Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    My god, Matt Smith with his head shaved just looks like a thug.
    Hairism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Racism!
    Hardly. Hairism maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Hardly. Hairism maybe?
    That was the word:P

ReputationRep:
    No I. Even if you had 'oswin', then no V.
    Osvin can be made from R I V E R S O N G.

Clara went to a russian submarine, so Osvin makes kinda sense!

(nor srs!)

Lol, Dr Who have a lot of plot mysteries to tie together tbh. They never told us what was up with amy, bad wolf..now river song, and then clara oswald?

ReputationRep:
    I would be quite happy if this theory was true!

http://tardistheories.tumblr.com/pos...d-clara-theory .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    I would be quite happy if this theory was true!

http://tardistheories.tumblr.com/pos...d-clara-theory .
    That would be pretty cool.

The page is horrific to read though, with the red against the brightness of the TARDIS background.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching this episode now and just noticed something.

At around 27:50, when the Doctor is playing chess with himself/the planner, he calls Clara "flesh girl" before telling her "I know who you are, you're the impossible girl." Important?
    Reposting this so it gets noticed :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    That would be pretty cool.

The page is horrific to read though, with the red against the brightness of the TARDIS background.
    I know. My eyes bled.

ReputationRep:
    Reposting this so it gets noticed :sad:
    I noticed it and thought "Oh God, I hope not." (I didn't like the Flesh business).

I don't think Clara will be flesh because that was done with Amy. It was probably just a reference to her being human.... maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    I know. My eyes bled.
    Mine began to do that, but then I highlighted it all and it worked better :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I noticed it and thought "Oh God, I hope not." (I didn't like the Flesh business).

I don't think Clara will be flesh because that was done with Amy. It was probably just a reference to her being human.... maybe?
    I liked the Flesh, but that's what I thought. I just thought I'd see what the people of TSR thought

ReputationRep:
    50th mishap (no spoilers about Doctor's name though!):

Spoiler:
    Show
    Looks like Moffat is going to release a special clip of Matt Smith and David Tennant if we're all good children and don't post any spoilers from the DVD mishap.

(I have to admit, if someone does upload the finale before next Saturday, it would be very tempting.... At the same time, I wanna see this Matt/David clip!).

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Looks like Moffat is going to release a special clip of Matt Smith and David Tennant if we're all good children and don't post any spoilers from the DVD mishap.

(I have to admit, if someone does upload the finale before next Saturday, it would be very tempting.... At the same time, I wanna see this Matt/David clip!).
    Needs spoilering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    Needs spoilering.
    It's all over twitter/facebook/BBC news so hardly a major secret, but I'll bite.

In similar news:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Moffat's bid has failed. The Doctor's name is all over the internet already (I almost ruined it for myself!) and no doubt will be all over the tabloids tomorrow. Not quite sure how to avoid it!

ReputationRep:
    For anyone knows about what happened today with the season finale:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least one person on this thread is going to read a major spoiler about the Doctor's Name and may want to post it on here. Would it be fair to agree that anybody who does want to post it should make it absolutely clear that their spoiler tag includes a major spoiler about that episode? I, for one, like to read the usual spoiler stuff on this thread: speculation about the finale, the 50th, minor spoilers, etc. But I don't want to know the Doctor's name/the major plot of the season finale before I watch it myself next Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    It's all over twitter/facebook/BBC news so hardly a major secret, but I'll bite.

In similar news:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Moffat's bid has failed. The Doctor's name is all over the internet already (I almost ruined it for myself!) and no doubt will be all over the tabloids tomorrow. Not quite sure how to avoid it!
    It was always going to be leaked when they made the initial mistake - anything like that is never going to stay secret.

Spoiler:
    Show
    At least one person on this thread is going to read a major spoiler about the Doctor's Name and may want to post it on here. Would it be fair to agree that anybody who does want to post it should make it absolutely clear that their spoiler tag includes a major spoiler about that episode? I, for one, am like to read speculation about the episode/the 50th/the normal stuff contained in spoiler tags. But I don't want to know the Doctor's name/the major plot of the season finale before I watch it myself next Saturday.
    I agree. I would happily go further and say that anything related to the leak just shouldn't be posted here until Saturday tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At least one person on this thread is going to read a major spoiler about the Doctor's Name and may want to post it on here. Would it be fair to agree that anybody who does want to post it should make it absolutely clear that their spoiler tag includes a major spoiler about that episode? I, for one, am like to read speculation about the episode/the 50th/the normal stuff contained in spoiler tags. But I don't want to know the Doctor's name/the major plot of the season finale before I watch it myself next Saturday.
    I'd rather that anything relating to the DVDs and next weeks episode be kept out of the thread completely. If people want to discuss it, can it be kept to PMs please :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was always going to be leaked when they made the initial mistake - anything like that is never going to stay secret.
    I agree. I was being overly optimistic!

I agree. I would happily go further and say that anything related to the leak just shouldn't be posted here until Saturday tbh.
    I was going to suggest that but I wasn't sure whether it would go against the nature of this thread and how many people would object! But I'm definitely happy to go with that suggestion if everyone agrees.

Perhaps a separate thread could be set up for those who want to discuss it ahead of Saturday, or limit it to PMs as Aula suggests.

ReputationRep:
    Dammit.

Nowhere is safe now. The sooner I watch this episode the better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Dammit.

Nowhere is safe now. The sooner I watch this episode the better.
    I know! It's going to be almost impossible to avoid spoilers - I've just had a close call with one on twitter. :rant: How long before the episode appears on the internet, do you think?

Some Amazon employee is going to be in deep doggy-doo tonight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.