Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    How does what a non-Arab looks like help you make a point about black people and Arabs?
    Phrase properly, dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I'm made to point out those things because some people assume I'm a Muslim just because i make threads like this one.
    Well you know what they say about assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    :rolleyes: You just satisfied what I had to say, that the boy has Arab blood, meaning he is not black. Yet you choose to tell me to consider the pure Negroid Sudanese people, as if that boy can classify as them. Use common sense!
    You have just taken my speculation that he has some Arab blood, twisted it into a proven fact and used that to justify calling someone who appears to be mainly Nubian "non-black". :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Well you know what they say about assumptions.
    What do they say oh wise one?

ReputationRep:
    Unless he's a geneologist,I doubt he knows anything about Arabs or blood lines
    It's called common sense. Would you consider the boy black? I would hope you don't have a very poor and uninformed perspective on ethnicity and that you don't think more broadly along the lines of skin colour exclusively constituting what someone's race is.

ReputationRep:
    Whereas you people argue your opinions behind a curtain of denial and random links like they suffice as "good arguments."
    My opinions are based on evidence, they are not random is the slightest (Random: made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.). They are carefully selected to support my argument and to provide the facts of the case.

ReputationRep:
    Phrase properly, dude.
    It was written in clear and correct English. If you have difficulty understanding it I suggest you tell me which bit is causing you difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Massives)
    "bringing homemade clock to school"

This is getting blown out of all proportion ;'.

He didn't make anything. He took the inside of a working clock out and put it in a box and everyone thinks he's a genius, giving him free stuff and talking about MIT? He said he did it to impress his teacher, but its probably the least impressive DIY you could do. A potato clock would have been infinitely more 'impressive'.

Literally takes about 10 seconds to do and a 6 year old could do it (he's 14).

American schools run no-common sense, 0 tolerance policies on stuff like that whatever race you are. There's a history of white school shootings, but if any type of firearm is suspected then the authorities get called immediately. There are protocols in place, no evidence the kid was racially profiled.

He and his family are now using the fact he's a muslim to their advantage now though, which is fine. Good for the kid, if I were him I'd run with it. Its just he's literally done nothing and there's a story.
    You're jokes are drier than the Sahara desert

ReputationRep:
    Keep in mind that this happened right around the 9/11 anniversary not 20 miles from the shooting at the 'Draw Mohammed' contest in Garland, Texas. Can't exactly blame the teacher for being too cautious.

ReputationRep:
    What do they say oh wise one?
    Assumptions are the mother of all ****-ups.

ReputationRep:
    It's called common sense. Would you consider the boy black? I would hope you don't have a very poor and uninformed perspective on ethnicity and that you don't think more broadly along the lines of skin colour exclusively constituting what someone's race is.
    As far as I know,Sudanese people consider themselves to be Arabs.

ReputationRep:
    You have just taken my speculation that he has some Arab blood,
    The rest of your sentence is so horribly phrased, it's hard to read.

Anyway it's quite clear he has Arab or West Asian blood. I just wanted you to say it.

You instead chose to say Sudanese people are the "blackest ever"

as in these people

knowing good and freaking well the boy doesn't look like that. For a very obvious reason :rolleyes:

I did not say he is not black. I said being from Africa doesn't automatically mean you're black. Which Diddy Dec said.
    I then asked you what you class as black and you keep deflecting.

ReputationRep:
    You're jokes are drier than the Sahara desert
    I agree he should be a bit more explosive with his comments. He really should be attempting to blow people away instead of failing to light a fuse.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know,Sudanese people consider themselves to be Arabs.
    Not all. The ones like the boy in the article do. Becuase they are Arab, or West Asian, or have their blood. It's called E-V68, their blood group. It's the blood haplogroup of afroasiatic people with West Asian, European or Arabic blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    I agree he should be a bit more explosive with his comments. He really should be attempting to blow people away instead of failing to light a fuse.
    You're trying too hard

ReputationRep:
    Unnecessary nonsense from Dawkins as per usual. You know it's bad even when Guardian readers are criticizing him rather than sucking his **** like they often would

No surprise that all the angsty, bitter teens on TSR are supporting him though! Guy could probably commend ISIS for their actions and still be praised :laugh:\

[Dawkins] is a leading critic of religious belief and an advocate for rational thought.
    just what :rofl2: :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Not all. The ones like the boy in the article do. Becuase they are Arab, or West Asian, or have their blood. It's called E-V68, their blood group. It's the blood haplogroup of afroasiatic people with West Asian, European or Arabic blood.
    The ones who live in the north of Sudan are Arabs

ReputationRep:
    So this little boy presents danger does he? Or is it just because he's black and Muslim and they just decided to treat him bad and not allowed a single phone call to his parents. If it was John I'm sure they'd allow him to call his parents
    I think that would be a yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Unnecessary nonsense from Dawkins as per usual.
    I agree we should get on our knees and mindlessly blow every professional victim instead.

ReputationRep:
    It was written in clear and correct English. If you have difficulty understanding it I suggest you tell me which bit is causing you difficulty.
    It was written in English but the grammar is disgusting. For all their useless verbosity, your sentences sound like a cacophony of rambling words. As opposed to your poor attempts at sounding intellectual.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.