Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They January interview for undergrad so you could be called for interview in December for January

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Yeah i know there's really no point in trying to figure out how they're deciding but I just can't stop thinking about it Fingers crossed for after christmas though!
    Believe me, I know exactly how you feel, it's definitely easier said than done :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BAZ1NGA)
    I do think that the SJT banding has a part to play too, the majority of the people on the stalking page seemed to have band 1
    i dont think it's sjt.... i have band 1, ukcat 837.5, 9a stars.....

ReputationRep:
    It COULD be just random.

ReputationRep:
    I know this opinion has been criticised, but there is a possibility that they are inviting highest UKCAT scorers last. I know people with really high UKCAT scores (800+) have interviews but that may be because they also happen to have 10A*+ at GCSE.

I will put this theory to bed immediately if someone with greater than 800 ukcat and less than 10 a* has an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I know this opinion has been criticised, but there is a possibility that they are inviting highest UKCAT scorers last. I know people with really high UKCAT scores (800+) have interviews but that may be because they also happen to have 10A*+ at GCSE.

I will put this theory to bed immediately if someone with greater than 800 ukcat and less than 10 a* has an interview

I'm afraid I know someone in my year with 8A* 4A and 810 ukcat who has a December interview, so it isn't that straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soraia)
    I'm afraid I know someone in my year with 8A* 4A and 810 ukcat who has a December interview, so it isn't that straightforward.
    Hmm that's strange. In my year, there's a guy with 840 UKCAT and 9 A* who hasn't got an interview. I've also seen his PS and I remember being very impressed when I read it.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've come to the conclusion that it's completely random..

ReputationRep:
    As horrible as it sounds we will only know what the cutoffs are when the rejections roll out. Best we can do is check portal and hope, if you have other interviews focus on them because they may be your only shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocochannel1)
    I have 9a stars and 837.5 ukcat and no interview
    ohhh what about your alevels/predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Any international students with an interview date yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
    ohhh what about your alevels/predictions?
    AS level = aaaa A2 predictions = A*A*A*

ReputationRep:

I have 805 and 7a* and interview on the 18th....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone who has an interview got/predicted A*s at A level? (Just blue sky thinking here after exeters rejection)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittyallsop)
    I have 805 and 7a* and interview on the 18th....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My theory put to bed

Well done on the interview!!

ReputationRep:
    My theory put to bed

Well done on the interview!!
    Thanks, I really don't quite know how they are doing it though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Has everyone who has an interview got/predicted A*s at A level? (Just blue sky thinking here after exeters rejection)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm predicted AAAB, I really am clueless as to how they are allocating the interviews...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *in admissions office*
    "Hey you guys wanna start givin som more interviews?"
    "Not yet," *hits bong* "alright let's go"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocochannel1)
    AS level = aaaa A2 predictions = A*A*A*
    hmm maybe you're an anomaly! :P lol I seriously don't know how they're selecting for interviews now if people like you still haven't got one!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.