Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
twizzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)
im just crying a lot thiinking about how i got to this state in my life and how theres no way out
What's wrong? what's happened in your life? xx
wallflower*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm seeing a psychologist for the first time tomorrow, i've been waiting so long for this appointment but now it's here I feel really sick and panicky I don't want to go anymore, I feel like there's nothing wrong with me and i'm just being a drama queen and I don't need to go, but I know that's not true.
I don't know what the psychaiatrist who referred me to her has told her so I feel paranoid about what she thinks about me, which is stupid because I know they've heard it all before but i'm worried that I will come across the wrong way. I was having a good day untill I remembered the appointment is tomorrow but now I don't want to go and i'm scared it will be horrible.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wallflower*)
I'm seeing a psychologist for the first time tomorrow, i've been waiting so long for this appointment but now it's here I feel really sick and panicky I don't want to go anymore, I feel like there's nothing wrong with me and i'm just being a drama queen and I don't need to go, but I know that's not true.
I don't know what the psychaiatrist who referred me to her has told her so I feel paranoid about what she thinks about me, which is stupid because I know they've heard it all before but i'm worried that I will come across the wrong way. I was having a good day untill I remembered the appointment is tomorrow but now I don't want to go and i'm scared it will be horrible.
Feeling like you're being a drama queen is pretty common but if your psychiatrist felt you worthy for a referral, and this is the NHS remember, then more than likely it's because s/he thinks it will help you and that there is something wrong. :hugs: good luck.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by twizzle)
I'm not in any societies at the minute, but plan to join some when i go back to uni, because i was working evenings last year so never had any time for them. I was thinking of maybe doing a martial art, but i'm worried i won't be very good at it and i'll end up quiting. Just a bit nervous about doing something by myself.

I've not seen a doctor because gradually those feelings have lessened but i still get some days where i just want to not be awake and have to deal with it, but lately ever since i moved home for summer, i've just been having nightmares. my friends don't understand what i'm going through, they just think i'm being argumentitive and boring, so they've started talking to me less. i feel like i'm growing apart from my best friend and who is also my housemate because she doesn't understand. She tried at first to help me and she did help so much, but then she stopped texting me supportive texts and stopped spending time where it's just me and her, because there's always some boy (a different one each month) she's chatting to or chasing or doing something with her coursemates, like not even including me to lunch at the union when all our friends went cos she told me she was doing work, even though people not from her course were invited. I'm just tired of thinking sometimes. I wish there was a way to get rid of the negative thoughts.
Societies are good, definitely give them a go. Don't worry about being on your own I find that makes it easier to speak to people because you've not got anyone else to talk to other wise so you kind of have to. Also martial arts are pretty cool but don't worry about quitting, if you join a load then for the first few weeks try them out you can quit the ones you enjoy less. It's only like £4 at my uni to join, dunno if yours is similar, so you're not really losing much.

Perhaps it's worth seeing a doctor? Even if the feelings are less they're still there so a doctor might be able to do something to help, especially now you're getting nightmares as well.
Cyth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wallflower*)
I felt like this at first.. I actually missed 3 appointments before i turned up. I used to sit awake all night dreading going, and then my mum would give me a lift, and when she'd gone, i'd just walk and sit in the park for an hour. Untill i decided to go after my mum shouted at me after finding out i'd never gone. I used to tell her that my problems gone, and convince myself it wasn't serious too..

Now i look back on it, it seemed like i'd been such an idiot. As soon as you walk through the door you will be comforted, and the phycologist will be really understanding, and know you'll be afraid!. They're very patient and will listen and actually care!! It was nothing to be scared of to be honest, you just need to loosen up.

At first i beleived it'd be like an interview, thinking i'll just be sitting there trying to explain stuff, but it's not (thank goodness). They'll spend a while explaining to you who you are, and finding out about you in general, about your mood they might ask you to fill in a questionaire, nothing which requries you to talk too much at all. They know what they're looking for and they'll ask you specific questions, which you don't have to answer unless you feel comfortable! And no matter how much you beleive your problem isn't serious, if it's getting you down it is serious, and they're not going to bite off your head no matter what it is!

You'll soon settle down and feel comfortable with them. And i know, the first time will be hard, just bite your teeth and go. Theres nothing to worry about, and it will all pay off in the end i'm sure of it. And it is nice to have someone who will listen, and wants to help when you've got nobody else to go to

I hope it all goes well for you

(for the reference i've been diagnosed with social anxiety and depression )
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I have another panic attack this week I think I will actually Cry!
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Argh. Going to visit one of my very good mates at the weekend for a long weekend party thing and I'm not going to know hardly anyone :sad: Panicking atm!
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
dear god i need to actually take control of my life
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
dear god i need to actually take control of my life
:hugs: What's up?
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got a throbbing headache feeling really low and lonely. Not feeling well at all I feel in a complete haze though i am not on citalopram. and i dont want to take it again after the pharmacy gave me out of date med... by 5 months
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)
im just crying a lot thiinking about how i got to this state in my life and how theres no way out
of course there's a way out, you just have to find it.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's moments like these that I just can't be bothered. I felt ill again today, no doubt from stopping taking the anti depressants, and got sent home from work. had to go see my manager to remind her about Wednesdays and Fridays and she just got really angry with me. I hate the way that she talks to me like a piece of ****, like I'm always lying about things.
I wish I could just tell them everything, maybe then she'd actually show some concern when I'm unwell, instead of accusing me of skiving work and telling me i'm risking losing my job after 2 ******* sick days, one of which i had a note for!

I hate that these things have happened to me, I hate that I can't handle aggression because it all comes flooding back, this is too much for me. I'm just one person.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Snap out of it, people

By Fiona Phillips 1/08/2009

Anyone who suffers from a mental illness will know that there's precious little sympathy out there.

Comic Relief aims to address that with its Time To Change campaign, which has unearthed the shocking finding that friends would rather go on holiday with someone with a criminal record.

The stigma means that nine out of 10 people with a problem are prevented from doing normal things like going to the pub or enjoying regular relationships with friends. Schizophrenics, in particular, are often shunned by whole communities, where ignorance leads to persecution.

People with mental-health problems need love, understanding and support. So in the words of those who fail to understand the crippling effects of depression - come on, pull yourselves together!

Mental-health problems are debilitating illnesses, so show some compassion.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21563017/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/jo...h-new-horizons
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
Got a throbbing headache feeling really low and lonely. Not feeling well at all I feel in a complete haze though i am not on citalopram. and i dont want to take it again after the pharmacy gave me out of date med... by 5 months

i hate feeling physically ill on top of the mental stress. it's just too much to cope with. i've been suffering from severe toothache these past few days and been drugging up on aspirin which have not helped that much. also my stomach, urgh it was like i had worms in there or something and my chest felt soo tight.
get well soon.
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsy)
i hate feeling physically ill on top of the mental stress. it's just too much to cope with. i've been suffering from severe toothache these past few days and been drugging up on aspirin which have not helped that much. also my stomach, urgh it was like i had worms in there or something and my chest felt soo tight.
get well soon.
being ill is never fun, Hope you get well soon too
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
damn im really not ill and thanks

I wanted to do some reading today but don't think ill be able to concentrate with this painful indigestion
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
heh my hand arm and finger hurt got bit by dog never mind. I shouldn't have made him angry.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
heh my hand arm and finger hurt got bit by dog never mind. I shouldn't have made him angry.
Did it break the skin? You should get that seen too. :console:
Vienna Cannon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Did it break the skin? You should get that seen too. :console:
cut my finger open and its stopped bleeding now but I mad it absolutely painful when I used some alcohol hand wash to clean it.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
cut my finger open and its stopped bleeding now but I mad it absolutely painful when I used some alcohol hand wash to clean it.
I would recommend germolene and a nice large plaster to go over it...! Leave it for 12 hours, if it still looks nasty then redress it... Then you will eventually need to expose it to the elements... Just be careful... i.e. If you go to the toilet, wash your hands with hot water and soap (If Available, maybe carry some alcohol hand sanitizer)

Infections aren't worth the hassle, trust me on this one

(I'm talking from both experience and my role as my works First Aider)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.44%
No - but I will (63)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise