Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbosomsevie)
    offer for english at peterhouse! it's really high, does anyone know why that is?
    p.s given that i might be meeting some of you next year, i should explain that my friend helped me make my account, hence the name. it's innapropriate but not without foundation! ; )
    Not sure. It's probably not as high as Ann's offer though, so that's a bright side. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    *waves*
    *waves back*
    But I've spoken to you before! Where are all the other Christ's people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indifferencepersonified)
    *waves back*
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christ...81997431831072

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katey_doodles)
    I guess there is something quite comforting in that if you know the methodology you're guaranteed marks; and though I hated maths I used to love doing three simultaneous linear equations in three unknowns...don't ask me why!
    I was exactly the same! I used to find simultaneous equations rather beautiful, bizarrely, but everything else just did not compute. And I was VERY proud of my low B at GCSE.

(Oh, I remembered the only other thing I used to like - shape and measure. Namely, reflecting shapes, drawing 3D prisms, etc. - I couldn't believe I was getting away with doing art in a maths exam :cool:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbosomsevie)
    offer for english at peterhouse! it's really high, does anyone know why that is?
    p.s given that i might be meeting some of you next year, i should explain that my friend helped me make my account, hence the name. it's innapropriate but not without foundation! ; )
    I heard of someone getting a 45 offer for IB (less than a hundred people get in the whole world get 45 in that every year.. top possible score) and apparently its because their predicted was the same. Probably depends on your college's policy; standard offers vs. offers related to students predicted grades... might also be a clerical error, you could look into it

ps. maybe i'll recognize u in october then ... i did think sevie was a guy's name before though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a daedalus)
    I heard of someone getting a 45 offer for IB (less than a hundred people get in the whole world get 45 in that every year.. top possible score) and apparently its because their predicted was the same. Probably depends on your college's policy; standard offers vs. offers related to students predicted grades... might also be a clerical error, you could look into it

ps. maybe i'll recognize u in october then ... i did think sevie was a guy's name before though
    If we're thinking of the same person, I think I saw someone on here with a 45 IB offer. Also, I'm about 60% sure it was from Peterhouse.

ReputationRep:
    Any other Christ's medics? Or just Christ's offer holders in general!? I can only remember seeing two other people on here with offers from Christ's, there must be more of us out there!
    Hey fellow 'Christ-ian' (that doesnt work does it....?)
    Got offer to read for a degree in Law....
    Have you had any exams this month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schoolio93)
    lol I used to study in Germany up until 8. Klasse. Seriously German education system is a nightmare!!! They teach you stuff that you don't even need. It was really boring, I went to a Gymnasium in Frankfurt. And your grades will depend more on how much your teacher likes you - here in England it's only the exams that matter and not a "Mündliche Note"!
    True! I generally like my subjects and what they teach us, but you´re right, the "Mündliche Note" (~oral participation) counts far too much- I´d love to have more written exams or at least they should make up the largest part of the grades... I hate it when stupid people get good grades just by talking rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadz123456)
    Hey fellow 'Christ-ian' (that doesnt work does it....?)
    Got offer to read for a degree in Law....
    Have you had any exams this month?
    It works fine, for now.
    Congrats, do you have the usual A*AA offer?
    Yep, I've had 4 and have 1 to go. I'm becoming slightly concerned and fear resits may be on the cards (although I may just be being pessimisitc in the midst off all these exams!!) Have you got any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *sugarplumfairy*)
    True! I generally like my subjects and what they teach us, but you´re right, the "Mündliche Note" (~oral participation) counts far too much- I´d love to have more written exams or at least they should make up the largest part of the grades... I hate it when stupid people get good grades just by talking rubbish!
    thankfully we still have more written exams than the english, aswell as we are lucky enough to be taught important general knowledge, definetly more than just 3 subjects.
    Considering 'the mündliche note', a good teacher should be able to differentiate quantity from quality, but i have to admit, not all do. I'm really happy about my education, especially the fact that I know stuff on buisiness studies, history, politics, music, maths german etc.
    I feel rather educated and prepared for the world out there
    but depends on the individual I guess, some go to school because they want to have a good life, good job later, and some do to just learn about the world and it's history , hence out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    It works fine, for now.
    Congrats, do you have the usual A*AA offer?
    Yep, I've had 4 and have 1 to go. I'm becoming slightly concerned and fear resits may be on the cards (although I may just be being pessimisitc in the midst off all these exams!!) Have you got any?
    Yeah it's the usual A*AA offer although at times I have weired moments were I feel getting an A*AA is beyond me.....
    WOW 5 exams, how are you coping? lool
    I just have one exam (economics) got the rest in the summer. I doubt you would need to do re-takes, I'm sure it's just your mind playing games with you.....
    I realy ought to be revising but have found my self on TSR and Facebook ....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's the usual A*AA offer although at times I have weired moments were I feel getting an A*AA is beyond me.....
    WOW 5 exams, how are you coping? lool
    I just have one exam (economics) got the rest in the summer. I doubt you would need to do re-takes, I'm sure it's just your mind playing games with you.....
    I realy ought to be revising but have found my self on TSR and Facebook ....
    I'm also feeling that the A* is beyond me, which is odd because before the offer I was convinced I had at least 2 in me. It's very frustrating, don't you agree?
    I only have 1 left, but I'm very underpracticed at it and so it is plaguing me a little at the moment in honesty. I will be very pleased if my mind is playing tricks on me and in March I see a couple of results >90%, it will take the pressure off the 3 exams I have in June.
    I am revising, I like to think of it as male-multitasking I've become quite good at it over the last year or so.
    Have you had your economics exam yet or is it still to come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkestskies)
    I was exactly the same! I used to find simultaneous equations rather beautiful, bizarrely, but everything else just did not compute. And I was VERY proud of my low B at GCSE.

(Oh, I remembered the only other thing I used to like - shape and measure. Namely, reflecting shapes, drawing 3D prisms, etc. - I couldn't believe I was getting away with doing art in a maths exam :cool:)
    YES. They're very...rhythmic or something. I used to actually do them when I was stressed haha they're so calming!
    Oooh yeah. Reflections and translations were always a good 'un to see on your exam

ReputationRep:
    I'm also feeling that the A* is beyond me, which is odd because before the offer I was convinced I had at least 2 in me. It's very frustrating, don't you agree?
    I only have 1 left, but I'm very underpracticed at it and so it is plaguing me a little at the moment in honesty. I will be very pleased if my mind is playing tricks on me and in March I see a couple of results >90%, it will take the pressure off the 3 exams I have in June.
    I am revising, I like to think of it as male-multitasking I've become quite good at it over the last year or so.
    I'm in exactly the same boat, before the exams I was also convinced I had atleast two A* in me, I have no idea were all that confidence has gone.....
    'Male-multitasking'<<<<i like that loool
    I'm going to have 5 exams in the summer...all this stress is unhealthy as my mum has already spotted 4 GREY HAIRS on my head
    Erm my exams tomorrow lool...I still havnt got the hang of 'revision' loool :s

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same boat, before the exams I was also convinced I had atleast two A* in me, I have no idea were all that confidence has gone.....
    'Male-multitasking'<<<<i like that loool
    I'm going to have 5 exams in the summer...all this stress is unhealthy as my mum has already spotted 4 GREY HAIRS on my head
    It's a strange thing, pressure is. Ahwell I guess we have to continue through it and hope we get what we need!
    Grey hairs are never a good sign once I've had my exam on 1st feb, I'm straight off out with my mates, a bit of off time will be very nice indeed
    Ah, well best of luck; I hope it goes well for you and you take a step closer to the elusive (well, hopefully not elusive, just slightly more difficult. . .) A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeAddict)
    thankfully we still have more written exams than the english, aswell as we are lucky enough to be taught important general knowledge, definetly more than just 3 subjects.
    Considering 'the mündliche note', a good teacher should be able to differentiate quantity from quality, but i have to admit, not all do. I'm really happy about my education, especially the fact that I know stuff on buisiness studies, history, politics, music, maths german etc.
    I feel rather educated and prepared for the world out there
    but depends on the individual I guess, some go to school because they want to have a good life, good job later, and some do to just learn about the world and it's history , hence out of interest.
    i can only support that. sure, some teachers are unable to compose a real 'mündliche note', and it sometimes depends on the teacher's opinion,what grade you get.
    but I have a lot of good teachers, who can tell who's just talking nonsense to get a good grade. and the broad variety of subjects we are taught in the final years, i think, wonderfully contributes to general knowledge and an abstract and independent way of thinking. i'm glad, i didn't have to choose 3 subjects right away (2 years ago, i wouldn't have the slightes clue what to take =P)

the only thing, that annoys me about the abitur system, is the huge difference in difficulty between the 'bundesländer' (states).. but my admissions tutor told me, that they keep that in mind when composing the conditional offers..

ReputationRep:
    *waves back*
    HELLOOOO fellow Christ's person
    We're just elusive, so that's why you don't see many of us around 0

But that is true, I've only met a few fellow christ's offer holders.. hmmm I wonder why that is :/
    Anyway ^_^

I only have 1 left, but I'm very underpracticed at it and so it is plaguing me a little at the moment in honesty. I will be very pleased if my mind is playing tricks on me and in March I see a couple of results &gt;90%, it will take the pressure off the 3 exams I have in June.
    'Male-multitasking'&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;i like that loool
    And i feel exactly the same :/ I'm predicted a few A*'s but after I got my offer and after doing my chemistry and physics exams, I really doubt I'm going to get all the A*s I was predicted :/
    AHHH!

Only FP1 to go in january.

ReputationRep:
    Any Land Economists or Magdalene people here?
    Would like to talk to people before October :P
    Send me a message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScotlandLiv)
    Any Land Economists or Magdalene people here?
    Would like to talk to people before October :P
    Send me a message

Magdalene law here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.