The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
Does anyone know which is statistically the most competitive (for internships and FT): IB or S&T?

Most probably the T in S&T. S&T recruitment is heavily slanted towards Sales which is far easier to break into than Trading.
Original post by 123456jeje
Hi guys,

I'm going to UCL for Econ this September.
Is anyone here going to UCL so we can get to know and help eachother out in this IBanking stuff?

:biggrin:

Yo I'll be at UCL doing Engineering :biggrin:

I'm interested in all of this banking shizz too and might apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting my first year this year and my course has a placement year which means I will graduate in 2018. Do I have to apply this year or next year?
Original post by butterflyy
I'm starting my first year this year and my course has a placement year which means I will graduate in 2018. Do I have to apply this year or next year?

Next year apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we get a disclaimer to tell people they're not allowed to apply in the first year of a 4 year degree? Sick of answering that question now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 965
How's the RBS SJT?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Can we get a disclaimer to tell people they're not allowed to apply in the first year of a 4 year degree? Sick of answering that question now

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it's a definitely no to apply for SW and no point even applying for experience?

Or are you saying that cos it'll increase competition?

I've heard various things from various sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stickman
So it's a definitely no to apply for SW and no point even applying for experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you even talking about? He was saying that you can't apply for SWs in the first year of a four year degree, he's not just saying that to reduce competition, its because you physically can't.
Reply 968
Original post by President M.E.
Is asset management FO?

Yes - if you have any questions on AM shoot me a PM and I can give you more info on anything as it seems (from my experience at least) there's less info out there on grad roles/internships in AM compared to IB.
Original post by Stickman

Posted from TSR Mobile

On every SW application in existence for the 2015 season it will say 'you must be graduating in 2017'.

Hope this helps
8/12 on the practise numerical test :colondollar: boooo.

Lets hope the real one goes slightly better - wish me luck :h:
Reply 971
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back from RBS after the situational test?
Reply 972
Original post by CD315
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back from RBS after the situational test?

I was rejected quite quick lol, so like 4-5 days.
Original post by Szmessh

Sorry to hear that :/ have you heard outcomes from any other places?
Reply 974
Original post by Szmessh

Wow really? That's ridiculous. I absolutely hated the test.
BAML Numerical test, ohgod... didn't even get to finish :redface:
Reply 976
Haha yeah I mean I wouldn't have thought RBS can afford to be this picky, lol. Maybe the rejection is due to the fact I didn't bother uploading a cover letter or really give too much thought to their tests, but well I just really wanted to send this app to practice numerical tests real-time really, as it turns out its just situational or what..
Reply 977
Original post by justanothergirl4
BAML Numerical test, ohgod... didn't even get to finish :redface:

Story of my life I had to guess like 4 of them in the end too. Gotta continue practising
Original post by Szmessh
Story of my life I had to guess like 4 of them in the end too. Gotta continue practising

I left out 3 :colondollar: I didn't guess in case it brought down the average of my score! :confused:

oh well I suppose :tongue:
Reply 979
Original post by justanothergirl4
I left out 3 :colondollar: I didn't guess in case it brought down the average of my score! :confused:

oh well I suppose :tongue:

Would it really bring down your scores? I thought it's just about how many of the 20 you get right?

Latest

Trending

Trending