Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost88)
    Agreed, that was a lot better than I thought it would go.
    yes same! and I compared to quickdraw. sadly didn't have time for a conclusion though I'm confused though now people are saying the unseen was about love for her child? I didn't get that hahaha
    the sister maude Q was hard- my friend compared it to brothers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoomCha!)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, just done the exam and I have to say it was actually really easy. I did the "Manhunt" question for relationships (not sure who on Earth would have done the other.) The unseen was also easy!
    I did 'Sister Maude' aha, I compared it to 'Nettles'. At first I was struggling to find issues of trust with in 'Nettles' but eventually I crafted my essay around the lack of trust that the after has for the rest of the world looking after his son as a direct consequence of what the nettles had done. To explore this I looked at the regular rhyme sheme (abab) and how it was all monosyllabic and masculine "bed/shed" and this, for me, created a very ordered and controlled environment, illustrate how protective the father was, I basically just said that this protectiveness comes from the love for the child as well as from the lack of trust that the father feels now. There was other stuff too, but can't remember. I think 'Sister Maude' is pretty obvious in regards to trust in the relationship, lots of imagery and structure to be discussed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neza99)
    Anyone talk about the repetition of 'life is now better then before' at the end of each stanza?
    yes! I made the point that by repeating it she is making it the main focus of the poem, deterring the readers away from focusing on the negatives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE student 1)
    I did 'Sister Maude' aha, I compared it to 'Nettles'. At first I was struggling to find issues of trust with in 'Nettles' but eventually I crafted my essay around the lack of trust that the after has for the rest of the world looking after his son as a direct consequence of what the nettles had done. To explore this I looked at the regular rhyme sheme (abab) and how it was all monosyllabic and masculine "bed/shed" and this, for me, created a very ordered and controlled environment, illustrate how protective the father was, I basically just said that this protectiveness comes from the love for the child as well as from the lack of trust that the father feels now. There was other stuff too, but can't remember. I think 'Sister Maude' is pretty obvious in regards to trust in the relationship, lots of imagery and structure to be discussed.
    That's a really good comparison- and out of the box too which is good! I just saw the sister Maude Q and I was like wtff no way hahahha
    I was hoping for a coy mistress question but AQA just like to **** wit us so they didn't put it on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Anyone else do the My Last Duchess question? I compared it to Ozymandias.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did it, yes I compared it to ozymandias as well and talked about how both have pride/arrogance

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned in the unseen poetry how the parataxis within all 3 stanzas causes the tone of the poem to feel very fast-paced and rushed showing how she's excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy6785)
    That's a really good comparison- and out of the box too which is good! I just saw the sister Maude Q and I was like wtff no way hahahha
    I was hoping for a coy mistress question but AQA just like to **** wit us so they didn't put it on there
    I was hoping for THCM too. I was going to plan it to sonnet 116 or hour depending on the question. Oh well, it's done now...the long wait for 21st august will begin soon ahah

ReputationRep:
    I compared Sister Maude with to His Coy Mistress. It was quite a gamble for me and a very unusual comparison but I hope that's okay.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE student 1)
    I was hoping for THCM too. I was going to plan it to sonnet 116 or hour depending on the question. Oh well, it's done now...the long wait for 21st august will begin soon ahah
    yes same! hour and THCM is the perfect comparison! I'm just stressing out for the english language paper now uuurgghh z

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Anyone else do the My Last Duchess question? I compared it to Ozymandias.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The River God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JR57)
    The River God
    i did checking out me history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleonezz)
    That's exactly what I put !!
    Except for child part
    I never actually stated it as fact but I inferred.

ReputationRep:
    for conflict for mametz wood I just wrote about effects of conflict and compared it to futility, completely misread the question and didn't mention place. Will I get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    FOR CONFLICT I DID IT WITH FALLING LEAVES IT WAS SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO LINK IT WITH PLACE ****S SAKE AQA WHY YOU DOING THIS TO ME.

Though unseen was a bless

ReputationRep:
    What poems did people compare Brendan Gallacher with?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone compare Sister Maude with Brothers?
    I would have chosen Manhunt but sadly, it was the one poem I didn't actually revise. Sister Maude I wasn't too confident with either as I'd mainly prepared for a THCM/Hour comparison. Panicking over here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stows66)
    What poems did people compare Brendan Gallacher with?
    I compared it with Give.

ReputationRep:
    i wrote the unseen was unrequited love... do you think that'll be right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinnerwithdahmer)
    Did anyone compare Sister Maude with Brothers?
    I would have chosen Manhunt but sadly, it was the one poem I didn't actually revise. Sister Maude I wasn't too confident with either as I'd mainly prepared for a THCM/Hour comparison. Panicking over here.
    I did brothers and sister maude as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmisfortunes)
    I did brothers and sister maude as well
    That's reassuring!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.