Turn on thread page Beta

The Liverpool FC Thread XII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    The 'banter' level on here is appalling
    It's all luke vs tom standard...
    If you fall to that level, you know it's bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Clearly bull****
    Bar goalkeeper, Eriksen and Sandro Liverpool are better than Spurs in every position. Not really an argument to be made here personally.

Liverpool need to just avoid losing tbh. They were unlucky against City tbh. I think they should put Can in and keep the 4-3-3. Match Spurs with their pace and power. Can, Gerrard and Henderson can match most teams physically. Coutinho should be dropped and Sturridge goes onto the wing.

Coutinho is not great on the wing, just ends up cutting in and shooting which he's not good at and he doesn't track his man enough, hence Liverpool getting raided on Moreno's side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Bar goalkeeper, Eriksen and Sandro Liverpool are better than Spurs in every position. Not really an argument to be made here personally.

Liverpool need to just avoid losing tbh. They were unlucky against City tbh. I think they should put Can in and keep the 4-3-3. Match Spurs with their pace and power. Can, Gerrard and Henderson can match most teams physically. Coutinho should be dropped and Sturridge goes onto the wing.

Coutinho is not great on the wing, just ends up cutting in and shooting which he's not good at and he doesn't track his man enough, hence Liverpool getting raided on Moreno's side.
    I agree - city are a level above us, but we're a level above spurs.

Even though we're away, I would be severely disappointed with anything less than a win.
    It won't be an easy game, but it should still be a game we're winning.

6 points from soton, city and spurs is actually an solid return.
    4 points isn't too good though.
    3 points is a disaster - almost united standard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    It's all luke vs tom standard...
    If you fall to that level, you know it's bad.
    Luke, please shut up

ReputationRep:
    Luke, please shut up
    Ignore list me, retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Ignore list me, retard.
    Reported

ReputationRep:
    Would it have been better if we just played on the counter? We tried to play our way through a deep Man City defence but lacked any cutting edge and we ended up getting countered.

ReputationRep:
    You know your ****ed when your own fans take the piss out of you 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BAlotelliiiii!!

ReputationRep:
    Reported
    Just ignore him like I do?

Lucio ain't listened to fallen acorns advice. Aka don't be a ***** ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Would it have been better if we just played on the counter? We tried to play our way through a deep Man City defence but lacked any cutting edge and we ended up getting countered.
    Initially you weren't too far up though. You started solidly. But yeah beating city just requires work rate and strength. Whoever has higher work rate and energy wins that game. That's what they struggle against. Work rate and pace. Whether it's by playing high up and attacking football or sitting deep, narrowing the space that Silva and Nasri get and hitting on the counter it still works.

This is why I feel Can should have played instead of Allen. Gerrard is undroppable but Can has a more physical presence.

ReputationRep:
    Initially you weren't too far up though. You started solidly. But yeah beating city just requires work rate and strength. Whoever has higher work rate and energy wins that game. That's what they struggle against. Work rate and pace. Whether it's by playing high up and attacking football or sitting deep, narrowing the space that Silva and Nasri get and hitting on the counter it still works.

This is why I feel Can should have played instead of Allen. Gerrard is undroppable but Can has a more physical presence.
    I guess it's one of those ones where you can discuss tactics, formations and starting line up but you just have to accept that the opposing team were just better really.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it okay for Luke (or Lucio) to be attacked but not the other way round? I'm sensing double standards....
    No double standards.

If I'm chatting rubbish or getting annoyed I've always said that I'll take an argument. Look at how many arguments I had with SUG and Tom when it got to title crunch time e.g.

More the whole he tried to be a nice guy and obviously it felt fake to this forum, honestly if Luke just carried on and put the likes of Butty and Tom on ignore, rather than just putting in remarks then acting like he's a victim this wouldn't have happened. Plus also the backhanded *****ing to people when they're not there, he knows what I mean by this.

Fallen Acorns e.g. is a nice person but will destroy people in arguments, won't take nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's one of those ones where you can discuss tactics, formations and starting line up but you just have to accept that the opposing team were just better really.
    Yeah. You didn't have the team. With Fernando they also helped that space they leave last season between CMs and CBs. Tbh they've essentially completed their team. Lack a bit of pace on the left and work rate but they're as good as anybody now. Would get destroyed by Madrid, Barca, Bayern or Atlético though for different reasons.

ReputationRep:
    No double standards.

If I'm chatting rubbish or getting annoyed I've always said that I'll take an argument. Look at how many arguments I had with SUG and Tom when it got to title crunch time e.g.

More the whole he tried to be a nice guy and obviously it felt fake to this forum, honestly if Luke just carried on and put the likes of Butty and Tom on ignore, rather than just putting in remarks then acting like he's a victim this wouldn't have happened. Plus also the backhanded *****ing to people when they're not there, he knows what I mean by this.

Fallen Acorns e.g. is a nice person but will destroy people in arguments, won't take nonsense.
    The bold bit, 100% agree.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. You didn't have the team. With Fernando they also helped that space they leave last season between CMs and CBs. Tbh they've essentially completed their team. Lack a bit of pace on the left and work rate but they're as good as anybody now. Would get destroyed by Madrid, Barca, Bayern or Atlético though for different reasons.
    Hmm, I think Man City have a good chance against the big ones (Madrid, Barca etc.) if they actually get their tactics right. They just lack that experience against teams better than them as they are so used to being the dominant and better team in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord someone.

ReputationRep:
    Seems order has been restored.

ReputationRep:
    Also regardless of what anyone thinks of Ricky, he's made a massive impact so far.

We switch to two striker formation against them and Ricky has a hand in the build up to the winner against Soton (a game we probably deserved to lose, or at least draw).

Then last night as well he creates space for Sturridge and has the 'assist' for the goal.

And this is with him playing massively short of confidence, overawed and with an inferiority complex. When he's at full fitness and full confidence he'll be an excellent plan B, which is what we bought him to be.

ReputationRep:
    Also regardless of what anyone thinks of Ricky, he's made a massive impact so far.

We switch to two striker formation against them and Ricky has a hand in the build up to the winner against Soton (a game we probably deserved to lose, or at least draw).

Then last night as well he creates space for Sturridge and has the 'assist' for the goal.

And this is with him playing massively short of confidence, overawed and with an inferiority complex. When he's at full fitness and full confidence he'll be an excellent plan B, which is what we bought him to be.
    i agree - i haven't seen the highlights from last night, but from what i heard he has done exactly what he brought him in to do.
    people laughed when we signed him, but this guy cost 4m(?) and is a great alternative to have for us in games against defences that can negate our regular attacking style.

obviously i have my own personal bias towards him but i'm really happy for the guy.
    wasn't great pre-season but if he carries on giving us a late goals/assists here and there, he'll pay for himself in no time.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.