Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thanatv)
    I thought Cyprus would get it closer to £600? The total cost for that was £1410, so that would leave them £590, as opposed to £560 if they went to Paris. I could be wrong though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I got as well. Anyone to confirm this?

ReputationRep:
    I got Cyprus as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the child and adult bus price one......
    I couldn't figure out a logical answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luciiicaiii)
    If it implicitly included the costs of flights to Cyprus (because you could go by train/ferry or car) then it was definitely Cyprus at 1410, with Paris 1440, but it depends on whether they included the 390£ flights

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone choose essay 3 (child labour) and link it to economics and international relations as well as a bit of ethics, saying that the western nations should not refuse to trade with those countries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daltohn)
    It's a trivial problem but not sure that I was thinking clearly at that stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's on time. Train was 10 mins late, walking took her 15 mins more, finding the room took her 5 mins more, clock in room was 30mins slower. than her watch, which was 10 mins ahead of time.

The watch means that the train was not late, and the clock in the room is 20mins behind time.

She was 20mins late behind actual time so it all evens out to her arriving on time.

Anyway, i'm not too sure about the numbers but this should be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BanterTrain)
    I agree about the police force one, but one of the premises in the arnold conclusion was that he used his experience from terminator to support the purchasing of ebooks so i said that the assumption was that it assumes that Arnold would use his movie experiences in his policies or something like that?
    The passage did not say Arnold used his experience from terminator to support the purchasing of ebooks. I think it was pointing out a correlation. If I'm not wrong, the gist of the first few sentences are :

Arnold, popular for his role in the terminator movies, is proposing a high technology way of reading, which is the use of ebooks.

Heavily paraphrased, but the conclusion is that arnold is switching over to e books, reason being that they are cheaper and will balance the budget. This rests on the very reasonable assumption that e books will be cheaper than textbooks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkman94)
    It's on time. Train was 10 mins late, walking took her 15 mins more, finding the room took her 5 mins more, clock in room was 30mins slower. than her watch, which was 10 mins ahead of time.

The watch means that the train was not late, and the clock in the room is 20mins behind time.

She was 20mins late behind actual time so it all evens out to her arriving on time.

Anyway, i'm not too sure about the numbers but this should be it.
    The question asked for her timing based on the clock in the room, not actual time, though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faezior)

Alcohol and girls: More police are charging the girls for petty crime. This is because if this is true - i.e. that police used to let them go with just slaps on the wrist, but are actively prosecuting them now - then that would correctly account for the increase in crime rates by younger girls, not necessarily the increase in alcohol.

Yup, because if there are other reasons for the increase in petty crime rates besides alcohol, the argument, which argues that alcohol is the main cause, is pretty much weakened.

Library question: I felt this should be that "most people don't really go to the library to borrow books anymore".

If my memory serves my right, this question was asking about which information will strengthen the argument, which was that books reading is not a dying activity. The answer is the one that points out that books sales have been increasing, which suggest that book reading is actually increasing, supporting the main conclusion.

Bird seed: Math seemed to work out fine. It was a nice round number - 500g I think.

Yup it was 500g. 5000 Cal - 2500 Cal from the rest, then divided by 500cal/ 100g of sunflower seed
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Oh I made it 90 X 9 = 810, but I wasn't sure what it was! I think you're right with that one
    I'm not too sure about this... I think it got it wrong too.

What did people put for the octahedron?
    I Guessed E... A square mid section will have been impossible with the rest I think. But then again mine was a guess.

For the temperature Qn, I think the total was xx.29. Then divided by 5.

(Original post by Yii Yann)
    For the violent films question, was it "people can tell the difference between fact and fiction quite easily"...?
    The question was asking which information will weaken the main conclusion, which was that violent films are causing people to commit violent crimes. I felt that the statement which weakened the conclusion the most was the one stating that violent films have been around for quite some time. It therefore must be some other variable that has been causing the increase in crimes, given that this one is constant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    The question asked for her timing based on the clock in the room, not actual time, though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. So Actually she was 20 minutes late, but as the clock was 20 minutes slow, she was perceived to be on time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. So Actually she was 20 minutes late, but as the clock was 20 minutes slow, she was perceived to be on time.
    Hmm I guess I took it that since the clock was 30 minutes slow, she was 10 minutes early.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Hmm I guess I took it that since the clock was 30 minutes slow, she was 10 minutes early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The clock was 20 minutes slower than the actual time. I converted everything into the actual time.

Actual time: Train was not late, but finding and walking to the place took 20 mins.

Clock slower than her watch by 30minutes, watch faster than actual by 10 minutes, clock slower than actual time by 20mins

So basic arithmetic aside, she arrived on time.

I'm sorry for not explaining this as clearly as I could be... kinda tired now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember which letter they got for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    The clock was 20 minutes slower than the actual time. I converted everything into the actual time.

Actual time: Train was not late, but finding and walking to the place took 20 mins.

Clock slower than her watch by 30minutes, watch faster than actual by 10 minutes, clock slower than actual time by 20mins

So basic arithmetic aside, she arrived on time.

I'm sorry for not explaining this as clearly as I could be... kinda tired now
    Are you sure the qn said the clock was slower than her watch by 30 mins? I kinda remember it just saying its 30 mins slow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yii Yann)
    Are you sure the qn said the clock was slower than her watch by 30 mins? I kinda remember it just saying its 30 mins slow..
    Me too, did it really say anything about the clock in relation to her watch? Thought I read "30 min late" only

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it just said the clock was 30 minutes slow....

For the last question, if I remember correctly it was the canoeing one. Then the answer to that would be 216 - 36 = 180, if I did my sums right.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it just said the clock was 30 minutes slow....

For the last question, if I remember correctly it was the canoeing one. Then the answer to that would be 216 - 36 = 180, if I did my sums right.
    Yep 180 is right.

7 + 5 for two hours per person. 12 X 18 = 216. Since 18 people, three instructors at 6 pounds each per hour, for two hours = 36 pounds. 216 - 36 = 180.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone !

I have only one question : I'm french and don't know whether there are some books about the Oxford Interview...
    Can I have some help ?
    Thank you very much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ernstol)
    I thought the costs were somewhere around 1440 or so

(Original post by anonwinner)
    I remember 1440 too

(Original post by thanatv)
    I thought Cyprus would get it closer to £600? The total cost for that was £1410, so that would leave them £590, as opposed to £560 if they went to Paris. I could be wrong though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Luciiicaiii)

(Original post by David L 7)
    I got Cyprus as well.
    I got Cyprus I got 1410 too, I think I got another that was 1380 or something but obviously Cyprus was closer. Pretty sure it was right

ReputationRep:
    for the 2 children and adult bus price one, all together costing £1.20, HOW MUCH WAS THE AUDLT TICKET ALONE?? there is no answer........

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.