The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by marthawyt
I am applying Maths and Econ and I did 50/50 on both sides. I am quite worry about my application after reading this. May I ask when did you send off your UCAS?

Oct 14th
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 961
Original post by smashzeJ
Oct 14th

Oh I sent my application around that time, have you got the 5 weeks email before that?
I am sorry to hear that but I'm sure you will get offers from somewhere else! Don't worry there is still plenty of time! :smile::smile:
Reply 962
Hi guys

I got a rejection several days ago. I asked for a detailed feedback and they said although I showed interest and enthusiasm for the subject, I did not include my personal views and did not go into too much details. In particular, I mentioned Maths as a relevant subject for Econ, but other applicants could do much better with elaborating on the Mathsy side of econ.

Did you guys really put your personal views on things? How extensive were you on Maths? (those received the five weeks letter)

Thanks!
I'm sorry to hear this. My personal statement revolves around a topic that I've written (financial crisis) and less about maths. But I've related my extra curricular activities with the course I have applied . Sorry to ask you this. You got your rejection after getting the 5 week mail or the 2 week mail?
Reply 963
So sorry about the rejection, we all know how competitive straight econs is. I personally know a few people that already got rejected earlier this month, they had great grades, but apparently their personal statement was the problem. They got rejected just one or two weeks after they sent in their application, how sad.

Don't worry you will get offers from wherever you have applied soon.

I didn't say much about maths in my application, I mentioned a few economics books though and yes, some simple and safe personal opinions on them in a way that showed my enthusiasm.

hope you feel better soon, cheer up
Reply 964
Original post by goweee
So sorry about the rejection, we all know how competitive straight econs is. I personally know a few people that already got rejected earlier this month, they had great grades, but apparently their personal statement was the problem. They got rejected just one or two weeks after they sent in their application, how sad.

Don't worry you will get offers from wherever you have applied soon.

I didn't say much about maths in my application, I mentioned a few economics books though and yes, some simple and safe personal opinions on them in a way that showed my enthusiasm.

hope you feel better soon, cheer up

Hey, how did your friends know that they were rejected? Did LSE Straight Econs department send them an official E-mail saying they have been rejected? Or did they personally ask for it? And also, did they get the rejection after the 2weeks letter or the 5weeks letter? I am currently on my 3rd week of the 5week letter :frown:

Thanks!
Reply 965
Original post by xopf
Hey, how did your friends know that they were rejected? Did LSE Straight Econs department send them an official E-mail saying they have been rejected? Or did they personally ask for it? And also, did they get the rejection after the 2weeks letter or the 5weeks letter? I am currently on my 3rd week of the 5week letter :frown:

Thanks!

They received an email and an update on track saying they were unsuccessful. My friend didn't show me the exact email, but he told me that it stated on the email that he had a poor personal statement compared with everyone else. We all sent in our applications in September, very early, all of us received the two week and five week email, then the people I was referring to got rejected after a week or two. I could get more info, but I wouldnt want to open up old wounds.

It's really unpredictable, the personal statement really does count, so hope for the best :smile: No news is probably good news! btw, do your do further maths? I've heard of people who've been rejected in the previous years because they didn't do further maths
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 966
Personally I received my rejection on a friday, and I didnt get the 5 week email.
Reply 967
Original post by goweee
They received an email and an update on track saying they were unsuccessful. My friend didn't show me the exact email, but he told me that it stated on the email that he had a poor personal statement compared with everyone else. We all sent in our applications in September, very early, all of us received the two week and five week email, then the people I was referring to got rejected after a week or two. I could get more info, but I wouldnt want to open up old wounds.

It's really unpredictable, the personal statement really does count, so hope for the best :smile: No news is probably good news! btw, do your do further maths? I've heard of people who've been rejected in the previous years because they didn't do further maths

I am applying to Straight Econs as well as Management. I dont take further math :frown: but i did get predicted 7 in hl math. My app was also sent on Sept, thus being on the third week of the 5 week E-mail. I am really scared. My friend got an offer from LSE anthropology a week after the 5 week letter so thats why I am really worried.
Reply 968
Original post by xopf
I am applying to Straight Econs as well as Management. I dont take further math :frown: but i did get predicted 7 in hl math. My app was also sent on Sept, thus being on the third week of the 5 week E-mail. I am really scared. My friend got an offer from LSE anthropology a week after the 5 week letter so thats why I am really worried.

Oh I see, I assume you are applying to Oxford then. Interesting :smile: but do you think they give offers to the same person for 2 different subjects?

I was worried too at first, but now I am just really really really impatient
Reply 969
Original post by kelly61566
Sorry! I'm from Queensland. But I think everyone here can relate to exam stress! :afraid:

Just finished my last exam today, no more HSC forever! When are your final exams and are you applying for any uni in NSW?
Reply 970
Just wanted to share my experience with the emails:smile: I'm an international student from Australia and am applying for Government and Economics. I applied on the 13th of October, got my two weeks email on the 16th and my five weeks on the 25th. Admission Assessor in Katie Poulter. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Original post by gouratiltzen
FYI, It has been exactly 2 weeks and I have not received any more updates for IR yet :biggrin:

Me too!

Any more news?
Original post by apolocreed
Me too!

Any more news?

I haven't received anything yet either... :confused:
Reply 973
Original post by schlili
What other unis are you applying for? Have you already heard from LSE? :smile:

Nothing from LSE yet :frown:
But then most other applicants for IR seem to share my fate, so it's hopefully not that bad...

The others are UCL, St Andrews and Cambridge (just for the fun of it :P)

You don't happen to study at the Theresianum by the way, do you?
Reply 974
I'm still waiting for the 2 week email for International History, anyone else in the same boat? It's been 2 weeks and 2 days, so I'm starting to get a bit nervous :s-smilie:

EDIT: Got the email about half an hour after posting this...phew! :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by squid-
I'm still waiting for the 2 week email for International History, anyone else in the same boat? It's been 2 weeks and 2 days, so I'm starting to get a bit nervous :s-smilie:

Hey, same here. It's been 2 weeks 2 days for me too. I'm getting very worried...😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my 5-week e-mail for International Relations and History just 10 minutes ago!
Original post by gracelich
Hey, same here. It's been 2 weeks 2 days for me too. I'm getting very worried...������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my follow-up e-mail just 10 minutes ago, so yours should probably come soon!
Hi guys

I got a rejection several days ago. I asked for a detailed feedback and they said although I showed interest and enthusiasm for the subject, I did not include my personal views and did not go into too much details. In particular, I mentioned Maths as a relevant subject for Econ, but other applicants could do much better with elaborating on the Mathsy side of econ.

Did you guys really put your personal views on things? How extensive were you on Maths? (those received the five weeks letter)

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that, did they mention anything about your grades? Or was it purely the personal statement?
Original post by anyotherworld
I got my follow-up e-mail just 10 minutes ago, so yours should probably come soon!

Wooo, just got mine too!! Still super nervous though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending