Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post your unpopular opinions... Watch

ReputationRep:
    If people want to die, let them. It's their life.

Not sure if that's so unpopular anymore, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    If people want to die, let them. It's their life.

Not sure if that's so unpopular anymore, though.
    Agreed, especially with thinks like euthanasia..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pizza is generally mediocre.

Coffee is revolting.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" was awful.

Einstein wasn't the best physicist in the history of science.

Edison was more businessman than scientist and Tesla deserves far more credit and recognition than he gets.

Military conscription should be banned in international law, except in very exceptional circumstances and with the approval of the UN Secretary-General.

Pop music these days is frustratingly vapid and meaningless. Its only purpose is to make money and turn the general public into zombies who will listen to anything, as long as it has next to no complexity. To quote Bart Baker, "apparently saying the same word 90 times ensures a smash".

Billie Joe Armstrong's attack on Justin Bieber during the "one minute" rant was hilarious and well-deserved.

16/17-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to vote in the Scottish independence referendum (I'm 17 and will still be 17 at the time of the referendum).

Tré Cool should totally sing more often.

Knives And Pens isn't the best Black Veil Brides song (that accolade would have to go to The Gunsling).

I don't get the hype around Linkin Park.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spock is hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who is overly opinionated regarding politics is guaranteed to be a colossal, insufferable moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apologetic Cube)
    In general, men are able to think both more logically and more rationally than women.
    Sexist much?

(Original post by P357)
    Hugely controversial:as a white woman, I'm absolutely repulsed beyond belief by white men who date outside their race. It's the biggest deal-breaker for me.
    Racist much?

(Original post by bluester)
    people are not born gay. you are born only with your physical features and a basic instinct to survive, you pick the rest up along the way
    Flaming heterosexual much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    Sexist much?

Racist much?

I wouldn't say so.
    There are a lot of biological differences between genders.
    Our brains being one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Sexist much?

Racist much?

when it comes to dating(/anything to do with procreation) idk -i've often wondered...

thread title is "unpopular opinions" though-were you expecting stuff like" I don't like peanut butter"? hah.

ReputationRep:
    Mean Girls isn't as good as Clueless.

ReputationRep:
    Pizza's overrated. Nice, but overrated.

ReputationRep:
    Nandos isn't that good.

ReputationRep:
    Jose Mourinho is overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunflower1919)
    Nandos isn't that good.
    Completely agree, in fact I completely dislike Nandos. I mean for a place that specializes in chicken they don't half cook that stuff til it's dry as a bone. They had one job, cook chicken and they cook it (in my opinion) terribly.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Benedict Cumberbatch is overrated and he looks like a pigeon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Both Miranda and The Catherine Tate Show are a poor excuse for "comedy"

Never even cracked a smile let alone a laugh

ReputationRep:
    Sexist much?

Racist much?

not really - I said you're only born with physical features and a basic instinct to survive, so people are not born gay, or straight, or bisexual or whatever

ReputationRep:
    I don't like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, or The Who.

ReputationRep:
    I wish killing people to better humanity was considered legit, it would save us a lot of idiots. First, I'd go for people assuming they are better than other people, example being racists, nazis, zionists, etc.

I hate todays society. The very people speaking of "equal rights" "be who you are" "everybody should be who they want to be" are the ones secretly judging every step you take and the first ones to shout it out.

I sound bitter, but I'm really not. I'm real peachy. Promise.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by LSeeber1)
    That's the one I agree with you the most. However, slightly different reasons..

I think it should be a test to see how fit you are to be a parent. Prevents useless teenagers having a child just cos they can't be bothered to put a condom on.

But also, some adults just shouldn't be parents either. People can barely look after themselves, let alone a child too.

One of my own is, although being gay isn't necessarily a choice, I think its wrong/unnatural. Got nothing against them and I don't discriminate, I just don't think it's normal. (I expect negs for that opinion)
    That is great and all but they can just go and have sex anyways. Think about it.
    If your a 15 year old considering unprotected sex, it is very unlikely that you will take the test or even give a **** about the results and have sex anyway.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CodeQ)
    I wish killing people to better humanity was considered legit, it would save us a lot of idiots. First, I'd go for people assuming they are better than other people, example being racists, nazis, zionists, etc.
    I sound bitter, but I'm really not. I'm real peachy. Promise.
    But the government will go mad with power like the Nazis did and kill anybody they fancy after a while and who would kill them? The Nazis couldn't be killed because they had to much power by the time France and Britain realized and then they were at war and killing Hitler would be seen as tyranny.

I see you point but logically it won't work I know you used the word "idiots" closely so let's use tyrant instead. Define tyrant. How long do they have to be that before we kill them? How long after this policy is introduced WW3 will start. I give it a few years, after America adopts this policy and goes all out on Asian and North East African tyrants.

Is the policy only for people in power. It sounds like the death penalty for politicians. The "Politician Penalty" no doubt if labour was in power Farage would be gone within a day.

This could start a dictatorship in the UK. At the moment if this was in place David Cameron could kill all opposing parties and say their campaigns were evil and destructive to society and kill anyone who opposes him.

I see your point but ... no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.