Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Who are the other 4 just out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Buffon, Handanovic, Neuer and Adler.
    Kinda hard to pick the last one but Adler's put in some phenomenal performances for Hamburg though but admittedly I haven't kept upto date with him and he might have tailed off as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Buffon, Handanovic, Neuer and Adler.
    Kinda hard to pick the last one but Adler's put in some phenomenal performances for Hamburg though but admittedly I haven't kept upto date with him and he might have tailed off as far as I know.
    I know it may sound shocking but how about De Gea? He has been solid the last few months and will certainly will be one of the best keepers in the world soon enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I know it may sound shocking but how about De Gea? He has been solid the last few months and will certainly will be one of the best keepers in the world soon enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, early performances have really gone against his rep but there's no looking past the fact that recently he's been very good. I think most of his failings from earlier were to do with confidence or general mental issues which can be worked on. No doubt that the natural ability and reflexes are there, which can't be taught as much. Agree that he'll be amongst the best in the world soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    What the hell are you on about?
    Surely you a life rather than just trolling an Arsenal thread.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours surfacing that Bayern are plotting a move for Koscielny. I do think he's gonna but it would br a HUGE blow as he's our best defender and one of the best in the PL. He has come so far from his first season. One of my favourite players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rumours surfacing that Bayern are plotting a move for Koscielny. I do think he's gonna but it would br a HUGE blow as he's our best defender and one of the best in the PL. He has come so far from his first season. One of my favourite players.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can plan all they want. They aren't getting him. Signed a new contract last summer.

ReputationRep:
    Such a football hipster :rolleyes:
    Not really marchetti puts in performances, unless joe hart is top 5 in the world like the media would have you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not really marchetti puts in performances, unless joe hart is top 5 in the world like the media would have you believe.
    Yeah, I just don't get how people have the time to watch enough of all these players to form a proper opinion on them. I mean how can you watch 4 or 5 teams in England, Italy, Spain and Germany?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Surely you a life rather than just trolling an Arsenal thread.
    I was bored and in a bad mood, I will stop now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just don't get how people have the time to watch enough of all these players to form a proper opinion on them. I mean how can you watch 4 or 5 teams in England, Italy, Spain and Germany?
    In my case I'm an absolute slacker in uni. Most people on average would have 2-3 teams they watch every weekend specifically. Mine is chelsea, sociedad, madrid and used to be inter but haven't been watching them too much recently.

If you think about it if you've got a weekend to spare that's around 9 matches you could be watching if the time allows, or you can be using multiple streams to watch two games at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Being Italian, I generally follow Serie A quite ardently. Living in England means I follow EPL, naturally. Not as clued up on German/Dutch/Portuguese football (etc), but Spanish football is also really quite popular and most of the games worth watching are televised and usually on on weekends or Fridays. The best German games are also televised on ESPN.

Plus, I'm on a gap year so I have even more time than usual (although I was like this during college as well soo... xD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    They can plan all they want. They aren't getting him. Signed a new contract last summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kosc is the best center back weve had since Sol Campbell, and although I'm bias, I'd say him and Kompany are the two best defenders in the country at the minute. He'll be in the mix to be our next captain as well so 25m wouldnt be enough and I think he's happy at Arsenal anyway.
    ---

Also just been watching the Bundesliga highlights on Ch4 and that Draxler is a tidy little player alright. Pretty much exactly the winger we're crying out for. If we had Draxler and AOC on the wings with Wilshere between and a top striker up front, I think we'd have the foundations for a very exciting team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Kosc is the best center back weve had since Sol Campbell, and although I'm bias, I'd say him and Kompany are the two best defenders in the country at the minute. He'll be in the mix to be our next captain as well so 25m wouldnt be enough and I think he's happy at Arsenal anyway.
    ---

Also just been watching the Bundesliga highlights on Ch4 and that Draxler is a tidy little player alright. Pretty much exactly the winger we're crying out for. If we had Draxler and AOC on the wings with Wilshere between and a top striker up front, I think we'd have the foundations for a very exciting team.
    You'd be in with a real chance for the title with that team personally if that team was in two years time.

I'd say vidic is still better than kosc but kosc can get up there. Only problem is that he has brain farts and when it seems like he's cut it out he then starts going into bad patches of form. Better than being consistently error prone like vermaelen though...

ReputationRep:
    I miss Eduardo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the last year of wengers contract is Optional, anyone know if thats true?

(Original post by yaboy)
    Apparently the last year of wengers contract is Optional, anyone know if thats true?
    Not heard anything like this before. Just yesterday he reiterated his commitment to completing his contract.

ReputationRep:
    So you're interested in the following...

- Gonalons
    - Kondogbia
    - Draxler
    - Jovetic
    - Adler

All look good. You could be in for quite a strong team if you sign some of these.

EDIT - and Remy apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    ---

I still think Luiz has all the attributes to be the best defender in world football but hes such an idiot sometimes, anyway I would not go as far as saying kosh is up there in the top 2 but hes still solid. I dont like the idea of wilshire playing behind the striker, I think he lacks the killer which players like David silva possess and see him more as a box to box player that needs to be next to a solid DM. Would personally play a 4231 with wilshire next to a dm in the midfield and cazorla just behind a striker but yeh Draxler would help sort out the left side of our attack which seems to be a massive issue atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    So you're interested in the following...

- Gonalons
    - Kondogbia
    - Draxler
    - Jovetic
    - Adler

All look good. You could be in for quite a strong team if you sign some of these.

EDIT - and Remy apparently.
    Kondogbia, Draxler and Adler would be the business. Jovetic I'm not convinced about, think we need someone with more of a proven scoring record like Lewandowski considering his 25m price.

Lewandowski
    Draxler Cazorla AOC
    Wilshere Kondogbia
    Monreal Koscielny Mertesacker Jenkinson
    Adler

Genuinely reckon that's a team that could challenge for the title. Could have those 4 for 60m probs which we can easily afford as well but obviously Lewandowski is unlikely. Draxler is a player I really like the look of however. Remy wouldnt be an improvement on Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Draxler an attacking mid who gets/got put on the left to accomodate Holtby rather than a proper winger ?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.