Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Hopefully, we will have a new champion on Sunday. C'mon Nole!
    About time.

Time to prove he is a one of the GOAT.

ReputationRep:
    After seeing Nadal play like that, I struggle to see how Nole will take it from him on Sunday. We'll see though, I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal is a different animal at RG
    Even then Murray had 18 BP opportunities in 2011 and lesser opponents have managed to break Nadal in this tournament. Poor showing from Murray today no doubt

ReputationRep:
    I think Nadal hasn't been pushed much in this tournament with Ferrer coming closest but then folding later on and Murray not even turning up. Novak will undoubtedly test Rafa and needs to try and start fast to sow some seeds of doubt in Rafa's mind. I think it's 60-40 in Rafa's favour but you never know the colder conditions will play into Novak's hands. I at least hope the final won't be a let down like that poor excuse of a final

ReputationRep:
    Terrific performance from Rafa today, so good off the forehand and the serve was great. He'll need to play above this level against Djokovic.

Murray on the other hand was poor, especially off the return but to be honest he looked spent physically from spending so much longer on court than Rafa.

So excited for the final!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Terrific performance from Rafa today, so good off the forehand and the serve was great. He'll need to play above this level against Djokovic.

Murray on the other hand was poor, especially off the return but to be honest he looked spent physically from spending so much longer on court than Rafa.

So excited for the final!
    His fault for not winning matches faster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol 33)
    His fault for not winning matches faster
    No one said it wasn't...

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up-
    The legendary 2008 Wimbledon final btn rafa and fed is on tv at 11.20 on bbc 2 today
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very good final so far.

ReputationRep:
    Terrific final. Would love to see Halep make a comeback here but I don't see it happening now the way Sharapova is playing.

Regardless, this has been probably the best performance from a first time finalist on the women's side that I've ever seen. Just absolutely fearless to take that second set and I love that Halep is not intimidated by Sharapova, who should have been called for several time violations today, were the umpire not spineless.

ReputationRep:
    One of the best WTA matches that I've seen. So many twists & turn and brilliant performance from both competitors. And so happy that Maria won.

ReputationRep:
    Devastated for Halep. I hope she keeps on and makes more opportunities to win a Grand Slam, because she's such a talented player.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I have to say, that was for me quite possibly the best women's GS Final (or simply the best women's match) I have seen since Wimbledon 2005. Really happy for Sharapova, she really fought her way to the title.
    Halep no doubt will win multiple Grand Slams - to think that was just her first Final appearance!

ReputationRep:
    Good showing by Halep. Definitely didn't disappoint and she will win a GS very soon. So many twists and turns. I'll say it was definitely the best women's final at RG in years but the 2012 USOpen Final between Vika and Serena is still the best recent women's final for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wishing all luck to Novak tomorrow afternoon. It saddens me to know, that any Grand slam, still eludes the talents of this man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WitnessMO)
    Wishing all luck to Novak tomorrow afternoon. It saddens me to know, that any Grand slam, still eludes the talents of this man.
    Exactly how I feel, if it never happens he'll definitely be one of the best never to win it but I hope it does. I hope it's a good match from both men and that the best man wins!

ReputationRep:
    Nadal in 4 for me. Just got that hunch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.andymurray.com/news/andy-...-as-new-coach/

Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Mauresmo seems to be well respected as a coach among players - she's worked with both Azarenka and Bartoli, both of who have won slams.

I think having trepidation about former tennis players as coaches is pretty natural to be honest. Becker and Lendl, great players they were did not necessitate that they would have an impact on their charges. Lendl certainly did with Murray, so interested to see what Murray has seen in Mauresmo - she is a double slam winner as well remember.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the perfect playing conditions for Nadal at the moment. Rain is forecast in about three hours though so if he doesn't sew it up before then there may be reprisals.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.