Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Essentially, is all we need to bring ourselves and photographic proof?

ReputationRep:
    i'm on 59/60 and i'm literally going out of my mind :mad:

finding it so hard to be patient!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether 57 will be enough for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the scoring system has changed from last year, or if the one they published last year is still in use? I figured with the increase in UKCAT average, they'd increase the scoring for the UKCAT section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic77)
    Ooh, where are you from? And which other unis have you applied to?
    I'm from Sri Lanka Aaand I applied to Cambridge, Queen's Belfast, Sheffield & Southampton for bio-med. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4evershinee)
    I'm from Sri Lanka Aaand I applied to Cambridge, Queen's Belfast, Sheffield & Southampton for bio-med. You?
    Ive applied to Birmingham, KCL, Manchester (huge mistake) aaand UCL for this bioprocessing course. I'm from Dubai!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on the 12th at 1.00, anyone else?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nivi96)
    I have an interview on the 12th at 1.00, anyone else?!
    Me nervous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any idea how they'll be testing written communication?

(Original post by annieyellow)
      Does anyone know if the scoring system has changed from last year, or if the one they published last year is still in use? I figured with the increase in UKCAT average, they'd increase the scoring for the UKCAT section.
      http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/msc...ug13incSJT.pdf

this is the one for this year

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Eden602)
      does anyone have any idea how they'll be testing written communication?
      Maybe they will ask us a question and then get us to write down our response? I can imagine this is will be a lot more difficult than verbally responding :/

ReputationRep:
      Hi all, I'm getting a little paranoid now,

When scoring our academics, they take AS grades into account by awarding another point for every A in 3 ASs (chem, bio and one other subject). My issue is that they have stated "Additional points will be available for applicants who include AS results on their UCAS application". On my UCAS application, I have only mentioned my grades in each module but not the overall AS grades or UMS. For one of my ASs, I have achieved aab for the 3 modules that it consists of. Will they assume that it's an A overall or discount it for being too vague? (yes, for that subject I did get an A for the AS but I'm worried that the uni may ignore it as it could have been a B if the aa modules were low As and the b module was a low B)
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mehhhh)
      Hi all, I'm getting a little paranoid now,

When scoring our academics, they take AS grades into account by awarding another point for every A in 3 ASs (chem, bio and one other subject). My issue is that they have stated "Additional points will be available for applicants who include AS results on their UCAS application". On my UCAS application, I have only mentioned my grades in each module but not the overall AS grades or UMS. For one of my ASs, I have achieved aab for the 3 modules that it consists of. Will they assume that it's an A overall or discount it for being too vague? (yes, for that subject I did get an A for the AS but I'm worried that the uni may ignore it as it could have been a B if the aa modules were low As and the b module was a low B)
      Hmmm they very well might have not given you those extra points then because they may have assumed it was an overall B and if there's an automated scoring process, with the overall grade box being empty, it may not have looked at the module grades.

Send an email asap!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Carrick666)
      Does anyone know whether 57 will be enough for an interview?
      I really hope so... I have 57 but it looks like no one has an interview with 57 yet!

ReputationRep:
      Do you reckon I can get an interview with a score of 52? Please be honest
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dr Mick)
      Do you reckon I can get an interview with a score of 52? Please be honest
      Highly unlikely I'm afraid. Last years cutoff was 57 (with the odd 56 getting an interview if they had a really good ps etc) and with an increased ukcat score it is unlikely to drop. Although they do look at lower scores occasionally it will probably be only a point below their cut off.

ReputationRep:
      Does anyone know of any resit applicants with interviews this year for leicester

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by medic77)
      Ive applied to Birmingham, KCL, Manchester (huge mistake) aaand UCL for this bioprocessing course. I'm from Dubai!
      Huge mistake? Why, may I ask?

ReputationRep:
      Hey , any internationals with interviews?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by unnati212)
      Yes, that's what everyone is saying.. where else have you applied?
      I've applied to Warwick, Keele and Leeds... not heard anything from any of them :/

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.