Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    got some tasty gifs lined up

ReputationRep:
    we need a CB anyway in reality even if Verm stays but hopefully we can grab something in January. Doesn't need to be first team quality either, just young and promise will do if TV stays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    This picture is so fitting.

Love it. To think people were begrudging him a few weeks on the beach surrounded by bikini clad Brazilian girls.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe it's on Sky Sports News. It's happening guys.... Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Love it. To think people were begrudging him a few weeks on the beach surrounded by bikini clad Brazilian girls.
    Where's Peggles? I know a few weeks ago she wasn't happy.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Can't believe it's on Sky Sports News. It's happening guys.... Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy :cool:
    I told you Wenger would come through :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    we need a CB anyway in reality even if Verm stays but hopefully we can grab something in January. Doesn't need to be first team quality either, just young and promise will do if TV stays.
    Name me a player who has the quality to play for Arsenal but would happy being 4th CB.

There point using a young player if he isn't good enough when called upon to play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Where's Peggles? I know a few weeks ago she wasn't happy.

Some people thoroughly embarrassed the Arsenal fan base in the aftermath of Fabregas to Chelsea.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    lol what? I never doubted him. What you on about. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    lol what? I never doubted him. What you on about. :innocent:
    Don't even dodge it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    What did first sentence of Zurich reply say?

Shoo says in his post and I quote "In terms of attack.......hopefully a new ST". This is the guy that won't stop banging on about Jackson Martinez btw.

Only Stalin seems to suggest that Sanchez might be enough but it's clear that it's speculating ways of fitting Sanchez into the team as it is at the moment. Pretty sure he'd take mandzukic if he became available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree that they do mention they would like a new ST. They then proceeded to imply that they would be okay without one if needs be must. Also it clearly not speculating how to fit in new signings considering Khedira/Schneiderlin are being thrown in there for good measure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ozil last year, Sanchez this year, Trophy drought ended, Commercial deal successes & Players in before a ball is kicked.

ReputationRep:
    Still ain't got a DM. Essentially did a like for like at RB and you're playing a forward out of position, although better than who you currently have on LW.

It's probably a sideways window as of now, If you can get a CM and a striker, then I'd be a bit scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Still ain't got a DM. Essentially did a like for like at RB and you're playing a forward out of position, although better than who you currently have on LW.

It's probably a sideways window as of now, If you can get a CM and a striker, then I'd be a bit scared.
    Na didn't you know? Sanchez is gonna play DM, LW and ST all at the same time :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Still ain't got a DM.
    Apparently we're in for Lars bender too but that's not my business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Name me a player who has the quality to play for Arsenal but would happy being 4th CB.

There point using a young player if he isn't good enough when called upon to play
    That's why you get a versatile player as your 4th CB, as of now you don't have one because you didn't give Sagna a contract.
    Like the past 2 years you've been linked with him, if Leverkusen didn't sell then, why would they now? His contract is until 2019 so it's not like he's going to run it down and force the issue either.

If you don't pay up his valuation, which I think you won't personally then you're probably going to struggle.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Indeed, going into a season with 3 CB's is very risky, i'm surprised Arsenal got away with it last season. We had 5 last season and still ended up playing Michael Carrick there as they were all injured. Is there nobody from the youth team that can be promoted?

ReputationRep:
    LP! You missed the meme

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1404843117.260293.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  24.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's why you get a versatile player as your 4th CB, as of now you don't have one.
    Only Gustavo comes to mind. He does a job at CDM and can act as a 4th CB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

not sure in all honesty but our CB depth isnt great and a long term injury to one of them pretty much screws us. But I'm sure it won't be that hard to find a player really, especially if he's very promising and we buy in January we can just let Verm run down his contract and make him 3rd choice.

Even if its a youth player in all honesty they will rarely get the chance to play and wont be called upon for big games hopefully, just to prevent the likes of Kosc/Mert playing 2/3 times a week by doing a job in the League/FA cup early rounds. We had Verm and Sagna as back up CB and Sagna is now gone, while in the youth set-up we have Isaac Hayden coming through but thats about it. Utd had like 6 CBs last season.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    LP! You missed the meme

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1404843117.260293.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  24.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: (Pm's)

Like the past 2 years you've been linked with him, if Leverkusen didn't sell then, why would they now? His contract is until 2019 so it's not like he's going to run it down and force the issue either.

If you don't pay up his valuation, which I think you won't personally then you're probably going to struggle.
    Ok ok ok. I get it, its just the annual rumours anyway, then there's that whole Khedira business too which probs won't happen.
    What's bender's valuation?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.