The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
:awesome:

How competitive was it? I'ved applied for the CDT in Fluid Dynamics which has also just begun too
It was very competitive, for example, about 5 from my course applied, but I was the only one who got an offer. Even though they're all first class students! They didn't pick according to results. that came after the interview, and whether or not they gave a condition.

But basically, if you get an interview, really work on how to be yourself. Enjoy the moment and give it all you got. Impress them with your projects and what you've achieved but at the same time be as down to earth as you can be. I can guarantee you that you will get a place, if you do this in the interview, cos not only do you meet the requirements, but you've also got experience.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
It was very competitive, for example, about 5 from my course applied, but I was the only one who got an offer. Even though they're all first class students! They didn't pick according to results. that came after the interview, and whether or not they gave a condition.

But basically, if you get an interview, really work on how to be yourself. Enjoy the moment and give it all you got. Impress them with your projects and what you've achieved but at the same time be as down to earth as you can be. I can guarantee you that you will get a place, if you do this in the interview, cos not only do you meet the requirements, but you've also got experience.
So did they all get interviews then? What did you demonstrate that gave you the offer? I'm hoping my personality really does shine through though :eek:
MyName??!
Rep:
?
So did they all get interviews then? What did you demonstrate that gave you the offer? I'm hoping my personality really does shine through though :eek:
Mhmm we all got interviewed. On the day, we were all after each other. And I really don't know! I thought I wouldn't get a chance especially if they were considering the rest of my course mates. But after the interview, my course director kept telling me how the panel were impressed with me, and that I did well. Literally, I was like :lolwut: and that he must've mistaken me with someone else..
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mhmm we all got interviewed. On the day, we were all after each other. And I really don't know! I thought I wouldn't get a chance especially if they were considering the rest of my course mates. But after the interview, my course director kept telling me how the panel were impressed with me, and that I did well. Literally, I was like :lolwut: and that he must've mistaken me with someone else..
Clearly you really impressed them that day I really really hope that I get it :moon:

Did you have any lab experience before?
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Antifazian)
x
Express Entry is live now: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ress-entry.asp
Thought I'd might share so you can inform yourself!
don't think I'll be a high ranking candidate, though.. I need to get some proper long-term work experience first :sad:
MyName??!
Rep:
?
Clearly you really impressed them that day I really really hope that I get it :moon:

Did you have any lab experience before?

I know you will. Best wishes all the way!!

And yeah, all three years.. but that doesnt necessarily have to play a role in whether you get an offer or not.
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
guys im still hungover what do i do

i fell outside the club and faceplanted and hit my head off the pavement. i now have a cut on my forehead. classy.

i feel like death. still.

why.

also some guy from my school has been talking to me and a few guys are sort of hinting they maybe like me a bit and im not ready for this but it makes me feel better about assface, but also worse because im so scared guys are gonna do the same thing.

i need to find a mark darcy (watched bridget jones earlier and i love him so much, he's a dote).

oh and i didnt see assface last night so my night wasn't ruined, and i got to pull a fairly nice looking lad with muscle. then ran away because his stubble was hurting my face after 3 songs worth of kissing...

im gonna go sleep now. bye bye.

ps: hope your new year'sssss were fabulous. work starts tomorrow. no more alcohol, geeky times. neeeh.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sleeping pattern is ****ed :erm: one of the things I hate about being ill ... In addition, imperial application has had no budge so need to crack on with that. Going out for wine "today" though

(Original post by snailsareslimy)
guys im still hungover what do i do

i fell outside the club and faceplanted and hit my head off the pavement. i now have a cut on my forehead. classy.

i feel like death. still.

why.

also some guy from my school has been talking to me and a few guys are sort of hinting they maybe like me a bit and im not ready for this but it makes me feel better about assface, but also worse because im so scared guys are gonna do the same thing.

i need to find a mark darcy (watched bridget jones earlier and i love him so much, he's a dote).

oh and i didnt see assface last night so my night wasn't ruined, and i got to pull a fairly nice looking lad with muscle. then ran away because his stubble was hurting my face after 3 songs worth of kissing...

im gonna go sleep now. bye bye.

ps: hope your new year'sssss were fabulous. work starts tomorrow. no more alcohol, geeky times. neeeh.
:hugs: I think if we all found a mark Darcy the world will be filled with happier people. In addition, :hugs: about the faceplant. Glad assface wasn't there :hugs:
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sleeping pattern is ****ed :erm: one of the things I hate about being ill ... In addition, imperial application has had no budge so need to crack on with that. Going out for wine "today" though

:hugs: I think if we all found a mark Darcy the world will be filled with happier people. In addition, :hugs: about the faceplant. Glad assface wasn't there :hugs:
gonna watch the first bridget jones film now and cry about how i want a man like him. (second one was on tv).

thanks pet <3 hope you're feeling better soon!
*Thedreaming*
Badges: 17
Report 4 years ago
i need a first in two of these exams.
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Express Entry is live now: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ress-entry.asp
Thought I'd might share so you can inform yourself!
don't think I'll be a high ranking candidate, though.. I need to get some proper long-term work experience first :sad:
Ooh thank you, that's so exciting! Is the idea that you get entry first and then apply for jobs, or is it like the Australia system where you need to be sponsored?

Not sure if I would be high ranking either. I have a few years' work experience, but in bars, shops and office jobs, not graduate ones
rkhan57
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Maybe look through all of your notes to make sure you can pick everything up again next week?
You're so lucky!
I am starting uni in September and scared about all exams being in summer...
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Antifazian)
Ooh thank you, that's so exciting! Is the idea that you get entry first and then apply for jobs, or is it like the Australia system where you need to be sponsored?

Not sure if I would be high ranking either. I have a few years' work experience, but in bars, shops and office jobs, not graduate ones
I think this is solely for applying for permanent residency. You can have a job offer, but don't need to (although it'd be beneficial if you did, because you'd get points for that) and then if you rank high enough you get invited to apply for permanent residency.. It's all on that page!
I'm wondering if everyone needs to prove their language skills..
Add!ction
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Go go go! you can do this :dumbells:
Thank you, I'm going to start it today. Riiiiight after I've been shopping :P
venuswaltz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh gosh I haven't been on here in ages! How is everyone doing?? Recovered from New Years yet?

I haven't done any work for weeks now. I have an essay due on 12th and exam on 13th and then dissertation 2000+ words on 19th. Arghhhhhhhhhhh.
MyName??!
Rep:
?
gurgle gurgle gurgle :colone:
snailsareslimy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Work do tonight (yep, I was asked to come despite quitting weeks ago!)

Not drinking, wouldn't feel safe doing it where ******* is gonna be. Plus, uni work and all that.

Also trust me to want to change what essay q I'm doing for medieval... now. FML.
username197472
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
Work do tonight (yep, I was asked to come despite quitting weeks ago!)

Not drinking, wouldn't feel safe doing it where ******* is gonna be. Plus, uni work and all that.

Also trust me to want to change what essay q I'm doing for medieval... now. FML.
Go and have fun. You're obviously a well respected asset.

--------------
I am going to try and muster effort for subtle editing of lit review. I need to email it to my supervisor by Tuesday and haven't really worked on it.

I also have to design a questionnaire. I am going to try and treat my dissertation as a full time job any day I'm not working :cool: we'll see how that goes.
Silence_Will_Fal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exams in a week and a half - and I have done no studying for them whatsoever :/ Lost all motivation - you'd think in final year I'd get my arse into gear and get my degree but no I just cannot be bothered anymore!

I don't even know what to do :/ Don't get me wrong I want to pass and get a 2:1 but the pressure of failing and disappointing my parents is weighing me down to the point that I know I'm not going to pass these exams and loosing all motivation to study
username197472
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Silence_Will_Fal)
Exams in a week and a half - and I have done no studying for them whatsoever :/ Lost all motivation - you'd think in final year I'd get my arse into gear and get my degree but no I just cannot be bothered anymore!

I don't even know what to do :/ Don't get me wrong I want to pass and get a 2:1 but the pressure of failing and disappointing my parents is weighing me down to the point that I know I'm not going to pass these exams and loosing all motivation to study
Keep at at a week and half is still quite a bit. Look at past papers. Start tonight rather than putting it off and procrastinating/worrying until tomorrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (474)
38.16%
No - but I will (95)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (87)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (586)
47.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed