Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djhodnett)
    does someone have 'out of spec' info for an essay on CO2
    Just type in google news "Co2" or "Carbon dioxide" and it will come up with scientific studies and articles etc ( https://news.google.co.uk/ )

(Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    So if they don't get all the reserve papers out in time and some sit one paper and others the other, surely they'll have to have two separate sets of grade boundaries??
    I'm pretty sure all the reserve papers have been delivered by now...
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    Some people said that if a paper is stolen and they produce a new paper etc. Then the grade boundaries are lower no matter what.
    It doesn't make sense to me though. Anyone have any ideas?
    Nobody knows. A reserve paper hasn't been done in years.

ReputationRep:
    get you guys planning and predicting essays, mean whilst I'm still tryna learn content

ReputationRep:
    what would you write about for an atp essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiyaitsnikitaaa)
    Atp used for active transport, respiration in terms of it being used in glycolysis, regenerated in kreb cycle and electron transport chain, photosynthesis it is produced and used, maintain resting potential, muscles, adsorption in intestines and active transport in terms of movement of water in plants

ReputationRep:
    -Respiration
    -Mitochondria
    -Photosynthesis
    -Muscle contraction
    -Active transport
    -It's role
    etc.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOG4...YtndiObWYkXjFU

He goes through a plan for ATP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sn4kebiteheart)
    What the hell is sanger sequence?!

help please!
    The terminator nucleotide used when you want to find the base sequence of a gene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plasmapause)
    Just type in google news "Co2" or "Carbon dioxide" and it will come up with scientific studies and articles etc ( https://news.google.co.uk/ )

I'm pretty sure all the reserve papers have been delivered by now...

Nobody knows. A reserve paper hasn't been done in years.
    Probably! It's just that some sat the original psychology paper this morning whilst others sat the reserve. But I suppose the extra day should give enough time.

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of a primer in PCR and Sanger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dianajxox)
    Can someone help with question 5(a)(i) and 5(b)?

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN11.PDF
    For a (i) as they tell you they're only using Kpn 1 and they say it produces two fragments then the dna fragment added must contain the Kpn 1 recognition site in order for there to be two fragments as obviously just one site would produce one long fragment! hope that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemBios)
    What is the point of a primer in PCR and Sanger?
    act as the starting point for the sequencing to begin

ReputationRep:
    For those who've done the past papers, is it worth doing them all?

ReputationRep:
    For an essay about movement in cells, does it mean things like preMrna leaving nucleus or actin filament moving along, idk what to write

ReputationRep:
    So just reading through this thread I am hearing about the BIO5 paper being stolen, and this article being linked.

Looking through the article it says nothing about Biology UNIT 5, or Biology at all. How can some of you guys be so sure that BIO5 was one of the papers compromised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student20142014)
    So just reading through this thread I am hearing about the BIO5 paper being stolen, and this article being linked.

Looking through the article it says nothing about Biology UNIT 5, or Biology at all. How can some of you guys be so sure that BIO5 was one of the papers compromised?
    There was something released listing all the stolen papers. If you look in this forum, you should find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student20142014)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...3&d=1434352210

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prophetkid)
    There was something released listing all the stolen papers. If you look in this forum, you should find it
    Oh, thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulDentist..)
    For those who've done the past papers, is it worth doing them all?
    i did all of them and felt there wasnt enough, so yes do them

ReputationRep:
    When reading off from Sanger technique. Do you read them so if it's in the A tube as a or as t/u

ReputationRep:
    i did all of them and felt there wasnt enough, so yes do them
    okay thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.