Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    I was reading Angila Ruskin universities interview procedure and it has changed since last year. They now do that MMI interviewing... i don't know much about it does anyone else?
    All I know is that you move from station to station where they will ask you questions, some of these involve ethical things then you have a few minutes to explain what you would do, then you go to your next station.
    http://multipleminiinterview.com/ - this site has some help and mock questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EPrice95)
    Oh no! :-( were you there on Saturday? I was for adult nursing. Panicking now!!
    Yeah I was! I heard back Monday morning so it was pretty quick. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard back yet! It probably means that they're still considering you (and that your interview wasn't as bad as mine hahaha).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsRaine)
    I have a feeling this will be me too, by the end of this week. I totally let my nerves ruin my interview

How come you felt yours went to bad?
    I just let my nerves get the better of me. Just keep thinking positive! Theres other universities and its not the end of the world so i've just got to improve for next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSecondDegree)
    How did it go badly Hannah? Sorry to hear about the rejection, it doesn't feel nice does it? I've been there. :-(

I've got my Brighton uni interview tomorrow, anyone else?
    I let my nerves get the better of me, I felt like I was rambling so half way through I said to the interviewer that i'm aware i'm 'chatting bubbles' so I probably didn't word my answers well hahahaha. Lesson learnt and hopefully I wont let my nerves get in the way next time!

Good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly why I didnt get into Brighton uni last year. I was so nervous my voice was shaking, my essay was a state and my mind went blank. I'd revised for months and months leading up to it.

Have you applied to anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanna_h)
    I let my nerves get the better of me, I felt like I was rambling so half way through I said to the interviewer that i'm aware i'm 'chatting bubbles' so I probably didn't word my answers well hahahaha. Lesson learnt and hopefully I wont let my nerves get in the way next time!

Good luck for tomorrow!
    This sounds like my interview so much! Except I said to the student nurse I had a serious case of verbal diarrhea :/ The interviewer kept telling me I needed to basically shut up so that I was to allow enough time to answer all the questions! :/

ReputationRep:

Good luck for tomorrow!
    Never worry, I found that in my first interview too, but it will only open other doors for you. Good luck in your other interviews. where else have you applied for ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSecondDegree)
    Thats exactly why I didnt get into Brighton uni last year. I was so nervous my voice was shaking, my essay was a state and my mind went blank. I'd revised for months and months leading up to it.

Have you applied to anywhere else?
    Its so nerve wracking!! At least you know where you went wrong though and you've had time to improve

I had an interview at Leeds Beckett 2 weeks ago (still waiting for a decision) and I have interviews at York and Cumbria coming up so I still have a bit of hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsRaine)
    This sounds like my interview so much! Except I said to the student nurse I had a serious case of verbal diarrhea :/ The interviewer kept telling me I needed to basically shut up so that I was to allow enough time to answer all the questions! :/
    Oh god interviews are horrible! Theres so much pressure! As soon as I got out I thought of 1000 things I could have said instead hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    Never worry, I found that in my first interview too, but it will only open other doors for you. Good luck in your other interviews. where else have you applied for ?
    Its all experience I suppose! Thank you, i've had an interview at Leeds Beckett and I have interviews coming up at Cumbria and York. Have you applied anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    Its all experience I suppose! Thank you, i've had an interview at Leeds Beckett and I have interviews coming up at Cumbria and York. Have you applied anywhere?
    yeah it is experience, after my first one last year I came out crying because I just froze and I left out all the stuff I learnt, I kept stuttering and then the more I noticed myself do that the more nervous I got and I was sweating it was horrible haha but my second interview I was so confident and I didn't let my nerves get to me because I was so upset with myself for messing my first one up I made sure I aced my second one. I applied through extra because I decided last minute to do uni as I lost my job and thought I would just go for it so my interview wasn't until may and I was placed on the waiting list incase anyone dropped out or failed exams, but they didn't so back to the beginning again. I found my first interview was a 10 min slot, straight in and out and my second was a whole day affair and I just felt so comfortable and confident. I got my nerves out of the way after chatting to all the other girls and current students. So I'm hoping my interviews this year are the same. I haven't received any interviews yet but I have heard from them all that they are considering my application and chester have asked for a second reference which I sent today. so hopefully. I applied to Wolverhampton (burton), angila ruskin (cambridge), chester, demontfort and staffordshire. Wolverhampton have also invited me to a maths and english test on the 9th of Dec. I only sent my appliction last weds. I'm so nervous now lol It's all for children's nursing. God I wrote a book sorry haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!
    Is anyone attending the assessment session tomorrow at City of London Uni? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Mine too! Good luck to you both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck to you too!! X

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying to mmu?

ReputationRep:
    Its so nerve wracking!! At least you know where you went wrong though and you've had time to improve

I had an interview at Leeds Beckett 2 weeks ago (still waiting for a decision) and I have interviews at York and Cumbria coming up so I still have a bit of hope.
    Hi, just noticed you said you have an interview for Cumbria ? When is your interview there?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was! I heard back Monday morning so it was pretty quick. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard back yet! It probably means that they're still considering you (and that your interview wasn't as bad as mine hahaha).
    I was there Saturday too!! Haven't heard anything yet :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashymoo98)
    All I know is that you move from station to station where they will ask you questions, some of these involve ethical things then you have a few minutes to explain what you would do, then you go to your next station.
    http://multipleminiinterview.com/ - this site has some help and mock questions
    Thank you so much. Ive never heard of it before x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frillian)
    Hey! yeah i applied to UWE and Hertfordshire! for child nursing - unfortunately UWE wanted BBB and i have predicted BBC (C in a science) so instant rejection and Hertfordshire i received an interview, went for the tests and failed the maths by 1 mark so didnt go onto the interview :/ definitely revise maths! like converstions between g and kg, simplifying fractions, long multiplication etc. As i think all the nurses take the same maths tests? but anyway Good Luck!
    Hi, sorry for the late response, I have just received an offer to go to an interview at plymouth on 8th January, which I am very nervous for. But have not heard from any of the other uni's.
    Sorry to hear about that, what are your plans now, still going for nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do the maths and English online test for Derby?
    I cried because my internet crashed half way through it and when it started running again I had 6 minutes left so had to rush them and didn't even get to answer the last few questions or read them properly, and they were really wordy questions! I'm emailed Derby and they said they would look into it but in so upset by it, why does it have to happen to me ?

ReputationRep:
    I've just received an offer for Leeds Beckett! My interview was on the 13th. I didn't get an email though so worth checking ucas!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.