Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Do we need a medics matchmaking meetup? I own a hat. Although I feel I should state the case for out-breeding.

That describes how I felt for most of final year pre-finals. If I went back & spoke to myself I'd say go for happy medium & reassure that all rubbish times do pass... so do the leats restrictive things to keep options open.
    Haha not a bad idea :bl: need to sort out the guy to girl ratio though!

I love final year! It's quality...get treated reasonably normally by the doctors, half a year long and full of travelling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Haha not a bad idea :bl: need to sort out the guy to girl ratio though!

I love final year! It's quality...get treated reasonably normally by the doctors, half a year long and full of travelling!
    Are TSR medics more male than you would expect? Feels like that... Helenia, Random & I can handout the feedback cards.

Of course, final year after finals, especially at an awesome medical school that has them in January was excellent! Although I fear my elective has totally skewed my ideas of what a proper holiday is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Are TSR medics more male than you would expect? Feels like that... Helenia, Random & I can handout the feedback cards.
    Sheeit feedback cards being recorded?! :eek: Better sort out my act then

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do a GP Placement in first year?
    Im quite surprised about the amount of clinical things they let us do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Err, has it stopped?
    lol - Yeah. I think I just overexerted myself at the gym, was a little rough from the night before, vommed, made a tear, vommed again but w/ blood.

feelsgoodman.jpeg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    I sort of did one in first year. Every other Thursday and now this year I do every other Tuesday for a 9-12 session in the morning.

Last year it was a complete and utter waste of time. This year it's alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    lol - Yeah. I think I just overexerted myself at the gym, was a little rough from the night before, vommed, made a tear, vommed again but w/ blood.

feelsgoodman.jpeg
    What the **** is your signature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    What the **** is your signature?
    crossfit retards doing kipping 'pull-ups'.

ReputationRep:
    crossfit retards doing kipping 'pull-ups'.
    Looks like an excellent way to injure yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Looks like an excellent way to injure yourself.
    Crossfit generally looks like that, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    X]
    ...What?

Well, at least it gives more scope for private physios I suppose.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have done 6 this year and have 2 more coming up.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I spend a day in primary care once a week pretty much every week, apart from when I'm on secondary care, and have done so since year 1.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. Just woken up from an unintentional nap.

Got a big ol' pizza in the oven that I can't wait to ****ing destroy. dat dere bulk.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like lots of med schools are getting more patient contact in first year than us, we've had 2 half-day GP visits so far and 1 full day and 1 half day hospital visit. Do have another afternoon in hospital this week though

ReputationRep:
    Spent the weekend virtually being drunk from 7pm onwards on most nights, and then just completely doing jack **** in the day time. Decided to try and so some eye anatomy this evening, but I decided that call the midwife might be more educational...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I just think the reality of how much ****e im in just hit home. Keep having periods of feeling okay then really motivated to do work, then next minute i just feel like theres no point. Deep breath!
    Sounds pretty tough, poor you. Is this about finals? Or something else? If finals, it's not uncommon (though horrid) - think most of my friends felt that way at some point (I know I did) and they all passed so feeling like that doesn't mean you're not going to do well.

Can you rant to others in your year and have a de-stressing night out/in? Or talk to F1/2s who went to your med school? I found this really helped me get perspective and funny/reassuring OSCE tales of being utterly useless but still passing. How are your medical school being at the moment? If the FtP stuff is still on going, make sure you have some moral support from the BMA and your student academic rep/sim.

Basically, I don't have much advice but am thinking of you.

:hugs: again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    ... am I spending way too much of my life in parent-child TA mode?!
    I love TA (very interesting trying to apply it to consultations on elective)! Given the below, maybe you're just putting in some practice ...
    (Original post by Elles)
    Think I need to keep mine at 3 years worth of scheme because hopefully there will be some personal interruptions & don't want to break the 7 year rule.
    /broodiness

(recent life lesson: oestrogen-fuelled gushing of 'OhlookwhatacutebabyIwantone!' to male friend can get badly misinterpreted)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    I just think the reality of how much ****e im in just hit home. Keep having periods of feeling okay then really motivated to do work, then next minute i just feel like theres no point. Deep breath!
    You'll be fine...everyone is with finals Well, the vast majority are. Think about it...the MRCP and other entrance exams have a pass rate of about 30%, whereas approximately 98% of people pass finals! It's stressful I know, but just keep on seeing patients and doing some light reading. I personally think it's too late now to write notes, so don't try furiously scribbling down every piece of information about galactosaemia or whichever bizarre disorder you think you don't know enough about. Review the basics and you'll be laughing

ReputationRep:
    General opinions on outfirms vs infirms @ London?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.