Edinburgh Students Society Watch

Lukas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ankita_patnaik)
My God, us A-level folks are REALLY getting screwed because being the last to get our results puts us WAY behind on the MyEd, Accom and registration pack etc lines. Gah! Why wont the 17th get here any quicker? Or for that matter, September ?
dont worry, international students are given priority in the accommodation allocation process (well, i hope so)...
Lukas
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i just checked out MyEd tour, looks pretty good to me (please, let me in!!!)
MissSmith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i still dont have my photo up
not that i want it there... its not the best one i could have sent in but it will be exciting to see it up...
lil_chunky
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)
i still dont have my photo up
not that i want it there... its not the best one i could have sent in but it will be exciting to see it up...
me too! i wanna see it updated on myed! mine haven't updated either !
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lukas)
dont worry, international students are given priority in the accommodation allocation process (well, i hope so)...
Good Im glad to hear that. Coincidentally I did A2 Geography too (specification A) and the synoptic paper kicked my butt. Everything else was good though so i hope i still get that predicted A. How did your exams go ?

I started off AS Critical Thinking but my 64 year old professor was so boring and confused he put the 6 of us straight to sleep so we just dropped the course collectively about 4 months into it lol
Mountain One
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The disability office is good at replying to my emails so tis not all bad with the uni correspondence. Just to check, your parents can provisionally accept your accommodation for you cant they? Im going away 2 days after results day and somehow i doubt that i will have had my accommodation offer through by then. The other thing is how long do we have to confirm our offer with UCAS and can it be done online?
Lukas
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ankita_patnaik)
Good Im glad to hear that. Coincidentally I did A2 Geography too (specification A) and the synoptic paper kicked my butt. Everything else was good though so i hope i still get that predicted A. How did your exams go ?

I started off AS Critical Thinking but my 64 year old professor was so boring and confused he put the 6 of us straight to sleep so we just dropped the course collectively about 4 months into it lol
i did urban environments and hazards in the synoptic paper, hopefully did well - im more concerned about the options paper, deserts were easy, but tourism questions were weird...still, i had a good coursework and need a C in A2 Geography to get an A overall - i'm more worried about history...

crtitical thinking was quite fun, I did like it, had a good teacher as well, but you were right to quit - i hate boring&confused teachers as well...
cowbell328
Report 12 years ago
i don't know if anyone else has done this yet, but i added the "my accomodation" portal onto myed, and this monday, the message on it changed from "our records show that you have applied, but not yet been allocated accomodation" to "you have been allocated accomodation, a link to accept this accomodation will be posted shortly." I was SOOOO excited to see that, thinking that the link would be up later that day. But now it's wednesday and still no link!! I am an international student and applied to share a room at pollock halls. Oh and I sent my picture into myed MONTHS ago and mine isn't up yet. My last name starts with L (if we are still considering the alphabetical theory)
lil_chunky
Report 12 years ago
ooh where is the "my accomodation" portal on Edinburgh website? i am dying to know where i am gonna live! i don't remember if they have asked questions about shared rooms of pollock halls (or i forgot to pick i don't want a shared room ! god! i hope i didn't forget about it !)
cowbell328
Report 12 years ago
ummm let's see if i can remember...you log onto myed and then go to "customize" in the top right hand corner of the screen. Then you can search for the channel you want to add. I remember I had to look in a few different categories before i found it. It is called "my accomodation" and i just added it onto my "home" page. Tell me what info you get.
On the accomodation you had to pick whether you wanted single, single ensuite, or shared if you applied for pollock (or at least that's how i remember it.) I'm sharing a room to save money.
lil_chunky
Report 12 years ago
wow thanks a lot ! now i know that i've been allocated already! i will just keep my finger crossed ! give me a single room in Pollock hall :P
cowbell328
Report 12 years ago
no problem
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
Ooo, thats cute
maciek
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm preparing form my arrival in Edinburgh and in connection with this could you possibly tell me how can I get from Waverley Bridge( which is next to Princes Street) to Pollock Halls ??
Jingy!
Report 12 years ago
err wats "myed"????:confused: i havent even heard of it. does this link also apply to people who have applied for self catered flats??
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
BREAKING NEWS

I added the MyAccomodation channel and I got my offer- you're all welcome to visit me in Chancellor's Court next year!!!
lil_chunky
Report 12 years ago
wow that's quick. i only know that i have been allocated accomodation but i don't know where i am going live!

congrats anywayz
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
And God Damn Michael, you get *all* the stuff happening to your MyEd!

edit: Why did I quote something else... ?
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I feel kind of guilty about that- actually, nah, I don't:p:
^^zummi^^
Report 12 years ago
Gyaaah! Still nothing on mine either, I hadnt ben home in a day or so and was filled with anticipation about this accomodation but NOOOO!!!!!!

Grrrr....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads