The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by The Wavefunction
I imagine the same goes for England though, possibly to an even more extreme level. Jordan, Willey, Rashid and Plunkett all very capable with the bat. They've all got previous in making quick runs.

Bare in mind that there's a game on the pitch in the morning and the possibility of the groundsman cutting it, I don't think it'll be as green come tomorrow.

Absolutely - but I would say that the English mentality is different to the Windies', which is literally just to go out and entertain. Regardless of this nonchalant and exciting new England, I would bank on the Windies' lower order delivering over England's, mainly because they've been there and done it and England may experience some self-doubt.
Original post by Mackay
Absolutely - but I would say that the English mentality is different to the Windies', which is literally just to go out and entertain. Regardless of this nonchalant and exciting new England, I would bank on the Windies' lower order delivering over England's, mainly because they've been there and done it and England may experience some self-doubt.

If by lower order we're talking Russell and Sammy then I'll agree, but Braithwaite, Badree and Benn i'd have to disagree with.
Reply 962
If by lower order we're talking Russell and Sammy then I'll agree, but Braithwaite, Badree and Benn i'd have to disagree with.

Talking about 1-8.
West Indies women BEAT Australia to win Womens T20 world cup! My heart says the west Indies men should win it today too!

Imagine Under 19 World cup winners, Womens T20 champions and Men T20 champions all in the same year... we need a strong West Indies team like the 60s and 70s again! This is a slap on the WICB faces and hopefully it should prompt them to imrpove their test performances as well!
Why is this surprising. T20 is an octane event with little reward for discipline. It was meant for the Windies.
Reply 965
Original post by atom y humber
Why is this surprising. T20 is an octane event with little reward for discipline. It was meant for the Windies.

The Windies are the most decorated and storied cricketing nation (if you can call them that) of all-time. You can't just lump them in as T20 mindless sloggers. If they had the plethora of talent available to them in Tests, they'd be a much fiercer proposition than we saw in series like against Australia during the festive period.
:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: me that over. Fair play. Gutted though.
Ridiculous from Braithwaite, but that knock from Samuels is as good as any you'll ever see.

Hope stokes isn't scarred by that, will take some getting back from.

Also, thank **** for Now TV.
(edited 8 years ago)

:colondollar:
Going to miss this constant stream of Cricket matches. Oh well, Pakistan v England soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
:colondollar:

Yeah, can't really say much there can I..
Kudos to Samuels - had a rightly reprieve but kept his composure even though he was getting the big hits at the end. He's just given an brilliant post-match interview, ripping into Warne, nice one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 972
I'll discuss the final properly in the other thread, I think. Seems wrong to tarnish this thread with my disappointment right now.

Just posting the Afridi update: he has stepped down as Pakistan T20 captain, but vows to continue playing in the shorter format of the game.
Absolutely :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing gutted... but fair play to WIndies tho, they were amazing. Great game!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay

Just posting the Afridi update: he has stepped down as Pakistan T20 captain, but vows to continue playing in the shorter format of the game.

Don't know why he hasn't retired, very unlikely, bordering on impossible, he gets in the team. Time for him to go and try to let Sarfaraz, potentially the new captain, to build a team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 975
Windies sticking it to everybody post-match in the interviews. Sammy laying into Mark Nicholas, Samuels dedicating the victory to Warne. Samuels saying he doesn't know when he'll play with the Windies lads again, demanding support from the Windies Cricket Board. Extraordinary.
does anyone know where the fudge is Duncan Fletcher?? Wasnt he meant to be coach of India?

I understand shashtri became team director but if he replaced fletcher that was the quietest sacking of an India coach ive ever seen. The man has gone AWOL literally!!
Reply 977
Samuels fined 30% of match fee for ‘abusive and offensive’ language today.

Apparently he had a run-in with Stokes at the death, and whipped off his shirt and celebrated in front of the England dugout.

He and Stokes have history, but regardless, that's a shame to see.
Poor taste from Samuels, but he's always been one to wind up the opposition. I don't think many players outside of the Caribbean like him. I was expecting him to salute Stokes at one point.
Original post by Mackay
The Windies are the most decorated and storied cricketing nation (if you can call them that) of all-time. You can't just lump them in as T20 mindless sloggers. If they had the plethora of talent available to them in Tests, they'd be a much fiercer proposition than we saw in series like against Australia during the festive period.

Are we 1990s now?

Quick Reply

Latest