Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1')
    Yep, I'm going this academic year as well. When is your deadline for all of the course work submission Heard it is quite early?
    I don't remember which is bad but I'm different to everyone else in my class they procastonate and get stressed at the end where as I'm always stressed even though it's easier than Alevels ... What subject have you applied for and what's your target? Do you think you'll achieve it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaa7866)
    I don't remember which is bad but I'm different to everyone else in my class they procastonate and get stressed at the end where as I'm always stressed even though it's easier than Alevels ... What subject have you applied for and what's your target? Do you think you'll achieve it?
    I applied for law, I'm predicted D*D*D*. Hopefully will achieve.. But it's so stressful.. Waiting for the marking turnaround, etc. there's just so many units you have to get your head around..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1')
    I applied for law, I'm predicted D*D*D*. Hopefully will achieve.. But it's so stressful.. Waiting for the marking turnaround, etc. there's just so many units you have to get your head around..
    I do Business and Law & only have two units of law and I find them highly painful my mind set when choosing Btec Business and Law was to go into law but didn't enjoy it but for only doing two units it's given the name that I have a qualification in law 😭

ReputationRep:
    I do Business and Law & only have two units of law and I find them highly painful my mind set when choosing Btec Business and Law was to go into law but didn't enjoy it but for only doing two units it's given the name that I have a qualification in law 😭
    Likewise 🙉, are you doing the btec business extended diploma? If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1')
    Likewise 🙉, are you doing the btec business extended diploma? If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
    Does it look like I want you stalking me :") im joking ofc I'm located at Stephensons college wby? Where are you originally from? ( Stephesons Is at the other campus)

ReputationRep:
    Does it look like I want you stalking me :" im joking ofc I'm located at Stephensons college wby? Where are you originally from? ( Stephesons Is at the other campus)
    I'm located on the other side of the bridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1')
    I'm located on the other side of the bridge
    Oh right I thought that the campus was for sciencey subjects

ReputationRep:
    Offer: AAA
    Course: Classics
    College: applied and allocated to St Chads!!!

ReputationRep:
    You guys are so clever. I don't have A Levels so I'm doing a foundation year before I start my degree, I've been assigned to Josephine Butler college and I'm doing Education Studies.

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed Theology & Religion at Josephine Butler, if I get the AAB I need to get in! Anyone know how flexible Durham are with regards to grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmyapplepie)
    I've firmed Theology & Religion at Josephine Butler, if I get the AAB I need to get in! Anyone know how flexible Durham are with regards to grades?
    Nice you're at Butler same as me! I'm so excited. Are you staying on campus, have you looked around yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LozzaCozza)
    Nice you're at Butler same as me! I'm so excited. Are you staying on campus, have you looked around yet?
    Hopefully I should be, I went to one of the post-offer days and loved it! Shame it's all the way at the top of that hill, though that means I won't have to pay for a gym membership haha! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying for gym membership too its only £10 a year! I've been to look around but they didn't have a bedroom open for us to look in, did you get a look at what the accomodation is like? Yes I'm staying on campus.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else upset about their college allocation? I really wish I could change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak33m98)
    Is anyone else upset about their college allocation? I really wish I could change it
    I was initially, I applied to butler and got reallocated to Van Mildert, but I looked into it and it's not that bad! And I understand why they reallocated me because I think van mildert is supposed to be a more sporty college. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll love it once you get there, and even if you don't then you don't have to spend all your time there and it's only for the first year!

ReputationRep:
    I'm paying for gym membership too its only £10 a year! I've been to look around but they didn't have a bedroom open for us to look in, did you get a look at what the accomodation is like? Yes I'm staying on campus.
    Oh really? I know some who went to Royal Holloway and she said that there it was £200+ for the year, so assumed Durham would be similar!

I had a look round a flat, it seemed pretty decent! The en-suites are little pods which are like wet rooms. The bedrooms are not overly large but nice enough!

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I know some who went to Royal Holloway and she said that there it was £200+ for the year, so assumed Durham would be similar!

I had a look round a flat, it seemed pretty decent! The en-suites are little pods which are like wet rooms. The bedrooms are not overly large but nice enough!
    Brilliant, I look forward to it. Are you 18 or a mature student? I'm 23.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, I look forward to it. Are you 18 or a mature student? I'm 23.
    I'm 18

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18
    Nice, what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Nice, what course are you doing?
    Theology & Religion, what about you?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.