Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've downloaded MySQA app for iPhone which builds a sort of study plan for you! Have a look at the pic
    I'm not sure how useful it is as I only started today but it sort of gave me a push and I did 4 hours and no sleeping like I normally would lol Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1396303041.774186.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  96.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceCaroline)
    I've downloaded MySQA app for iPhone which builds a sort of study plan for you! Have a look at the pic
    I'm not sure how useful it is as I only started today but it sort of gave me a push and I did 4 hours and no sleeping like I normally would lol Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1396303041.774186.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  96.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got one. How should i stick to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Around 8-10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyugly)
    I've got one. How should i stick to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just STICK TO IT!
    Lol get a few snacks , make sure you're comfortable (tv OFF!) and set an alarm on your phone for half an hour ! It's not that long a period for study ! So go over a topic you struggle with then when your alarm goes off take a break. Then come back to it and do another half hour maybe write out some model answers from a mark scheme (very useful)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceCaroline)
    Just STICK TO IT!
    Lol get a few snacks , make sure you're comfortable (tv OFF!) and set an alarm on your phone for half an hour ! It's not that long a period for study ! So go over a topic you struggle with then when your alarm goes off take a break. Then come back to it and do another half hour maybe write out some model answers from a mark scheme (very useful)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I SHALL DO THIS I CAN DO IT . Thanks lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says they revise for over 8 hours a day is lying. I revise for around 3-4 a day, taking short breaks in between, then testing myself on the stuff I've been going over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    6 hours a day for me. I have 10 exams.
    what subject do you study ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El121)
    Anyone who says they revise for over 8 hours a day is lying. I revise for around 3-4 a day, taking short breaks in between, then testing myself on the stuff I've been going over

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily. This weekend I'm hoping to do 8-3 then 6-10 hours of revision, so thats 11 hours. Just depends on the person, the amount of exams and how much importance (exams) they hold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even when I spend the WHOLE day revising and stay at home, get up early and all that, I get 4 and a half, max 5 hours done. How can people srsly spend longer? I honestly wish I could!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's trying to revise for a longer time try the pomodoro technique. You revise for 25 minutes, then take a five minute break. Then after around 4 cycles you take a longer (10-20 minutes) break. It's great because you know if less than half an hour you can get a drink, or reply to that text, or check Facebook.

I use a timer on pomodoro.me

I remember reading about it last summer and I used in then and managed to do so much better in my exams so I'm just paying the tip forward.

ReputationRep:
    I've studied about 3 hours daily consistently, apart from The 25th December, since results day 2013. I don't really see the need to do any more than 4 hours a day - anymore than that and I get far too ahead of the class and begin to forget the stuff that I should be learning (rather than getting confident).

Having said that, my subjects aren't too hard. Economics and Geography involve just writing up detailed notes and remembering/understanding them. Usually do all the maths exercise book questions. I've been getting As all year - any more time spent I think would just be making myself feel better, as apposed to any real academic benefit.

I made the mistake last year of thinking 'working hard' around half term time would get me the grades - it wasn't that simple. It's much better to work 'smart' - consistently revising around 3-4 hours a day ALL through the year, allows you to total more hours than any intense 8 hours a day person closer to the exam. Realistically starting early with a fair 3-4 hours allows much more time for study in the long run than doing 8 hours a day closer to the time, trying to look cool.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've started revising around mid to end of Jan. Honestly, it wasn't even extensive revision. I revise depending on whether I've understood one whole topic of the course. I suppose it's around 2 to 4 hours a day.

The tip about taking breaks in between is straight up helpful. I recommend it. If you're feeling sleepy and can't concentrate, get a 20 min nap. I remember reading that it improves performance and is the same as rebooting a system. By personal experience, it's a life saver.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for prioritising? By far my hardest subject is English (my first exam also), but it's just an AS and I have other A2 exams which are much more important, so I really don't want to be putting all of my energy into English and 'forget' about the rest. This is the only AS exam I have so I don't really know what to do

ReputationRep:
    what subject do you study ?
    Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I do Economics & Business (Edexcel), what sort of revision techniques do you do for Economics? Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    2-3 hours on a school day, 4-5 on Saturdays and Sundays. But you have to do what works best for you. If you can revise fine on an hour a day (amazingly) then do that. If you have to give it six or seven hours, do that (but be sure to factor in lots of breaks). The worst thing you could do is compare yourself to others.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: your the future Bohr

ReputationRep:
    23 hours a day - I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me

ReputationRep:
    What are everyone's revision plans for Easter? average hours a day/total in a week?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think revising 6 hours straight is a good idea. Quality not necessarily quantity. I do about 3 to 4 hours

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.