Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e hine e)
    I'm trying to write a personal statement :banghead:
    The evils of it! When I did mine I had about three other essays I needed to write so I asked to be able to hand them in later and they were just like "Lol Newp :awesome:"

Not so fun times.

But come to Manchester! We're awesome and we have a Chinatown with freakin' awesome bakeries :hubba:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Diety)
    Oh TLG always using that quote
    Don't know WHAT you mean :nah:

:ninja:

(Original post by Quornslice)
    I think the day TLG stops liking and using that saying is the day she becomes vegetarian :ninja:
    :eek:

(Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    That's going to stay with me for the rest of my life, isn't it? :sad:
    :yep: :console: :teehee:

:console:

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on mine as well :eek2:

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :eek:
    :ninja: :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Just been scouted by Durham's CU because they saw my Facebook profile says Anglican anyway, they didn't seem that pushy, and really backed off when I said I was just in the process of converting, but invited questions so I asked about whether they were just evangelical because I wasn't (I said more than that and in a nicer way ) should be interesting to see what their side of the story is; I even threw in something about their views on Catholics, just thought it would be interesting :ahee: I might actually try out the CU depending on the answers I get, and I'm pretty strong willed so hope I'll be able to shrug them off if they aren't for me.. That's the theory stay tuned

ReputationRep:
    If you want a template, I have a theology one that got me an offer from Cambridge (a former Cambridge interviewer taught me how to write it )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    The evils of it! When I did mine I had about three other essays I needed to write so I asked to be able to hand them in later and they were just like "Lol Newp :awesome:"

Not so fun times.

But come to Manchester! We're awesome and we have a Chinatown with freakin' awesome bakeries :hubba:
    Well you know how to tempt me...

I'm starting on mine as well :eek2:
    :five:

(Original post by Diety)
    If you want a template, I have a theology one that got me an offer from Cambridge (a former Cambridge interviewer taught me how to write it )
    A template would be really helpful! Although whether it would help me stop rambling in my first paragraph is another matter.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Diety)
    :puppyeyes:

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    :puppyeyes:

:teehee:
    Oh darn! I remember I was going to send it to you ages ago! Just going out fancy dress shopping with my little sister at the mo, but will PM both of you when I get back

ReputationRep:
    Prayers please. Slipped disc or two on my spine. I need the strength to phone the doctors tomorrow. Not liking how this has all come right before I'm back to lectures.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Diety)
    Oh darn! I remember I was going to send it to you ages ago! Just going out fancy dress shopping with my little sister at the mo, but will PM both of you when I get back

(Original post by FinnLassie)
    Prayers please. Slipped disc or two on my spine. I need the strength to phone the doctors tomorrow. Not liking how this has all come right before I'm back to lectures.
    :jumphug:

Praying. Try Alexander Technique for slipped discs, it's awesome :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Just been scouted by Durham's CU because they saw my Facebook profile says Anglican anyway, they didn't seem that pushy, and really backed off when I said I was just in the process of converting, but invited questions so I asked about whether they were just evangelical because I wasn't (I said more than that and in a nicer way ) should be interesting to see what their side of the story is; I even threw in something about their views on Catholics, just thought it would be interesting :ahee: I might actually try out the CU depending on the answers I get, and I'm pretty strong willed so hope I'll be able to shrug them off if they aren't for me.. That's the theory stay tuned
    Keep us updated

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Sounds horrible Finn, it's awful the way these things time themselves. Be praying and all the best! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Of course lovely. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :five:
    I have to write stuff about myself that's good, which is hard for me to do.

:jumphug: Of course hun, that sounds completely rubbish :/

ReputationRep:
    I have to write stuff about myself that's good, which is hard for me to do.
    You can do it. :hugs: And if you're struggling, I'll start listing your many many good qualities and make you listen to them. :yep: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    You can do it. :hugs: And if you're struggling, I'll start listing your many many good qualities and make you listen to them. :yep: :hugs:
    I probably can do it, but it'll just feel like i'm lying just to try and get in :/ :hugs:

Also PRSOM
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tasha96)
    You're still on PRSOM for me too :eek: :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yikes, sounds nasty. Praying, hun :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm incompetent, I just can't dial the number on my phone. :cry2:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm incompetent, I just can't dial the number on my phone. :cry2:
    :jumphug: Get d123 to help?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2018
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.