Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollyanna1998)
    I'm not letting my friends be a big deciding factor, I'm going to do what I want to do and go where I want to go regardless, I just meant that I want to go when I'm 18 I guess, so that im not older than most of the people in my 'year' or whatever. But of course if I need to resit then 100% I will.
    Good! I'm sorry if I seemed a bit bossy there, I just hear a lot of stupid things from people in the year I'm currently in about applying to the same unis as their friends just to stay together etc. Some even sacrificing their dream unis to go to one closer to their boyfriend 😩

Going to uni at 18 does have its benefits though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    Good! I'm sorry if I seemed a bit bossy there, I just hear a lot of stupid things from people in the year I'm currently in about applying to the same unis as their friends just to stay together etc. Some even sacrificing their dream unis to go to one closer to their boyfriend 😩

Going to uni at 18 does have its benefits though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No no I got that you were concerned ahah, yeah I think that's stupid... You probably won't even be friends/dating in a few weeks/months/years so why give up your dream. And if they're worth it, they will come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pollyanna1998)
    No no I got that you were concerned ahah, yeah I think that's stupid... You probably won't even be friends/dating in a few weeks/months/years so why give up your dream. And if they're worth it, they will come back.
    Exactly!

So, I've legitimately got no sleep. This is going to be a fun exam!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431318401.384073.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  28.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dw1996)
    Outline the Robertson's case studies of John, followed by the PDD model and then compare it to Lucy, Jane, Tom and Kate.
    I don't understrand the Laura's theory

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I reckon the easiest method to describe with these words would be elaborative rehearsal - so using Acronyms. Elaborative rehearsal is any memory method which makes the student think of the information in a new way. The student could use the first letter of each feature to create a new word, for example E from Evolution could become Elephants, C from Critical Period could become Can. The student would then arrange these words into a phrase which could be learnt and act as a cue for retrieving the original set of words. The phrase could be "Elephants can sometimes meet camels"
    thank you !!!

ReputationRep:
    I was so ready for this exam but I became ill over the weekend and I'm still ill, which s just great Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zirnuke)
    I would say something along the lines of how Acronyms can be used to memorise the main features of the theory. This is done by taking the first letter of each word and composing them to make a short sentence or another word to aid recall. This helps memory through association and so the student can look at all the first letters which create ECSMC and create a sentence like Elephants Carry So Many Cars.

Obviously make it sound slightly more together than that but you get the gist.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone, if you feel stressed go take some BB's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatSociopath)
    Good luck go everyone, if you feel stressed go take some BB's!
    Beta blockers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Beta blockers?
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    So what topics do people think are likely to come up for the 12 and 8 mark questions?

ReputationRep:
    I've changed my mind. I kinda hope day care comes up now

ReputationRep:
    Help please:
    What are some evaluation points for types of attachment/the strange situation? (developed please as I struggle with linking it back to my point)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with PSYA1 today guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenicoteri)
    Help please:
    What are some evaluation points for types of attachment/the strange situation? (developed please as I struggle with linking it back to my point)
    Ainsworths strange situation AO2
    Lab study -> lacks ecological validity
    Unethical to stress out children
    Only used middle class mother + children so lacks population validity as results cant be generalised
    Ignores role of father when deciding attachment types, baby can have diff attachment types with diff people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameIzPaul)
    So what topics do people think are likely to come up for the 12 and 8 mark questions?
    Strange situation 12 marks
    Day care 8 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyNameIzPaul)
    Disruption of attachment 8 marks
    Multi-store model 12 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    Disruption of attachment 8 marks
    Multi-store model 12 marks
    This is my prediction too.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.