ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WheresPebbles)
    October 2nd anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We share our birthdays! as well as our love for WLIIA

October 2nd too! :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BooAlphie)
    Ah, I'm 1995 so I'm 17 almost 18. I quite like being 17 though Still technically a child.
    Really! You like being 17? I hated it! Spent the whole year wishing I was 18 but this was probably because at our leavers dance/prom, there was a lot of people who'd already turned 18 and could buy alcohol at the bar, unlike the rest of us :p: Tbh I much prefered being 19. Being 18 wasn't as good as I thought (but that was only we didn't go out much as some of my friends were still 17 so we didn't want to leave them out. Haha just because i'm bordering on 20, doesn't stop most people assuming i'm still a child. :/ The "joys" of being small...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    We share our birthdays! as well as our love for WLIIA

October 2nd too! :five:
    High five! You're kidding! How much else do we have in common?

1995 by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    Yay birthday buddies! Although I feel REALLY old now, mine's 1987 and I'll be turning 26
    I wouldn't, 26 is far from old

ReputationRep:
    Haha I got 11 inand hve abirthday twin

ReputationRep:
    High five! You're kidding! How much else do we have in common?

1995 by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not kidding at all! Well that'd depend on what you like and dislike

1994 I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    almost at 1,000 and still no shared birthday

ReputationRep:
    Not kidding at all! Well that'd depend on what you like and dislike

1994 I'm afraid
    What do you like and dislike then?

Only a year difference! So tell me, what is it like being 18? i take it you've just finished A-levels...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you like and dislike then?

Only a year difference! So tell me, what is it like being 18? i take it you've just finished A-levels...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends, because I like a lot of things and dislike only a few things (such as bad grammar)

Yeah! that's freaky! would be even freakier if it was exactly a year difference to the minute/hour! Being 18 is not all it's hyped up to be, I don't go out partying like everyone else does (yet) and I've been under pressure to do well in exams - still learning to drive though. I've got one A level exam left which is on Tuesday but then afterwards I'll be free!

ReputationRep:
    Depends, because I like a lot of things and dislike only a few things (such as bad grammar)

Yeah! that's freaky! would be even freakier if it was exactly a year difference to the minute/hour! Being 18 is not all it's hyped up to be, I don't go out partying like everyone else does (yet) and I've been under pressure to do well in exams - still learning to drive though. I've got one A level exam left which is on Tuesday but then afterwards I'll be free!
    All my friends are learning to drive but I think I would be the worst driver. I'm way too clumsy to be a safe driver! I'm not particularly excited for my 18th (even though our birthdays are only 4 months away) and my friends can't believe I'm not celebrating, especially as I'm the oldest from my group.

Born at 6:14pm by the way. Do we match?

Good luck on the exams! Are you off to uni in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All my friends are learning to drive but I think I would be the worst driver. I'm way too clumsy to be a safe driver! I'm not particularly excited for my 18th (even though our birthdays are only 4 months away) and my friends can't believe I'm not celebrating, especially as I'm the oldest from my group.

Born at 6:14pm by the way. Do we match?

Good luck on the exams! Are you off to uni in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like to think I'm a fairly safe driver - it's all about the confidence and the practice really. I do like to celebrate, but I can't think of any obvious ways to celebrate other than 'pub/club'.

I believe I was 10:30 but can't remember if it was am or pm so unfortunately we do not match

Haha thank you! Yeah I'm hopefully going to Lancaster and, if not, I'm hopefully going to Kent as I put it as my insurance choice

PM me if you'd like to talk more - don't want to derail this thread or the other one as I've been in trouble for derailing threads before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    15th January
    ASDASGFAHFH 15th January too I like cake too m'kay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaFa1237)
    So I take it results day was on your birthday?
    Haha yes it was! Not a very good one:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    Really! You like being 17? I hated it! Spent the whole year wishing I was 18 but this was probably because at our leavers dance/prom, there was a lot of people who'd already turned 18 and could buy alcohol at the bar, unlike the rest of us :p: Tbh I much prefered being 19. Being 18 wasn't as good as I thought (but that was only we didn't go out much as some of my friends were still 17 so we didn't want to leave them out. Haha just because i'm bordering on 20, doesn't stop most people assuming i'm still a child. :/ The "joys" of being small...
    Yeah, love being 17! But I don't drink anyway so I don't really feel the difference, whereas you did. The only time that I ever felt the difference was when all my friends started learning to drive, and they seemed so much more grown up than me because I was still 16.
    Having said that, I can't really talk, because I haven't been 18, so maybe I'll enjoy that more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    Birthday buddies! What year are you guys? I'm 1997.
    You are one day older than me.
    D:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by SwitchingOne)
    8th december
    same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BooAlphie)
    Yeah, love being 17! But I don't drink anyway so I don't really feel the difference, whereas you did. The only time that I ever felt the difference was when all my friends started learning to drive, and they seemed so much more grown up than me because I was still 16.
    Having said that, I can't really talk, because I haven't been 18, so maybe I'll enjoy that more.
    Tbh I didn't really drink before I was 18, but it was the idea that others could order from a bar, whereas I couldn't. I've still to even start driving lessons :p: When I was 16, I really wanted to learn to drive as soon I turned 17, but 3 years down the line i've not got round to it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notchip)
    I was born on 28th February and people always say to me 'oooh, you're lucky you weren't born a day later...' and I'm like, 'what's wrong with the 1st of March?'.
    Omg sameeee!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody born on 17th February yet

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.