He's gonna play in the Lampard role, spearheading a midfield three of Schneiderlin, Basti and Wazza. Quite obvious really.
JayReg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
He's gonna play in the Lampard role, spearheading a midfield three of Schneiderlin, Basti and Wazza. Quite obvious really.
Think we would be easily outfought in the middle but that my 2 cents, especially with no real threat in behind so they can press.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think we would be easily outfought in the middle but that my 2 cents, especially with no real threat in behind so they can press.
Martial and whoever's playing RW will be our outlets
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
No way that will be the midfield 3. 100% it will not.

Mou will try and win the League next season. He's going to buy whoever he needs to win it and he'll have enough money to do so.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Isn't Rashford out of contract over summer as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah he has another year
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
he has a year left
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ffs
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
No way that will be the midfield 3. 100% it will not.

Mou will try and win the League next season. He's going to buy whoever he needs to win it and he'll have enough money to do so.
He can't do it all in one Summer, he knows that.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He can't do it all in one Summer, he knows that.
Inb4 relegation zone at Xmas
Kim-Jong-Illest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can someone explain to me why the media is blowing up the fact that van gaal sent emails to his players lol, i dont get whats so shocking about it and its certainly no cause for players to whine surely?
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
can someone explain to me why the media is blowing up the fact that van gaal sent emails to his players lol, i dont get whats so shocking about it and its certainly no cause for players to whine surely?
He was tracking whether they opened them and for how long
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know all these may not be possible to get in one season (and i'm dreaming) but I wish Mourinho brings in James Rodriguez, Varane, Reus/Bale & Zlatan.

Defence: CBJ, Varane, Smalling, Shaw

Midfield: James, Basti and Schnderlin in midfield :coma:

Wing: Martial and someone fast and creative like Bale/Reus (Can rotate combinations with Memphis too)

Striker: Zlatan

That team though omg!
Kim-Jong-Illest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
He was tracking whether they opened them and for how long
yeah, cos they were just deleting them in the first place lol. its not even that out of the world to add read receipts to emails anyway, LVG being shot down pretty harshly for that imo.
The_Stig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What'll happen to poor Mata :/
Diego Costa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think Man Utd will line up next season like:

De Gea
Fosu-Mensah Stones Smalling Shaw
Schneiderlin Herrera
Memphis James Martial
Ibrahimovic

Apparently Jose wants Matic. No idea why
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads