The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

lol... so lucky. anyway this year's orientation was quite fun!.

Did anyone come for the mass dance at suntec/ sea regatta?
Reply 961
acezhiquan
lol... so lucky. anyway this year's orientation was quite fun!.

Did anyone come for the mass dance at suntec/ sea regatta?

I was there! Along with a couple of classmates. :smile: Gah, I miss those times.

Victorian's Day is coming up in early March... heads up! :biggrin:
Reply 962
Knogle
I was there! Along with a couple of classmates. :smile: Gah, I miss those times.

Victorian's Day is coming up in early March... heads up! :biggrin:

Singapore?
Reply 963
But if you are a guy, then don't you have to go to the army?
Reply 964
celeritas
Singapore?

Uh oh, I wonder what gave that away. :p:

(Inside joke, for those who don't know!)
Reply 965
celeritas
But if you are a guy, then don't you have to go to the army?

What tells you that I'm not already enlisted? :biggrin:
Reply 966
Do you hate your country so much that you have to change your flag? Is it that bad? Lol
Reply 967
celeritas
Do you hate your country so much that you have to change your flag? Is it that bad? Lol

Hate my country? Um no, not at all. It has its peeves, but most of time, I couldn't be happier as a citizen. :yy:
Reply 968
Hi guys!

I got a situation here... I got offer from King's, Warwick and Manchester to read computer science. But I can't make up my mind which to go... any advise?

I thought UCL will accept me... but then... hai!
Reply 969
Splus
Hi guys!

I got a situation here... I got offer from King's, Warwick and Manchester to read computer science. But I can't make up my mind which to go... any advise?

Warwick's a great choice. Or King's if you really prefer the city lifestyle. Personally, I'll go for the former. Nice campus and great reputation.
Reply 970
Splus
Hi guys!

If you're a fan of ranking tables then the Times says that Warwick is the best among your current options for Computer Science:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html

It's ranked 9th. Manchester is 15th and Kings isn't in the top 20.

Great campus, good blend of country and city life I reckon. Go for it. :yy:
Reply 971
hmmm.. ya... warwick computer science is quite decent. I was wondering how come guardian ranked King's as no.4 in ranking exercise 2005.
Reply 972
Please don't pay attention to the Guardian's rankings... It can be quite ridiculous at times...
Reply 973
Fa|ique
Please don't pay attention to the Guardian's rankings... It can be quite ridiculous at times...

Ditto. I didn't even glance at the rankings when I made that post above. :wink:
Reply 974
Knogle
Ditto. I didn't even glance at the rankings when I made that post above. :wink:

HEHEHE. I think everyone favours Warwick more than King's right? I got this feeling...

Hmmm.. ya i think I probably will make warwick my firm choice.
Reply 975
Shall we revive this thread for Singaporeans heading to the UK this September? :yy: Feel free to post about anything under to sun.... but more relevantly, about yourself, your uni/course, and any questions you may have about education in the UK. We're here to support each other. :biggrin:
Reply 976
A Level results out tomorrow, and with that goes my dream of studying in the UK.. I really don't think I'll do well. I could've done well but I didn't study hard. Too bad for me then :frown: think i won't even get an A, if I'm lucky I hope I can get at least some B's..
Reply 977
WQtRiggEr
A Level results out tomorrow, and with that goes my dream of studying in the UK.. I really don't think I'll do well. I could've done well but I didn't study hard. Too bad for me then :frown: think i won't even get an A, if I'm lucky I hope I can get at least some B's..

Best of luck! :smile: Do keep us updated on your results!

Which universities have you received offers from anyway, and for what course(s)?
Reply 978
oh I haven't applied yet because I still have ns to go!
Reply 979
WQtRiggEr
oh I haven't applied yet because I still have ns to go!

Aha! Therein lies opportunity - you could retake your exams as a private candidate. :p:

But fret not - good luck for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending