Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Hope it gets less mushy :sadnod: I'm also putting off work :ninja: Here if you want to talk through things

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know, it's confusing because I'm not thin enough for an eating disorder. People have commented saying I've lost weight but I can't see it. Made a deal with myself (and my dog :ninja:) that if depression stuff gets worse then I'll go.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    People with eating disorders can be any shape or size though, it doesn't stop them having one or deserving help. And if you've lost weight and are struggling with foody stuff then that still indicates one, especially if people have mentioned it before? I don't know if that makes any sense, sorry. But dogs are brilliant for making deals with, in fact dogs are just amazing, everyone should have one :yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    People with eating disorders can be any shape or size though, it doesn't stop them having one or deserving help. And if you've lost weight and are struggling with foody stuff then that still indicates one, especially if people have mentioned it before? I don't know if that makes any sense, sorry. But dogs are brilliant for making deals with, in fact dogs are just amazing, everyone should have one :yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No pressure

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know, logically you're making perfect sense but my brain disagrees. I'm not making much sense either

I agree, dogs are quite literally the best things ever.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No pressure

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know, logically you're making perfect sense but my brain disagrees. I'm not making much sense either

I agree, dogs are quite literally the best things ever.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brains are annoying like that

They really are! Although mine's been barking her head off all morning so kind of wish she'd shut up for a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    On the waiting list to see psychiatrist at ADHD clinic.

2-3 months urgh

Shouldn't complain, at least they're taking me seriously but exams are coming up and I really need help now :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    On the waiting list to see psychiatrist at ADHD clinic.

2-3 months urgh

Shouldn't complain, at least they're taking me seriously but exams are coming up and I really need help now :/
    Can you get any other help in the mean time from say a CPN or similar whilst you are waiting? Maybe you could go back to whoever referred you and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brains are annoying like that

They really are! Although mine's been barking her head off all morning so kind of wish she'd shut up for a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww! Mine keeps nudging my arm :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherbet_lemons7)
    :ninja:

I got the volunteer position. :gasp: :headfire:
    You = awesome. :cool:

(Original post by Jay84)
    I am feeling so anxious at the moment I am physically sick. Having recently got a job, they are going through the process of doing background checks and although I didn't lie about anything - I didn't mention my illness and am terrified that it will come out and more questions will be raised.

Its like I didn't do anything wrong but I feel if they find out about me being sectioned and in hospital and stuff that they will pull the offer.

I can't even feel good about having got a job and being on the road to recovery because I just have a horrible sickening feeling that things will come crashing down.

Everything I have eaten this week has been like acid. Think i need to get some promethazine to get me through till this is sorted jut have had to sign up to a new doctors and won't be able to even book an appt till next week.
    Just want to say good luck with the new job, and it does suck that your past keeps following you around. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling special right now

ReputationRep:
    bought myself a colouring book
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jay84)
    Can you get any other help in the mean time from say a CPN or similar whilst you are waiting? Maybe you could go back to whoever referred you and ask.
    I see a CPN anyway. It was more in regards to meds which they can't prescribe until I see the consultant at the clinic.

Thanks though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww! Mine keeps nudging my arm :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I went downstairs and she started licking my toes instead, but I suppose I can't have everything

(Original post by IDukem)
    You are definitely special! My brain's too mushed up to think if anything more constructive to say than that but you are definitely special :yep::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    I see a CPN anyway. It was more in regards to meds which they can't prescribe until I see the consultant at the clinic.

Thanks though
    Well if it is a med you have had before sometimes a cpn can recommend a gp prescribe it or can get a psych to sign it off but I guess this isn't always the case and it probably isn't as possible if you need something new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Just want to say good luck with the new job, and it does suck that your past keeps following you around. :console:
    Thanks. I am probably making more of a big deal of it than I need to really and hopefully, they just won't ask awkward questions. Saw disability advisor at the job centre this afternoon too and talking to them was helpful. They reckon I have done things the right way and that they can't ask too many specifics if I just say I had periods of illness.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I went downstairs and she started licking my toes instead, but I suppose I can't have everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wow Don't think mine has ever done that :lol:

---------------

Just got a rejection email from the job interview I had last week. I'm officially not worthy of cleaning at McDonald's. Feel so deflated.

ReputationRep:
    wow

ReputationRep:

Just got a rejection email from the job interview I had last week. I'm officially not worthy of cleaning at McDonald's. Feel so deflated.
    Hey. I empathise with the feelings of deflation and rejection but its no slight on you - just a lot of people looking for jobs at the moment. I've applied for hundreds of jobs to get one and constantly felt like I wouldn't ever get one but it can happen.

Hope your time comes soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    You = awesome. :cool:

Thanks lovely. Hows you? :hugs:

(Original post by IDukem)
    Your brains wrong. :yep: You're uber fantastical dukey. :yep: :lovehug:

Spoiler:
    Show

---------------

Dont feel bad! :hugs: Was talking about this with friends the other day there and it turned out that all of us bar one, had had at least one rejection from mcdonalds. Not a reflection on you at all! :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spoiler:
    Show

---------------

Spoiler:
    Show

Clearly clean socks on someone that's just had a shower taste better than you might think :dontknow:

Sorry about the second bit :hugs: It sounds ridiculous but try not to take it personally, people can apply for hundreds of jobs before even getting an interview sometimes so the fact you had one of then is an achievement, and it's good practice for next time. If you want a rant you know where I am!

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    wow
    You ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay84)
    Hey. I empathise with the feelings of deflation and rejection but its no slight on you - just a lot of people looking for jobs at the moment. I've applied for hundreds of jobs to get one and constantly felt like I wouldn't ever get one but it can happen.

Hope your time comes soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks
    Dont feel bad! :hugs: Was talking about this with friends the other day there and it turned out that all of us bar one, had had at least one rejection from mcdonalds. Not a reflection on you at all! :hugs:
    Cheers :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Clearly clean socks on someone that's just had a shower taste better than you might think :dontknow:

Sorry about the second bit :hugs: It sounds ridiculous but try not to take it personally, people can apply for hundreds of jobs before even getting an interview sometimes so the fact you had one of then is an achievement, and it's good practice for next time. If you want a rant you know where I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha! I'm about to get in the shower so I'll report back For some reason he's being ridiculously soft today, whenever I turn around he's sat there looking up at me with eyes full of love :teehee: Honestly don't know what I'd do without him :ninja:

Yeah, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lovely. Hows you? :hugs:
    I'm good thanks.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.