Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Imank01)
    We're continuing fron last year where we created an event for a company to promote a charity. It's so boring because we don't actually learn computer programming (which I would love to do) and we do things we already know how to.
    So you need to make flyers, posters, spreadsheets ect for it. Seems ok in terms of how projects go. :yep:

You'd prefer Computing then. Though I know most schools don't offer it at GCSE.

What are you wanting to do for your A-levels/for BTEC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    So you need to make flyers, posters, spreadsheets ect for it. Seems ok in terms of how projects go. :yep:

You'd prefer Computing then. Though I know most schools don't offer it at GCSE.

What are you wanting to do for your A-levels?
    The year 7s and onwards are starting computer science which is quite cool but we miss out on it

I'm thinking about doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and then either History or Physics. What about you?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    The year 7s and onwards are starting computer science which is quite cool but we miss out on it

I'm thinking about doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and then either History or Physics. What about you?
    I did pick computing for my GCSEs but there were only 4 of us who picked it so they cancelled it.

I'm doing my A2s at the moment. Doing Computing, Maths and Electronics. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    I did pick computing for my GCSEs but there were only 4 of us who picked it so they cancelled it.

I'm doing my A2s at the moment. Doing Computing, Maths and Electronics. :yep:
    Electronics seems cool what is it about? And is the jump from GCSE maths to a level as big as everyone says it is?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Electronics seems cool what is it about? And is the jump from GCSE maths to a level as big as everyone says it is?
    Components and different circuit system.

Amplifying audio, Simple Digital System, Pulses, Logic, Micro Controllers, Storing signals and counting pulses. All in the AS. Course work is nice too. :yep:

I did Add maths so had a intermediary which made doing C1 and C2 much easier. It is harder but not exactly a big step up if you listen and do the work required.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    You guys are being beaten badly by the Year 10's in terms of post counts...never seen that before. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    You guys are being beaten badly by the Year 10's in terms of post counts...never seen that before. :erm:
    We're too busy stressing about coursework, mocks, and beginning of term papers xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SampleX)
    We're too busy stressing about coursework, mocks, and beginning of term papers xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But even the Year 12's are beating you guys. Back in my days... :shakecane:

Maybe it just means you guys have more of a life or something :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    That we do! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why does art, photography, and performing arts have so much work.

music has loads too.

this year is gonna be hell interms of getting stuff done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitaristemily)
    why does art, photography, and performing arts have so much work.

music has loads too.

this year is gonna be hell interms of getting stuff done.
    I do art and music as well, I feel your pain

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Next year anyone planning to take geography a levels ? I'm not too sure, I want to but I have no idea how it will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    I do art and music as well, I feel your pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel all your pains. Music is slowly killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're continuing fron last year where we created an event for a company to promote a charity. It's so boring because we don't actually learn computer programming (which I would love to do) and we do things we already know how to.
    Trust me, I took computing and it's not as good as everyone says it is. The coursework is really hard and annoying - coding itself is pretty fun, but writing a whole document about what you did (which takes about 80% of the time) is just crap and takes hours on top of hours.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by frostyy)
    Trust me, I took computing and it's not as good as everyone says it is. The coursework is really hard and annoying - coding itself is pretty fun, but writing a whole document about what you did (which takes about 80% of the time) is just crap and takes hours on top of hours.
    I couldn't have said it better. If we only had to code the system it'd be so much better.

ReputationRep:
    french

ReputationRep:
    Art D:

On the brightside though, I got an A in my maths GCSE
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Oceansandpearls)
    Art D:

On the brightside though, I got an A in my maths GCSE
    Well done. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Next year anyone planning to take geography a levels ? I'm not too sure, I want to but I have no idea how it will be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me! I'm in love with geography and for me it comes easily. I've spoken to some older people who took geography A Level and they've said there's no better subject to prepare you for university and all of them really enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by usycool1)
    But even the Year 12's are beating you guys. Back in my days... :shakecane:

Maybe it just means you guys have more of a life or something :dontknow:
    What you trying to say?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.