Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have just got an offer from LSBU? Does anyone want to go there or got an offer? I applied for it but I wasn't really convinced of that choice. Their requirements are not that high so I'm afraid that it's not that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    Have just got an offer from LSBU? Does anyone want to go there or got an offer? I applied for it but I wasn't really convinced of that choice. Their requirements are not that high so I'm afraid that it's not that good.
    It is RIBA accredited so it will teach you what is needed. It is lower down on the league tables however if you like it then you will work better there and it will give you the needed qualifications so don't worry to much about the requirements. I was advised by an architect to look at the RIBA president medals and they haven't been seen in it for a few years. It all depends on where you can go with your grades and where you want to go, however i would say don't go somewhere just because its the only one you can go to, their is nothing wrong with taking a year to do an art and design foundation degree to broaden your choices.

ReputationRep:
    Is three weeks a long time to wait for a response from UCL after sending the drawing task? And should I call?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoomooz)
    Anyone received offers from sheffield yet?
    Yeah I got one a while ago, will be my firm if UCL do not offer me a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adds24)
    I'm in the same boat as you! I really like Nottingham, Oxford Brooke's and Kent. I'm listing all thegood and bad things about each of them before I make a decision.
    Yeahhh same here! Are you going to any of the offerholder days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    Is three weeks a long time to wait for a response from UCL after sending the drawing task? And should I call?
    I'm waiting too, but its only been 2 weeks. My friend who applied in November said it took over a month and she got an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sambeech)
    Did anyone get an email today from Bath about an open day for applicants? They just invited me to an open day, but I have had no email about an offer. Does this mean I may get an offer or possibly an interview?
    I haven't gotten one but they said on their open day they had one for their applicants who got an offer but I'm not sure as this was in September. What are you predicted and has anyone else got nothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misha97)
    Yep I've got from Sheffield and Nottingham and still waiting for Cardiff and Kent. Bath was my most wanted in the beginning, but they had extremely high standarts for my exams at the end of the year, which I knew I wouldn't be able to come up to, so I didn't apply in the end. Wishing you luck to get accepted wherever you want most ^^
    Thank you! I still haven't heard from Cardiff and Kent either, getting nervous haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemyerst)
    I haven't gotten one but they said on their open day they had one for their applicants who got an offer but I'm not sure as this was in September. What are you predicted and has anyone else got nothing?
    Yeah I applied and still haven't heard anything about an offer or an offer holder day:/ Slightly worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grewsters)
    Yeah I applied and still haven't heard anything about an offer or an offer holder day:/ Slightly worrying
    I just checked their website and they usually reply to all applicants by the end of march, and their last open day is April 20th! So I think we should be ok? What are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    I just checked their website and they usually reply to all applicants by the end of march, and their last open day is April 20th! So I think we should be ok? What are you predicted?
    A*A*A in physics, biology and maths. Ahhh we've got a while until we need to start worrying then. (better not take until march though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grewsters)
    A*A*A in physics, biology and maths. Ahhh we've got a while until we need to start worrying then. (better not take until march though)
    I know right, if it takes that long I'll kill myself. UAL told me to take a foundation year because my art wasn't architectural enough which really pissed me off, so I'm glad Bath doesn't judge on portfolios, literally such a big weight off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    Who else got invited to apply for a scholarship in Univ of Sheffield?

I don't know what to choose as my firm. Sheffield, Newcastle, DMU or Kent?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when Bartlett interviews time usually ends? by mid March or the end of March?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    Hey guys it's always me I apologize but... What kind of outfit did you choose for the Bartlett interview?
    Have a look at what the staff wear in their formal photographs: http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/archit...ople/academics

I counted 2 ties and about 50:50 for the men between shirts without ties and sweaters/casual tops.

Basically wear something you'll be comfortable in. The staff do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethhh98)
    Yeahhh same here! Are you going to any of the offerholder days?
    Yup I'm gonna go to the Kent and Nottingham ones. I've been to Oxford Brooke's already. Wbu

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had their interview already? I heard that I need to prepare a 2nd personal statement but this does not include in the email that Bartlett sent me, so do I need to prepare it? Also is it possible I bring two A3 file and one A4 sketchbook to the interview?

ReputationRep:
    had an interview in UCL on 8th of December and still have not heard anything back...i guess maybe they want to see more people before making a decision? or shall i just phone them up LOL

went to Bath open day last week and absolutely loved it, so definitely gonna firm Bath
    if UCL offers me a place then i m gonna make it my insurance choice. if not, then i will make Oxford Brooks as insurance.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer a few hours after posting to TSR, for A*AA. Delighted as Bath will be my first choice and is my favourite! I am predicted AAA and got AAA last year - so am capable of A*AA. Have you heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone let me know if you had interviews in Feb when you get offers/ rejections? I hate the wait. Anyone who has interviews and got offers from December how long did it take? I have heard 3 - 6 weeks????

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.