Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    780000000 was an answer to something and the diagram for N2O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, when I saw that I was like :erm: but put it down haha looked so wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Yup, when I saw that I was like :erm: but put it down haha looked so wrong!
    I wrote 78000000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    I put water proof because it said ALLOW in a previous mark scheme, so hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WHAT! I put waterproof first but then crossed it out as it didn't seem like the right word imo. Hopefully both get mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion0)
    I wrote 78000000
    Well I had 78*10 000 and then dividid that by the ammonia abundace which was..0.01, so got 780000000 so yup

ReputationRep:
    when we had to draw the E isomer how did people draw it? That question confused me so much

ReputationRep:
    Well I had 78*10 000 and then dividid that by the ammonia abundace which was..0.01, so got 780000000 so yup
    78 percent is 1000000/100 * 78

Then that divided by 0.01

ReputationRep:
    For the essays it was:

UV radiation from the sun is absorbed and emitted by the Earth as infra red radiation.
    HFC143A (or whatever it was called) absorbs infra red which makes its bonds vibrate more, this vibration energy is transfers to kinetic energy so warms the atmosphere,

For the propene and propanol:
    Propene had instantaneous dipole- induced dipole bonds whereas propan-1-ol has hydrogen bonds. This means the bonding in propan 1ol is stronger so more energy is required to break the bonds in propal-1-ol so it has a higher boiling point.

Didn't get the last question tbh but I wrote how:
    N20 is formed from the soil/ ocean and from combustion of fuels.
    Its removed by photolysis and reacting with reactive oxygen atoms

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have a lot of time at the end?
    I finished the paper with around 30mins spare to go over anything i needed to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muonz)
    Vibrational energy is a form of kinetic energy. It's the kinetic energy that is transformed into thermal energy that causes the temperature rise.
    Ahh, I think mark scheme accepts both oh wells a mark or two lost haha

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone feel the the intermolecular bonds one was far too short for 5 marks- just saying hydrogen bonds and id-id, hydrogen bonds are stronger etc? I explained the mechanism behind them both as well, just to make sure. Took up way more room that we've been given, if I don't get all 5 marks I'll be fuming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muonz)
    Vibrational energy is a form of kinetic energy. It's the kinetic energy that is transformed into thermal energy that causes the temperature rise.
    No mark scheme has said tigers is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Did anyone feel the the intermolecular bonds one was far too short for 5 marks- just saying hydrogen bonds and id-id, hydrogen bonds are stronger etc? I explained the mechanism behind them both as well, just to make sure. Took up way more room that we've been given, if I don't get all 5 marks I'll be fuming!
    I would say 2 marks for the bonding in them, 1 for saying the alcohol has stronger bonds, 1 for saying it requires more energy to break, and 1 for saying it has a higher boiling point?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it feels awks I think we get a mark for each type of bonding (2) a mark for saying more energy required a mark for 'quality of written communication' and a mark for.... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    1 marks was there for QWC. So I mentioned hydrogen bonds in propan-1-ol and instantaneous dipole-induced dipole bonds in propene. Hydrogen bonds are much stronger than IdId, so as a result, propan-1-ol requires greater energy to break it apart than propene.

I think something along them lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriselle15)
    when we had to draw the E isomer how did people draw it? That question confused me so much
    That confused me too. I drew an isomer, but I couldn't see what made it an E isomer (used the middle double bond)

ReputationRep:
    Feels so good filing away the notes and recycling all the past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelion0)
    No mark scheme has said tigers is correct
    Sometimes the markscheme requires you to elaborate. In most mark schemes vibrational energy isn't even required as long as you say the bonds vibrate more. In some cases a key part of the theory required is stating the transition of energy from kinetic to thermal (heat).

ReputationRep:
    For the essays it was:

UV radiation from the sun is absorbed and emitted by the Earth as infra red radiation.
    HFC143A (or whatever it was called) absorbs infra red which makes its bonds vibrate more, this vibration energy is transfers to kinetic energy so warms the atmosphere,

For the propene and propanol:
    Propene had instantaneous dipole- induced dipole bonds whereas propan-1-ol has hydrogen bonds. This means the bonding in propan 1ol is stronger so more energy is required to break the bonds in propal-1-ol so it has a higher boiling point.

Didn't get the last question tbh but I wrote how:
    N20 is formed from the soil/ ocean and from combustion of fuels.
    Its removed by photolysis and reacting with reactive oxygen atoms
    I said the exact same, but for the last one i said its formed by denitrifying bacteria forms it under anaerobic conditions and or/fermentation. Nitrous oxide is released into the atmosphere where it rises into the stratosphere as it is unreactive in trophosphere.high frequency uv radiation photodissociates the n20 molecule forming N2 and O(radical). (As the question asked to give at least one equation). The oxygen atoms then go on to react with oxygen molecules to form ozone. Also, nitrous oxide contributes to the depletion of ozone layer as it reacts with ozone to form NO2 and O2. Aswell as react with oxygen radicals to form NO which acts as a catalyst to breakdown the ozone and lower its concentration.

ReputationRep:
    The QWC for the hydrogen bond / idid bond one would be for mentioning that OH groups are present in propan-1-ol hence why it can hydrogen bond whereas propene has no OH groups so cannot H bond. This exact q or very very similar was on past paper.

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, I calculated how many times it is more abundant but I'm worried that I put 70000000 and copied the '8' out wrong but I showed all my working. Helpppp!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.