The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by ChrissyH
Oh my, I am sorry, I thought it was a koala pleasuring himself, I don't have my glasses on you see...(I'm short-sighted)

Bigger version :giggle:

Original post by Ami_
I feel like I'm gonna die...

To quote the famous philosopher Demetria Lovato, if I wasn't receiving my results via email "I think I'd have a heart attack".
Original post by Ami_
I feel like I'm gonna die...

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great!! :h:
Not long to go now, you'll know soon :smile: When you do, we'll all be here to help with any questions you might have :yes:
Reply 963
Original post by Memetics
So does that mean you can't buy your grades then? :smile:

I would like to settle this for good by explaining that I have never used the term 'buying grades'. Never implied it either.

Hard work and quality of teaching is a big thing, but nothing beats natural ability.
Oh my, I am sorry, I thought it was a koala pleasuring himself, I don't have my glasses on you see...(I'm short-sighted)

Surely if you're short-sighted you'd have no problem seeing the screen? That's long-sighted you're thinking of bro :wink: xoxo

I think the problem is much simpler. You have a dirty mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
Surely if you're short-sighted you'd have no problem seeing the screen? That's long-sighted you're thinking of bro :wink: xoxo

I think the problem is much simpler. You have a dirty mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually I do have trouble seeing the screen, sir. Don't try and play smart just because you're studying medicine, and you went to a private school, and you bought your grades. Can see why you're studying medicine rather than optometry. Hmmph!
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm not getting results - part of the team helping out! I'll be here all night and through the morning if you need any help!

What team? How to I join?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 967
To quote the famous philosopher Demetria Lovato, if I wasn't receiving my results via email "I think I'd have a heart attack".

I signed up for the text last year but since I have a new phone and because I didn't sign up for it... Bad mistake D:
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
What team? How to I join?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're all good for helping out now, but thanks for the offer. The team is a combination of staff at the towers, mods, and others in the support/volunteer teams, and a couple of others in a more official capacity of mySQA...
Actually I do have trouble seeing the screen, sir. Don't try and play smart just because you're studying medicine, and you went to a private school, and you bought your grades. Can see why you're studying medicine rather than optometry. Hmmph!

"A myopic person has clear vision when looking at objects close to them, but distant objects will appear blurred."

Unless you're browsing TSR on a projector screen, you are a dirty minded ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neuth
Bigger version :giggle:

Is that beast chewing...marijooana?
Reply 971
Original post by Gingerbread101
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great!! :h:
Not long to go now, you'll know soon :smile: When you do, we'll all be here to help with any questions you might have :yes:

Thanks, it's just the fact that they are my highers that are freaking me out :/ best of luck to you too if you are waiting on results too!
Original post by Asklepios
"A myopic person has clear vision when looking at objects close to them, but distant objects will appear blurred."

Unless you're browsing TSR on a projector screen, you are a dirty minded ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on reading some words and then copying them on a word processor. You're still wrong. #wasteddatprivateschooldolla
Original post by Ecasx
I would like to settle this for good by explaining that I have never used the term 'buying grades'. Never implied it either.

Hard work and quality of teaching is a big thing, but nothing beats natural ability.

So there's no way in which money in my possession can be given to someone else in exchange for a service which gives me a qualification?
Original post by Ami_
Thanks, it's just the fact that they are my highers that are freaking me out :/ best of luck to you too if you are waiting on results too!

Are you getting them via text/email or post?
Original post by mobbsy91
We're all good for helping out now, but thanks for the offer. The team is a combination of staff at the towers, mods, and others in the support/volunteer teams, and a couple of others in a more official capacity of mySQA...

It wasn't an offer; sorry my services are probably out of your price range

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ami_

I can imagine, best of luck anyway :h:
Thanks, but my results aren't out until 21st :smile:
Reply 977
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Why is dentistry your "back up?" It requires the same grades as medicine and is very often more competitive. You'll need big amounts of work experience (it's more work exp heavy) and to actually be interested in the subject. It looks to me as if you're not committed to this career. Are your parents telling you to make it your back up?

You're also wrong. I don't know one aspiring doctor who has dentistry as a fallback.

Oh, and please spell dentistry correctly if you do want to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no reason to get so angry. Firstly sorry for misspelling I type quickly on my phone bound to make a mistake. And no my parents did not tell me but on my request they have found stuff out for me through people my dad knows. And don't worry I have work experience part of it planned and almost at a stage where its sorted. And about it having the same requirement as medicine, ur right about Dundee where it is harder with 4A and B. But Glasgow (my home city) is 2 A and 2 B. I know most people will have 5As that apply but thus still proves u wrong.
And I know a lot of aspiring doctors that would consider dentistry as a back up. Besides why I want to do it is so I could potentially go on to become a surgeon or even possibly use it for postgraduate medicine. U should learn not to judge people so quickly- which I believe is an important quality for becoming a doctor, right? :smile:
Congrats on reading some words and then copying them on a word processor. You're still wrong. #wasteddatprivateschooldolla

Pfff. Just because your daddy doesn't love you :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't want the result to come. It means that the holidays are coming to a close end :frown: :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending