Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can you change to Computer Science with Mathematics after getting accepted if you applied for Computer Science with Natural Sciences?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=programmer
    Maybe. But compsci with maths and that do step. Email and ask is my feeling.

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experience with writing and asking the college permission to not take some of the exams they had listed on the SAQ? I'm doing a Maths A level and had listed that on top of this I was going to do FP1 and FP2, but know, due to teaching problems (teacher is going to be absent for 7 weeks) and other things I'm doubting this decision.

These extra two modules don't form part of my offer. Would they be likely to allow me to not sit the exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    Has anyone had any experience with writing and asking the college permission to not take some of the exams they had listed on the SAQ? I'm doing a Maths A level and had listed that on top of this I was going to do FP1 and FP2, but know, due to teaching problems (teacher is going to be absent for 7 weeks) and other things I'm doubting this decision.

These extra two modules don't form part of my offer. Would they be likely to allow me to not sit the exams?
    Yh email them. I had my further additional maths AS dropped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Yh email them. I had my further additional maths AS dropped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooooh this sounds hopeful. Thanks! Should I explain my reasons or just ask straight out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Pretty sure it is

AC... I bought Unity, haven't even played it I've not played in over a month

It's been on standby for that long on accident lol
    I haven't played for a while but completed it tho

It's work time for me which means revision and fifa breaks only

ReputationRep:
    That's literally 6 a week wtf

How long are said essays
    Take me around 20 mins each, some more some less. I don't think I'll do 120 because I have to factor in English essays as well so I can't spend my entire time on Econ. I will aim for 40+. I need these A*s maaaaan. It's good prep for Cambridge anyway, expected to do 1-2 huge essays a week of the highest standard :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Take me around 20 mins each, some more some less. I don't think I'll do 120 because I have to factor in English essays as well so I can't spend my entire time on Econ. I will aim for 40+. I need these A*s maaaaan. It's good prep for Cambridge anyway, expected to do 1-2 huge essays a week of the highest standard :/
    Meh that's why you should have j chosen sciences. Ezzzzzzzz

Or j done maths, Further Maths and additional further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Econ essays aren't really essays compared to those from other subjects - you can fill them with lots of diagrams! I forget about my other subjects sometimes as well - it's quite tempting to do lots more econ than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I haven't played for a while but completed it tho

It's work time for me which means revision and fifa breaks only
    I basically play fifa and ac lol .

The most important question is playstation or xbox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardude8)
    Yeah in any subject but maths. Emmanuel looks awesome so well done!

I know I need to get started on some serious revision. I'm trying for all A*s too, in the hope that I get one!

What's your exam board? I do AQA econ and last I did all the past paper questions, so I probably will have to do a similar amount of econ essays. Doable depends on your essay writing speed - but I'm sure your english essays are harder and longer than the econ essays so you'll be able to do it.
    Need them A*s

Yeah I'm AQA, did quite well last year Conned the exam board as usual.

I was going to suggest a thread/group chat with econ offer holders so we could ask each other questions and share revision tips and things. Since we're all no longer competing against each other it may be beneficial to all

ReputationRep:
    Meh that's why you should have j chosen sciences. Ezzzzzzzz

Or j done maths, Further Maths and additional further maths
    Allow that many exams tho, fm is a pain because I finish the modules and forget them and have to keep going over and over again. Im just hoping I'll peak around exam time.

Plus sciences have those awful coursework pieces - conned out of a good ums last year because of it

ReputationRep:
    I basically play fifa and ac lol .

The most important question is playstation or xbox?
    Ps4 you?

Be cool to speak to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Allow that many exams tho, fm is a pain because I finish the modules and forget them and have to keep going over and over again. Im just hoping I'll peak around exam time.

Plus sciences have those awful coursework pieces - conned out of a good ums last year because of it
    ****ing physics coursework. Waste of marks honestly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Need them A*s

Yeah I'm AQA, did quite well last year Conned the exam board as usual.

I was going to suggest a thread/group chat with econ offer holders so we could ask each other questions and share revision tips and things. Since we're all no longer competing against each other it may be beneficial to all
    I did well too - not sure quite how though - I didn't think the exams had gone well at all!

I agree with you, it would probably be very helpful, although I'm useless with tech/IT, so I wouldn't know how to set up a chat. I've seen a few other econ offer holders around so it sounds good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Yeah but you don't forget maths, if you understand it properly, you can go into an exam blind and work from first principles ish. Like we've done FP1/2 and M2 now, but hoping I can j go in there and do exams now

Yeah, but only worth 20%...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    Ooooh this sounds hopeful. Thanks! Should I explain my reasons or just ask straight out?
    I just explained the uselessness of sitting some extra exams ontop of my 3 STEP exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Ps4 you?

Be cool to speak to you all
    Usually when I ask that question, the answer is some form of xbox. A fellow PS4 user - nice I've gotta give you a game on fifa right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you don't forget maths, if you understand it properly, you can go into an exam blind and work from first principles ish. Like we've done FP1/2 and M2 now, but hoping I can j go in there and do exams now

Yeah, but only worth 20%...
    If you understand it properly... it normally takes me until near the exam before I feel I understand it well enough.

Chemistry coursework :mad:- some say it's meant to be easier but I so prefer exams.

ReputationRep:
    If you understand it properly... it normally takes me until near the exam before I feel I understand it well enough.

Chemistry coursework :mad:- some say it's meant to be easier but I so prefer exams.
    Yeah but fm isn't exactly hard stuff, but each to their own

Lol I hate chem cw, it's ridiculous. I prefer exams too

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.