Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Remember a story once about Bergkamp having a bit of a fit at Wenger for dropping him. Wenger cited the statistics from the player data software to justify the drop. If the guy can drop the Ice Man like that...

Can just imagine Arsene looking at his computer screen and saying "Computer says noooo".

ReputationRep:
    Gundogan lost his weight in the summer though. He was only a porker when he was injured. This was prior to the start of the season.

Hazard is usually a porker for some reason during pre season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    ^ Tbh it just goes to show how good Arsene Wenger is in regards to losing star players season after season and yet consistently finishing in the top 4.
    (Original post by AR_95)

Utter madness. Feel so sorry for them
    Don't give a ****. Thought Dortmund will be done by now anyway. They're a completely different team in the CL which is what I don't get. I don't know how they will fare against Juventus. Logic tends to Juve getting through but BVB are that team capable of a big game performance. Don't see why Arsenal should go for Hummels, a slow player in a high line suicidal system that's reliant on the keeper filling space as a sweeper keeper. Neuer made Hummels have a great world cup, much like De Gea is making these United defenders not concede.

Brb BVB get to CL final.
    Brb BVB get relegated as well.
    Strong everything.

ReputationRep:
    No Alexis for Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    No Alexis for Saturday.
    When one comes, another goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Would rather him skip it if it prevents an injury tbh. He's training, lightly. He should be available for Tuesday.

We can take um on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Coq
    Walcott Ramsey Cazorla Ozil
    Giroud

Rosicky on for Ramsey/Ozil, and OX on for Walcott in the second half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I'm pretty sure they injure players on purpose in order to keep themselves busy.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else slightly forgotten Welbz or is it just me? Also anyone see yesterdays game where the fans confronted their BVB team upon their loss to Augsburg? Pretty emotional

ReputationRep:
    Should Rosicky start vs Spurs? He has an impressive record against them

ReputationRep:
    no sanchez? hmm.. in that case I may revise my prediction of us destroying them, to just us beating them..

Also, sanchez out longer then we thought? shock. expect him not to be back next week, with an anouncement of antoher 4 week break etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Should Rosicky start vs Spurs? He has an impressive record against them
    who would you drop for him?

I am not sure.. I kind of feel like when you go and win 5-0.. unless there is an injury, you dont change often need to change anything for the next game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Makes you think where Arsenal would be nowadays if it wasn't for Wenger. How many other managers would have been able to keep Arsenal at the top end of the table if they had to play the likes of Almunia, Denilson, Eboue and Bendtner every week.
    Try explaining that to the #VengahOut mob.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure they injure players on purpose in order to keep themselves busy.
    We have so many quality players that it would be unethical to have an all fit Arsenal squad. So many players won't even get a chance.

Purely strategic imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Makes you think where Arsenal would be nowadays if it wasn't for Wenger. How many other managers would have been able to keep Arsenal at the top end of the table if they had to play the likes of Almunia, Denilson, Eboue and Bendtner every week.
    Also in that list Stepanov, Squillaci probabily Francis Jeffers aswell.

What makes it worse is that in that Dortmund squad they have some world-class players Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Aubameyang immobile etc... Champions league stardom but then suffer a defeat like that to Augsburg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    who would you drop for him?

I am not sure.. I kind of feel like when you go and win 5-0.. unless there is an injury, you dont change often need to change anything for the next game.
    You can drop Ramsey. I'm sure he can play there. We beat Villa 5-0 yeah but Villa are a joke team tbh. He did save us last time at WHL we didn't play well but won because of that amazing goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We have so many quality players that it would be unethical to have an all fit Arsenal squad. So many players won't even get a chance.

Purely strategic imo

In all fairness, Alexis needs a rest. He played 50 odd games for Barca, had a decent World Cup, and has played all but two or three games for us this season.

But I agree with what you say: have fun trying to fit Alexis, Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Rosicky and OX in our XI when they're all fit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Also in that list Stepanov, Squillaci probabily Francis Jeffers aswell.

What makes it worse is that in that Dortmund squad they have some world-class players Hummels, Gundogan, Reus, Aubameyang immobile etc... Champions league stardom but then suffer a defeat like that to Augsburg
    I haven't watched much of BVB this season, but is their poor form due to the fact that teams have understood how to play against them, by letting them have the ball instead of being battered on the counter, and Klopp failing to adapt?

Similar to the problem Rodgers has had this season with Liverpool, until the squad learned to play in a 3-4-3?

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, Alexis needs a rest. He played 50 odd games for Barca, had a decent World Cup, and has played all but two or three games for us this season.

But I agree with what you say: have fun trying to fit Alexis, Cazorla, Ozil, Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshere, Rosicky and OX in our XI when they're all fit.
    Along with giving players like Gnabry, Campbell et al an opportunity.

That would mean Alexis wouldn't have played a NLD. But again, I would rather him stay fit for longer if it means not playing him on Saturday.

Also, isn't Welbeck supposed to be on the bench at least tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether we win or lose, it will be close. Sanchez would be helpful but wouldn't change it. I feel the game will end 2-2, similar to Liverpool - we go 1-0 down, go 2-1 up, then let in a late equalizer. We need to silence Eriksen to win, and choke off supply balls to Kane. I would bring on Welbeck and Rosicky as subs, not start them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.