Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Points towards a lack of fitness and concentration. Both the manager and players responsible for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sannino supposedly has said somewhere the players were unfit when he arrived, yet they're still unfit it seems. Surely that should be his first concern when he came in if he spotted it... Last minute goals have been a common occurence since Hoofroyd left...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    bit of a dull game that. No idea what the ref was playing at - seemed to get every throw-in call wrong. Ponegbrynak should take a serious look at himself - falling over like a sack of spuds everytime a city player got within 5 yards - absolute disgrace.

Really need to work on defending set-pieces though - we're awful at them. Still - if anyone picks someone other than Mahrez as the best winger in the division they're wrong. Not an opinion, a fact. The boy is a cracker - far too good for this level, and probably higher than where we'll be at next season.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well Barnsley look like they're going to blow the Championship relegation battle wide open:

18 Birmingham 41 -10 43
    19 Doncaster 42 -26 43
    20 Blackpool 42 -26 42
    21 Charlton 41 -25 41
    22 Millwall 42 -30 40
    23 Barnsley 42 -27 39
    24 Yeovil 42 -25 36

Blackpool v Charlton on the final day could be very interesting.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    if Milll go down I will chortle with delight - Hollowhead is an absolute clown and I enjoy his failure.

ReputationRep:
    If Hollowhead goes down perhaps finally the belief he is a manager that can take any side out of this league will go. He did worse than Freedman at Palace last year and only got promoted due to Zaha and the awful Watford team in the playoff final. Giving Watford fans the V at the weekend, which is fair enough given the abuse he got, but to claim he hasn't done anything bad to Watford at all is crap. Aside from the month where he did nothing but talk and whine about us and the loan policy thing.

Also, L*ton are back in the Football League. Took them long enough.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I hope Blackpool get relegated for this alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I hope Blackpool get relegated for this alone.

If the whole Blackpool crowd don't break into song and sing this at this weekends game, I will be disappointed. I expect a Steve Claridge cover on the FLS also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)

Also, L*ton are back in the Football League. Took them long enough.
    I'm glad that I won't have to endure an away trip to Kenilworth Road next season! Two defeats in the play-off semi final to them didn't help either.

Would be amazing if Halifax secure a play-off spot. If they go up it would be their fourth promotion in five years. Great stuff for them just being where they are now though.

As for us, I'll be very happy for the final whistle to go next week to put an end to a disappointing season. But first we have the North Wales derby to get over with this weekend! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    I'm glad that I won't have to endure an away trip to Kenilworth Road next season! Two defeats in the play-off semi final to them didn't help either.

Would be amazing if Halifax secure a play-off spot. If they go up it would be their fourth promotion in five years. Great stuff for them just being where they are now though.

As for us, I'll be very happy for the final whistle to go next week to put an end to a disappointing season. But first we have the North Wales derby to get over with this weekend! :rolleyes:
    I'm not particularly looking forward to the matches against them and their fans... but I am lookng forward to the guaranteed 6 points We seem to have a bit of a curse over Luton.
    Not that any of that'll matter, as we'll be in League 1 anyway... (A man can dream, no?!)

Would be good to see Halifax in League 2 be nice to have another slightly more local club to face!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Looking forward to some Good Friday football
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Brentford finally promoted. Fully deserved.

ReputationRep:
    An interesting 4-2 win today, I would have put my house on us being mullered after we went down to ten men.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Unbelievable drama and scenes at the end there in League One, Wolves winning an insane game 6-4 over Rotherham and Brentford nearly having de ja vu missing a penalty but thankfully not mattering in the end. Currently watching Blackpool v Burnley now.

ReputationRep:
    This miserable season keeps getting worse. Nathan Delflouneso should be imprisoned for impersonating a footballer, bloody useless.

Meanwhile yet another tinpot (with all due respect) club in the shape of Brentford get promoted. Bah, humbug!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    An interesting 4-2 win today, I would have put my house on us being mullered after we went down to ten men.
    Please take David Prutton back, he is hopeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This miserable season keeps getting worse. Nathan Delflouneso should be imprisoned for impersonating a footballer, bloody useless.

Meanwhile yet another tinpot (with all due respect) club in the shape of Brentford get promoted. Bah, humbug!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I could have told you he is awful, I thought Heskey was bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I could have told you he is awful, I thought Heskey was bad!
    Was relegating us 13 years ago not enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Was relegating us 13 years ago not enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guess not
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Blackpool are woeful, Ince carrying them in the first 10 games is the only reason they aren't down yet. Still 2 points above the relegation zone with 4 games to play, and only 2 wins since November, they must fall surely?

ReputationRep:
    Please take David Prutton back, he is hopeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can imagine and i'm rather sorry. I'd be more worried about you signing him at the end of the season when his contract finishes with us.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.