Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    If SJA is recruiting in the District of the Region where you live you are unlikely to be rejected because of where you live.

Ignore anyone knocking SJA based on experience pre 2012 or anyone who rants about the change to regions means thry couldn't serve their community any more, just offer them some hard cheese and sour grapes to go with their whine.
    Yeah, I was more talking about the CFR scheme in terms of rejections, I called up EAS and they said they try to get people within 2 miles of the town centre (I'm 6.5) so that may be a bit iffy - was unsure whether, if I am too far out for the CFR scheme & training, a FPOS-I would be of value in terms of SJA, or whether a simple first aid course would provide the same value.

Good to hear they've improved, there's a lot of negative stuff online (mainly from jaded paramedics, it has to be said).

ReputationRep:
    Paramedic moaning is usually because SJA are overtime thieves / scabs. Add in ignorance that the muppety end of the first aiders are just first aiders abd the closest they get to the SJA fleet is washing them .

ReputationRep:
    If SJA is recruiting in the District of the Region where you live you are unlikely to be rejected because of where you live.

Ignore anyone knocking SJA based on experience pre 2012 or anyone who rants about the change to regions means thry couldn't serve their community any more, just offer them some hard cheese and sour grapes to go with their whine.
    Because we all know regionalisation is a whole new thread and a half! ;-)

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted to start as a first aider in January! Can't wait. How long does the first aid training take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priyanka44)
    I've been accepted to start as a first aider in January! Can't wait. How long does the first aid training take?
    Not half as long as it takes to become a member I can tell you that much.

ReputationRep:
    Passed my pathway today to become a first aider!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

So I got my Access NI checks back and so did SJA, this was november time so when roughly do you think i might hear back about starting training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    Hey guys

So I got my Access NI checks back and so did SJA, this was november time so when roughly do you think i might hear back about starting training?
    not sure if the Commandery of Ards is operating a system like Pathways -if it is it's going to be when the next pathways cohort reasonably near to you start.

ReputationRep:
    best duty: Cambridge folk fest 2014

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing New Years eve in London tonight or other cities?

ReputationRep:
    How competitive is it to get onto the StJohns volunteering programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blacklens)
    How competitive is it to get onto the StJohns volunteering programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not especially, the current recruitment process is designed to aid progression to trained first aider status .

ReputationRep:
    Hii All,

I have my St John volunteering interview on Tuesday (6th) Can anyone tell me what it's going to involve?

Thanks Guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am thinking of joining SJA but it looks like I'll have to join the unit at a neighbouring town. Once a member, can you assist at other units or only with the unit you are a member of?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gyford)
    Hello,

I am thinking of joining SJA but it looks like I'll have to join the unit at a neighbouring town. Once a member, can you assist at other units or only with the unit you are a member of?

Cheers
    Units are a HR convenience , under the current structure the two units are likely to be in the same 'area' and very likely in the same district so doing duties for both of them is unlikely to be an issue .

ReputationRep:
    Units are a HR convenience , under the current structure the two units are likely to be in the same 'area' and very likely in the same district so doing duties for both of them is unlikely to be an issue .
    cheers for that Zippy

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's my application submitted to join the ranks of SJA I am prepared for a little wait between now and starting based on the experience of others, but that doesn't bother me. One question I do have is where the induction training will take place. Is it done at your unit or is it more district/region orientated?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my training to become a first aider, I wanted to know is it difficult to be confident in your role or is it something you get used to? What sort of duties do you take part in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellySherratt)
    Hii All,

I have my St John volunteering interview on Tuesday (6th) Can anyone tell me what it's going to involve?

Thanks Guys!!
    Hey Kelly, how did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priyanka44)
    I'm doing my training to become a first aider, I wanted to know is it difficult to be confident in your role or is it something you get used to? What sort of duties do you take part in?
    I find it hard but you get more confident with practice. In my uni, you can take part in club night, sports matches and also external events.

(Original post by Gyford)
    Well, that's my application submitted to join the ranks of SJA I am prepared for a little wait between now and starting based on the experience of others, but that doesn't bother me. One question I do have is where the induction training will take place. Is it done at your unit or is it more district/region orientated?
    I can only speak for myself- mine took place at the district HQ.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.