Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aubergine7)
    Anyone heard from Nottingham yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an offer from them on Dec. 9th

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I applied to UCL on 13th Oct still not heard anything back. Just got an email about the joint course with a HongKong Uni. At the end of the email there was a reminder about LNAT results being linked to the UCL Law faculty. Did everyone else just tick the UCL box when registering for the LNAT online? That's all I do right? After taking the LNAT I don't have to send anything else do I? Just getting a bit worried... :sss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHussainAli)
    Hi guys, I applied to UCL on 13th Oct still not heard anything back. Just got an email about the joint course with a HongKong Uni. At the end of the email there was a reminder about LNAT results being linked to the UCL Law faculty. Did everyone else just tick the UCL box when registering for the LNAT online? That's all I do right? After taking the LNAT I don't have to send anything else do I? Just getting a bit worried... :sss
    Absolutely Just received the same email from them and thought it was an offer And dont worry. All we had to do was just to tick the UCL box

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    got oxford! 38 (666), Open Offer

ReputationRep:
    Roughly how long do Nottingham take in getting back to you after the LNAT?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I thought that too, my phone only displayed the sentence "it is with great pleasure" so I got really excited and okay no worries thannks

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Birmingham! Yay!☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cewhite)
    when did you take your LNAT?
    im still waiting on an offer ://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly786786)
    when did you take your LNAT?
    im still waiting on an offer ://
    9th December!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cewhite)
    Congrats!! I have one from there too, do you mind me asking what the offer was?
    Do you think it'll be in your top 2? have you visited it yet?

getting an offer is such a good feeling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Congrats!! I have one from there too, do you mind me asking what the offer was?
    Do you think it'll be in your top 2? have you visited it yet?

getting an offer is such a good feeling!
    The offer was for 3A's
    Its definately in my top 3 and i havent heard from my other 2 favourites! I havent visited Nottingham yet so not sure where that falls in terms of ranking!
    I have visited it! The campus was amazing and so are the modules! Will probs visit it again though

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how long it takes for LNAT unis (UCL KCL Durham Birmingham) to reply?

Submitted my app on 17th Nov and received an offer from Warwick about 2 weeks later, but I only sat for the LNATs on the 17th of Dec!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anitatoz)

Submitted my app on 17th Nov and received an offer from Warwick about 2 weeks later, but I only sat for the LNATs on the 17th of Dec!
    I got an uncondition from Birm about 3 weeks after applying (in early Novemmber)
    Still waiting on Kings and Warwick tho :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anitatoz)

I wish I knew that I was wondering the same thing as I applied on 18th November to 2 LNAT unis ( Durham and UCL). Took my LNAT on 25th same month, though. The only thing so far that I received from UCL was an email promoting a new law course in Hong Kong.
    What I do know is that these unis take their time to give out offers/rejections
    I am starting to get worried as I really wanted to receive decision from my LNAT unis before getting my LNAT score (in early February)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    I wish I knew that I was wondering the same thing as I applied on 18th November to 2 LNAT unis ( Durham and UCL). Took my LNAT on 25th same month, though. The only thing so far that I received from UCL was an email promoting a new law course in Hong Kong.
    What I do know is that these unis take their time to give out offers/rejections
    I am starting to get worried as I really wanted to receive decision from my LNAT unis before getting my LNAT score (in early February)
    Yeah I also applied early November and have offers from QMUL and Warwick - both came very soon after I sent my application. QM in a day or so and Warwick took 9 or 10 days. I'm waiting for KCL and LSE. Nothing yet but hopefully by the end of this month I should get some response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    Yeah I also applied early November and have offers from QMUL and Warwick - both came very soon after I sent my application. QM in a day or so and Warwick took 9 or 10 days. I'm waiting for KCL and LSE. Nothing yet but hopefully by the end of this month I should get some response.
    I applied in early November as well, and have also received an offer from qmul! What are your predicted grades if you don't mind my asking?

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 7th of December. I've heard from Warwick who replied within a day, then Sheffield the same week , then Exeter a and KCL a week later 💁🏻 . Still waiting on Birmingham 🙈🙈

(Original post by cosmicsparrow)
    Likewise! Thank you very much! But I MESSED UP big time on the LNAT so not hoepful 😂😂
    why did u mess up? what happened?

(Original post by kateaustins)
    Mateeeee we doing the same course

I got the same for Exeter, interview at Worcester College Oxford (what a bloody waste of time), AAA Nottingham, unconditional Birmingham and a scholarship off at KCL.

Big congrats to you, especially your unconditional and Oxford interview!
    which scholarship at KCL did u get? what was the value and did u have to write an essay to get the scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting my class 12 this year, I am an Indian and I am really interested in studying law in UK as I don't want to practice law in India, college I am really interested in going to is UCL but I don't know if it's too big of a dream for me. I want to know how does the LNAT selection process work? Do they send your result to all the LNAT colleges or you have to choose few and what do you guys mean when you say "GOT AN OFFER FROM X,X,X" like you got directly into it through your LSAT result's ? Is it mean they are considering you or you are just in? Do univs also check high school result before making offer etc? . I will be really grateful for your help guys.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Students on the UK apply to university through a system called UCAS. A standard application consists of:
    A personal statement (1 A4 page about why you are suited for the course)
    A reference from your teacher
    Predicted Grades ( Predicted grades are an estimation of what you will get in your exams at the end of this year)

Universities then look at all these three elements and then give an "offer". An typical offer is the " conditional offer" this is where the university says to the applicant that of you get these results e.g. AAA we will accept you. An unconditional offer is where the university accepts you regardless of what you get in your exams
    This type of offer is rare and most are conditional offers.

Offers vary from course to course.
    For law some universities ask you take the LNAT test as part of the application process. Not all Universities ask for this. The score you achieve on this test is also a factor for universities when deciding to give you an offer or rejection.

So when people say I got an offer, they mean the university has accepted their application and of they get the required grades that the university asks for they will have gained full entry onto that course.

Hope this helps

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.